Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oscar Duarte Wins, Becomes First Fighter to Stop Joseph Diaz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Oscar Duarte Wins, Becomes First Fighter to Stop Joseph Diaz

[Click Here To Read More]

Was there drug testing for the Duarte fight?
    charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Are you implying that Duarte is taking something?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        I'm gonna guess no. When I see that guy, I expect he's juiced, just like a whole lot of others.

But, believe it or not, I knew a kid in high school who looked like that too. But he def wasn't on anything, and he wasn't even an athlete. So there are genetic freaks.

Back to the fight. It was a good stoppage, and for Diaz' own good. Props to Diaz. In the 3rd round I thought maybe he was figuring out Duarte. But his face also looked like a pumpkin by then. He has a great chin and didnt quit, but he wasnt able to withstand the power.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Are you implying that Duarte is taking something?
          No, just curious.

Comment

I thought JoJo looked good in there, better than he has in some other fights. Problem is that he's shopworn and older and his opponent was the much bigger, fresher fighter who was throwing lots of heavy shots.

Esparza has always annoyed me, never liked her attitude and felt she got some benefit of the doubt in previous decisions. I'm glad La Chuckie got the decision, she earned it. Mora and Mannix were frustrating to listen to because they would ignore clean punches landed by Alaniz.
            charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

Was it me seeing things or did Duarte looked significantly bigger than JoJo. I mean significantly. Like minimum of 15lbs on him. Wouldn’t surprise if it was more. The whole fight night weight thing needs an overhaul. It’s gotten beyond ridiculous.

Comment

JoJo should take the year off and focus on diet and cardio. Keep his mind busy and go run a few 1/2 marathons.

I went to the BKFC event last night in L.A. old Alfredo Angulo got the crowd electrified. With the rise of other fight promotions, there are other outlets for fighters like Diaz Basing off the talent I seen last night, JoJo would definitely be 1 of their best. The lack of gloves would likely have him KO'ing former UFC guys with ease.
                pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                X