Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eddie Hearn: Devin Haney Wants Ryan Garcia Fight to Be a No-Contest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
    Haney is right.

But he still got his ass whooped. Honestly, I can see his downfall from now on.
    exactly right

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
      Ryan is a clown, but roids no roids, outcome would be the same. Haney biggest problem was Garcia speed, Haney needs to come to terms that he's a good, but not a great fighter.
      In that case, PROVE IT IN THE RING!!! Rematch @ 145!!!
      Last edited by Bronx2245; 05-03-2024, 06:37 AM.
      champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
        They didn’t reverse Mayweather sucker punching Ortiz, they shouldn’t reverse this. Ban the **** lover and don’t care for Haneys antics either. Bring back Teo!
        Cry……

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
          Meanwhile Eddie pushes for juicy eggs bennaddict with no licence for big fight's. He doesn't give a fugg as long as he get's his cut.
          First thing that came to my mind as well, hearn’s fighters are notorious for ped usage

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
            They didn’t reverse Mayweather sucker punching Ortiz, they shouldn’t reverse this. Ban the **** lover and don’t care for Haneys antics either. Bring back Teo!
            Well, one of them broke the rules by failing a drug test and the other one punched someone in a boxing match which isn’t breaking the rules.

That would be why.

Comment

I think all fighters caught taking PEDs should have their victory made into a no Contest - but ONLY if found guilty. They should also be forced to wear pink girly shorts with "hot girl" written on them for their next 4 fights​

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
              Ryan is a clown, but roids no roids, outcome would be the same. Haney biggest problem was Garcia speed, Haney needs to come to terms that he's a good, but not a great fighter.
              They were 3-all in fights before that last one. That's why it's shame Ryan doesn't want a rematch. He could get the belt for real. He doesn't seem very confident about winning again.

Comment

I think that a No Contest would be a fair resolution under the circumstances. However, I found something very troubling though.

We have yet to hear from the governing body NYSAC position on this matter. They are the ones who gets to decide what action should be taken.

Comment

First of all, Haney took payment for the extra weight and went in with eyes open. Haney's camp had every right to walk away from the bout as soon as Garcia failed to make weight. Instead, they accepted the dough and took to social media to brag about it.

Second, Haney Sr said Allah is the perfect planner. It's all part of his plan to show what Devin is made of!

Third, regarding an immediate no contest: due process. VADA need to present their full findings to the boxing authorities and then appropriate action can be taken when all the facts are known. At the risk of jumping the gun, unless somehow a mistake has been made in the testing, a lengthy suspension should be on the cards for Garcia. Haney still has his belt. I don't have a view on a no contest yet, but there's nothing to be gained by rushing the decision.

Fourth, I would have an awful lot more sympathy for Haney had he said after the fight: "I was just overpowered. He had more strength and stamina than I expected" or something along those lines. What he actually said was "I slept on the left hook." Ryan's PEDs didn't make Haney repeatedly sleep on his opponent's single most effective shot. That all said, if the VADA findings are ultimately upheld, then I will have a measure of sympathy for Haney, who took a beating on an uneven playing field.

Overall the whole affair is a bad look for boxing, a bad look for Golden Boy and a bad look for Ryan Garcia.

Comment

Even if it's ruled a no contest, after the ring announcer says "31-0 with 1 no contest", there will be plenty of eye rolls, including mine. Some things you just cant unsee. Haney took a beating!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackstarr View Post

Garcia barely boxed or used jabs all night. It was his explosiveness and power that did Haney, and that’s what Garcia gained from not sacrificing himself doing a full weight cut and from taking PEDs, as has been discovered. And saying weight doesn’t matter is ridiculous, otherwise weight classes serve no purpose at all.

If you’ve got your ass whipped because your opponent has used loaded gloves, pumped themselves with PEDs or done any other significant cheating, how can that possibly be the same as being beat fair and square? Haney’s image will remain damaged from this fight, but the loss should be scrapped from his record 100%.
                      In earlier days, fighters were outweighed by 15-20 lbs. easily. Sam Langford regularly was outweighed in the boxing ring. So was SRR, SRL and others. Floyd Mayweather and Pacquaio were outweighed in plenty of their fights. When Pacquaio fought Oscar De La Hoya, he was outweighed by a good 10 lbs. on fight night. I could go on and on. Boxing skills, ring movement, training hard, conditioning all play a factor in who wins these types of fights.

Of course weight classes make a difference. But a 3 lb. weight difference, come on now. Haney just got his ass beaten up that night. Garcia threw a wild left hand and caught flush on the jaw in the 1st round. The fact that Garcia and Haney fought each other several times makes more of a difference. They fought a total of 6 times in the amateurs. Garcia knew Haney's fighting style from the start.
                      Regge Regge likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X