Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JuanMa López: I had to protest because the handwrapping we used was similiar to Titos

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaYaN_SuN View Post
    Cause he's ****in stupid and let that **** slip out on accident. But something was always weird about his power. And so many people have commented on Trinidad Sr's way of wrapping, Fres Oquendo said that he would get more power when Sr would wrap his hands too. Now Lopez is admitting to the same technique.

But **** all that, this coward can't get his special hand wraps, and all of a sudden he's not a puncher anymore? It Doesn't take a ****in genius to read between those lines. He can only hurt people with that ****, without it, he's useless.

I hope Frank reads this and takes notes, just in case any of his boys step in the ring with this coward
    From a Margarito fan? really? lol

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      Do you think there was something in the wraps? Or, do you think it was the way it was wrapped that was a problem?
      There's a technique to wrap them so that you can basically get a ****in cast wrapped around you're fist. I remember reading that when they cut Tito's glove off and began to unwrap (before the Hopkisn fight), he had like a string of Tape that was practically never ending. You basically use the tape in some way to get an extremely firm foundation around the fist. With Trinidad, they said his hand was extremely heavy for some reason, than when they cut the glove off, Naz said his wrapping was rock solid. Plus prior to that, I guess there were already whispers going around boxing about how Tito would wrap up.

But ****, props to the guy who came through and stopped Lopez from doing it. Cause it's evident now, without those wraps Lopez isn't even a fraction of the puncher that he is with them. That's 2 fights in a row he didn't get the wraps he wanted, and his power was NON EXISTENT.

I really hope Boxing continues to stay on top of this ****. I want to see some fair fights.

Comment

Originally posted by El Protagonista View Post
        From a Margarito fan? really? lol
        Margarito fan? **** Margarito too..

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
          How come Tito and Juanma are getting **** about their handwrap while Mayweather has someone do his handwrap so he does not hurt his hand?

If tito and lopez can not wrap their hands different why Mayweather get his wrap different?
          theres a differance in protecting your hands..and wrapping them where you punches will be more effective....how did floyd make into this thread??

Comment

Originally posted by larry x View Post
            theres a differance in protecting your hands..and wrapping them where you punches will be more effective....how did floyd make into this thread??
            people cant seem to get him out of their minds apparently

as to the wraps the problem at hand (pardon the pun) is the use of the tape in regards to wrapping the hands. There is to be no tape placed directly over the knuckles or directly in contact with the skin because you can layer it to the point where the wraps become hard and cast like.

as for Mayweather's wraps Garcia does his with extra GAUZE to protect Mayweather's knuckle, not quite the cheating smoking gun thing when you realize how soft gauze is.

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
              How come Tito and Juanma are getting **** about their handwrap while Mayweather has someone do his handwrap so he does not hurt his hand?

If tito and lopez can not wrap their hands different why Mayweather get his wrap different?
              the most simplest way to put it

one way is outlawed by the State Atheletic Comissions

the other isn't

understand?

Comment

people are leaving the element "Chin" out of the question. Penasola an Mtawa have iron in there, up there is Margarito too. its called having a Chin.

Comment

Lmao.

Omg.

You started a new breed of haters that will now say lopez wrapped his hands wrong, lol here we go.

Comment

Originally posted by estbn View Post
                    There's always been something said about Trinidads handwraps and now Juanma says something like this... i don't know if it's pointless, but anyway, here's what Juanma said:

"I had to protest because the hand-wrapping we used was similiar to the one Tito Trinidad used. We remove a little of gauze, tape and we keep wrapping. The commissioner that was attending the wraps, said that it was not like that. I told him that Tito fought here many times and it was accepted (that way of hand-wrapping). I was with Tito when he fought Roy Jones and
                    there was no problems. Why for one (Tito) and no for others (Lòpez)?"

http://vocero.com/noticia-32685-falt...el_nocaut.html

The article also says: His manager Orlando Piñero, went against the New York State Athletic Commission, saying that the commissioner that was in the dressing room of López, forced him to change the wraps of his hands.

I don't know if something about this has been said already here, but anyway i thought it was interesting.

by the way, sorry for my bad english.
                    why didn't roach catch this in the penalosa fight?

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
                      I highly doubt it made any difference. Mtagwa is just a hard dude.
                      Honestly I mean I just didnt expect him to check Juan Manuel Lopez that hard.

Comment

Working...
                      X