Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gervonta Davis vs Floyd Mayweather Jr at 135-140.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Outwest Exp 355 View Post

Chavez is slow and he starts slow. He traditionally gave away the first 2 to 3 rounds.
    That's not enough to say he would lose

Did a pretty good job tracking down fighters in the late rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler69 View Post
      Stank uppercuts froid to the ceiling

Tank likes uppercuts, yes. Floyd will know this going into the bout. You think he wont be looking for it? lmao

Comment

Tank would lose, the only effective weapon against floyd were right hand shots

zab had some success early with his big left, but it was his right that caught floyd off-guard and caused a uncounted knockdown ironically

delahoyas left jab at times was effective, but left hands in general dont really bother floyd, and tanks biggest weapon is his left.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post

That's not enough to say he would lose

Did a pretty good job tracking down fighters in the late rounds
          Have you ever seen Floyd fade late in a fight before?

Comment

Have you ever seen Floyd fade late in a fight before?
            Chavez has late round kos

I don't see the point.

Chavez is an all time great fighter. So is Mayweather. Chavez beating him just based on his track record is not a far flung analogy
            El Escorpion Feroz likes this.

Comment

I’ll take Floyd by KO.

Comment

Fighters without a size advantage who could beat Floyd:

Henry Armstrong

Duran

Pernell Whitaker

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post

Chavez has late round kos

I don't see the point.

Chavez is an all time great fighter. So is Mayweather. Chavez beating him just based on his track record is not a far flung analogy
                  He is an all time great no question but style wise I just don’t see it. Floyd has length and speed to his advantage. I just don’t see it but you’re right Chavez stopping Floyd late wouldn’t be impossible. But myself personally I think Floyd is too smart for that.

Comment

He is an all time great no question but style wise I just don’t see it. Floyd has length and speed to his advantage. I just don’t see it but you’re right Chavez stopping Floyd late wouldn’t be impossible. But myself personally I think Floyd is too smart for that.
                    Ok.....

Comment

Chavez is slow and he starts slow. He traditionally gave away the first 2 to 3 rounds. Pernell and Duran could each give Floyd problems for different reasons. However I don’t think Oscar has the arsenal to beat Floyd. He’s primarily a one handed fighter and Floyd would be able to avoid that left.
                      If you mean De La Hoya, I thought he faired well despite being at the end of his career. This version of Oscar tended to get winded in the middle rounds, lacked the defensive reflexes and punching power that he had at 140-147.

Comment

Working...
                      X