Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Manager Hoping to Find Replacement Opponent for Dmitry Bivol on June 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Ring's LHW top 10, there's WBA mando Buatsi, vets Yarde, Gvozdyk, and the new blood, Ramirez, Izmailov and Zinad. Not much else.

And then maybe the 168 guys like Benavidez or Morrell if they want to try their hand at 175.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

Great idea, but why wouldn`t Benavidez step up? His fans already claim he stops Bivol, so...Lets see it.

Benavidez has his fight scheduled for only 14 days later, so just cancel it and man up.
      There it is, here is your chance Benny unified champion if you win then Undisputed title fight when Beterbiev heals up.
      TonyRespectful TonyRespectful likes this.

Comment

How about treating the fans from Saudi money and if Canelo can do to mungai what AJ did to ngounno , pay him well and get him in , but if Canelo does as well as fury vs ngounno give him a a few years break lol

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
          No way the Benavidez vs Gvozdyk fight gets cancelled for Bivol vs Benavidez. It's a guaranteed loss for David and it will effectively torch the last remaining ember of hope he has at facing Canelo. And I think he knows it.
          With Canelo losing to Bivol at 175 (Nelo now knowing his weight limit is 168) and Benny indicating he's moving up to 175, that fight is now most likely dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy7861992 View Post
            How about treating the fans from Saudi money and if Canelo can do to mungai what AJ did to ngounno , pay him well and get him in , but if Canelo does as well as fury vs ngounno give him a a few years break lol
            Lol I thought the same, but it doesn’t allow for a proper micro-dosing program for Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw16 View Post
              People have to realize Benavidez isn’t realistic, because he’s scheduled for a pbc pay per view, and he’d he sued if he cancelled the fight and went under a different banner.

Morrell Jr would be great.

I think Buatsi is the most likely bet. He has a name, he needs a dance partner, and there’d be no resistance from the Bivol camp because it’d be very winnable.
              Yeah I don't see buatsi taking it on 3 weeks notice don't think the people at boxxer are gonna wanna throw one of there top fighters over there when it's not even being broadcasted on there television.

Comment

Benevidez needs every day he get to make weight. Also, I doubt his team would take that big of a risk on short notice.

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

Great idea, but why wouldn`t Benavidez step up? His fans already claim he stops Bivol, so...Lets see it.

Benavidez has his fight scheduled for only 14 days later, so just cancel it and man up.

Comment

Yarde should get the call. Common opponent. Dunno if Bivol hits hard enough to keep Yarde at bay. He certainly ain't no Beterbiev
                  Last edited by Goatintheboat; 05-04-2024, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Goatintheboat View Post
                    Yarde should get the call. Common opponent. Dunno if Bivol hits hard enough to keep Yarde at bay. He certainly ain't no Beterbiev
                    Why yarde? Third time is the charm?

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
                      From Ring's LHW top 10, there's WBA mando Buatsi, vets Yarde, Gvozdyk, and the new blood, Ramirez, Izmailov and Zinad. Not much else.

And then maybe the 168 guys like Benavidez or Morrell if they want to try their hand at 175.
                      Morrell Jr and benavidez are going up. Me thinks Morrell Jr should get the call, bivol is wba?

Comment

Working...
                      X