Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Manager Hoping to Find Replacement Opponent for Dmitry Bivol on June 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goatintheboat View Post
    Yarde should get the call. Common opponent. Dunno if Bivol hits hard enough to keep Yarde at bay. He certainly ain't no Beterbiev
    Beterbiev is done. Too old, too many injuries. If he ever fights Bivol, it won`t even be competitive.

Comment

Joshua

Comment

Benavidez

Comment

betterbiev always injured. hope it Benevides. I'll be betting Bivol

Comment

I think, besides Bivol vs Beterbiev, a Bivol vs Benavidez matchup would be fascinating.

I don't think much of the supposed good match between Benavidez and Gvozydyk.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post

Morrell Jr and benavidez are going up. Me thinks Morrell Jr should get the call, bivol is wba?
              Bivol is the WBA Champ and Butasi is his mando. If I were in Butasi's shoes, I'd jump at the chance of life changing Saudi money and a shot at the belt.

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post

Bivol is the WBA Champ and Butasi is his mando. If I were in Butasi's shoes, I'd jump at the chance of life changing Saudi money and a shot at the belt.
                Buatsi didn't jump at the Bivol fight when he was with Matchroom.

I know Warren and Yarde are supposedly not on good terms at the moment, but Warren said that Yarde is still under contract. If so, he should try and get Yarde to be the replacement. Then, the 5 vs. 5 becomes 6 vs. 6.
                Goatintheboat Goatintheboat likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
                  No way the Benavidez vs Gvozdyk fight gets cancelled for Bivol vs Benavidez. It's a guaranteed loss for David and it will effectively torch the last remaining ember of hope he has at facing Canelo. And I think he knows it.
                  Wouldn't say guaranteed loss but a very hard fight for anyone.

And a loss to Bivol shouldn't stop Benevides Canelo from being made.

They could bill it as "Battle of Bivol's babies.

Comment

Originally posted by Goatintheboat View Post
                    Yarde should get the call. Common opponent. Dunno if Bivol hits hard enough to keep Yarde at bay. He certainly ain't no Beterbiev
                    I agree that Yarde should get the call. Yarde has already proven that he can be out-boxed and that his stamina isn't great. Bivol has enough power to keep Yarde honest, and enough skill to keep Yarde guessing. I think Bivol would be able to survive Yarde's offensive bursts.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

Buatsi didn't jump at the Bivol fight when he was with Matchroom.

I know Warren and Yarde are supposedly not on good terms at the moment, but Warren said that Yarde is still under contract. If so, he should try and get Yarde to be the replacement. Then, the 5 vs. 5 becomes 6 vs. 6.
                      That's good idea too man, I dig it.

Comment

Working...
                      X