Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jose Ramirez Buckled, But Ultimately Beats Rances Barthelemy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rances’s problem is he can’t fight on the inside and has no clue how to keep a fighter on the outside
    Ramirez figured it out after that 4th round and smothered Rances
    Had he just stayed off the ropes and put a little more work into it , this fight would of been different and more likely different outcome
    charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanbarry View Post
      Rances Through a total of 112 Punches and is getting credited for finally having an interesting fight lol. What a wasted career of a guy who really had legitimate talent
      Threw
      MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by niceyboo3 View Post

Threw
        when did you become the grammar police
        lmao

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          Early in his career, I had some hopes for Barthelemy; he showed skills, heart and pop. Then his style and attitude in the ring changed, and Rances became hard to watch.
          Barthelemy gave an effort early, looked like he was gonna feed Ramirez his big left all night but then he stopped fighting offensively and looked to potshot sometimes for the rest of the night. Meanwhile, Ramirez just kept pressing the action, mostly had Rances against the ropes all fight but couldnt hurt him. There was no way Ramirez could lose because Barthelomy just had no offense. You watch thinking RB please flip the switch, go for it, hed be so dangerous, but he won't. He's old but hes been fighting like he thinks fk it Im not the A-side whats the point in trying.

Comment

Originally posted by Wacked_Out View Post

Barthelemy gave an effort early, looked like he was gonna feed Ramirez his big left all night but then he stopped fighting offensively and looked to potshot sometimes for the rest of the night. Meanwhile, Ramirez just kept pressing the action, mostly had Rances against the ropes all fight but couldnt hurt him. There was no way Ramirez could lose because Barthelomy just had no offense. You watch thinking RB please flip the switch, go for it, hed be so dangerous, but he won't. He's old but hes been fighting like he thinks fk it Im not the A-side whats the point in trying.
            You’re probably right, especially in light of his efforts in more recent years. Bart had better potential than he let on. Some guys just don’t want it bad enough. The sport has changed. Sure there are some warriors, but far less than the old days.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post

You’re probably right, especially in light of his efforts in more recent years. Bart had better potential than he let on. Some guys just don’t want it bad enough. The sport has changed. Sure there are some warriors, but far less than the old days.
              Yeah, he's been giving flashes looks very dangerous early his last couple fights then shuts it down.
              CubanGuyNYC CubanGuyNYC likes this.

Comment

No one talking about 3rd round ending 14 seconds early? Ramirez was in trouble there, they saved him. Boxing so dirty

Comment

Originally posted by fisticuff View Post
                  No one talking about 3rd round ending 14 seconds early? Ramirez was in trouble there, they saved him. Boxing so dirty
                  Yeah, wtf was that about anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita

I agree about Barthelemy. But I was also going to say the same about Ramirez. He was more promising as a younger fighter but it’s as if he stopped growing at some point. He hasnt elevated his game at all.

Ramirez has enough to hang but not good enough to beat any of the top guys of the division.
                    Ramirez peaked early. He took too many punches and is shot at a young age like Omar Figueroa Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita

I agree about Barthelemy. But I was also going to say the same about Ramirez. He was more promising as a younger fighter but it’s as if he stopped growing at some point. He hasnt elevated his game at all.

Ramirez has enough to hang but not good enough to beat any of the top guys of the division.
                      I don’t know how common this phenomena was years ago, but it seems to me that the fighters of the past couple of decades tend to fall off from early promise more than the old-timers. Few people make it to the top; not everyone can be champion; but it seems fewer guys these days strive to get there. Maybe the money is better for the lower-level guys nowadays? I dunno. Hunger is much more important in combat sports than anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                      X