Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Navigating a Prudent, Profitable Path in Canelo Alvarez's Final Years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Knuckle sandwich View Post
    Canelo has done a lot for boxing, he deserves to be in the position of calling the shots
    yea he has done a lot " to " boxing.............

Comment

How about he vacates the belts and continues fighting whoever he wants while not paying the sanctioning fees? That would do boxing a lot of good...
      factsarenice factsarenice likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyborg Fangerloo View Post
        I would LOVE to read an unbiased, facts only paper that outlines the arguments against Canelo. It would include the FACTS about him weight bullying, aging guys out, etc.
        He has fought a ton of people. He fought Floyd and GGG. Still people bash his resume. Is it really real or is it hate, picking certain facts, or biased ignoring of non-supporting evidence?
        Lets be honest....You don't REALLY want a line by line breakdown of Canelo's resume if it includes timing, dates, terms, skill level and who he didn't fight, because if you did, it's easy to find. Khan and Kirkland are names but best? Miguel Cotto was big NAME middleweight... as long as he avoided Golovkin. I could easily go on, and on, and on, and on but you can look that up if you wanted to but you don't.

To be fair yes, Canelo is a great fighter..... with a resume built upon phenomenal matchmaking and that's just the truth. Most great fighters don't get the fights they want because they're avoided but not Canelo, he was never avoided he fought the fights he picked and got a pass for avoiding the few real competitors. Canelo hand picked opponents, ducked tough mandatorys and of course there were miscalculations but for the most part Diaz, Oscar and Reynoso did a terrific job.

Comment

Originally posted by Knuckle sandwich View Post
          Canelo has done a lot for boxing, he deserves to be in the position of calling the shots
          At first it was a love affair but now it's just unapologetic rape.

It doesn't take a DeLorean and a flux capacitor time machine to tell that you Canelo beats Muguia.

Save your money for the real match-ups like Tszyu/Ortiz or Uysk/Fury. If you need to, go watch Tyson vs Paul, at least they aren't damaging the sport's credibility by making believe its a championship fight, just two guys in a side show.
          Last edited by factsarenice; 05-03-2024, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post

Lets be honest....You don't REALLY want a line by line breakdown of Canelo's resume if it includes timing, dates, terms, skill level and who he didn't fight, because if you did, it's easy to find. Khan and Kirkland are names but best? Miguel Cotto was big NAME middleweight... as long as he avoided Golovkin. I could easily go on, and on, and on, and on but you can look that up if you wanted to but you don't.

To be fair yes, Canelo is a great fighter..... with a resume built upon phenomenal matchmaking and that's just the truth. Most great fighters don't get the fights they want because they're avoided but not Canelo, he was never avoided he fought the fights he picked and got a pass for avoiding the few real competitors. Canelo hand picked opponents, ducked tough mandatorys and of course there were miscalculations but for the most part Diaz, Oscar and Reynoso did a terrific job.
            I could certainly look it up, but separating fact from opinion from bias opinion from lies would take more time than I care about the topic. That lies in my desire that it simply would magically appear in order and factual

Comment

Working...
            X