Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford: 'I Want to Leave a Legacy That's Never Been Left Before'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by messi807 View Post

A 40 year old HOF LOL. Crazy. Spence will pretty much be HOF one day too btw. I’ll take a win over a top 5 P4P over a washed up Nonito Donaire.
    Donaire was 36 when he fought Inoue. Thats the same age as Crawford. The sane age as GGG when he fought Canelo. Dont exaggerate the truth to fit your BS.

SPENCE WILL NEVER BE HOF. NEVER.
    nor was he a top 5 P4P guy. Ppl realized he was washed up damaged goods.
    Inoue has dominated everyone he’s fought. Everyone. Crawford has NOT.
    Last edited by JOITATS; 04-26-2024, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post

What makes you think that's never been done?
      Its a fact it hasnt been done.

Who has won 4 belts in 3 different divisons?
      Don2021 Don2021 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

Especially considering he has never fought a great fighter, its gathering belts as opposed to beating great fighters, I don't care much for the belts to me its about who has them.
        I added my name to the long list of likes on that comment.

The time has passed for him to have some amazing long-remembered career. Basically he's been mostly wasting away on the shelf for years, just like a lot of other fighters, like young Ennis or Morrell (but they for less time).

Beterbiev fights once in a long while. Matias fights once in a long while. It's a long list actually.

He's not been Rosado, Thurman or Charlo inactive, but close.

Comment

Originally posted by JOITATS View Post

Donaire was 36 when he fought Inoue. Thats the same age as Crawford. The sane age as GGG when he fought Canelo. Dont exaggerate the truth to fit your BS.

SPENCE WILL NEVER BE HOF. NEVER.
          nor was he a top 5 P4P guy. Ppl realized he was washed up damaged goods.

Inoue has dominated everyone he’s fought. Everyone. Crawford has NOT.
          Speaking of which it kinda interested me, who is the most recent modern day boxer with similar credentials that has gone into the HoF?
          • Held world titles in only one weight class (that wasn't a heavyweight)
          • Didn't go undisputed in that only weight class he has fought in
          • Made only 6 successful title defenses before losing it all (currently 7-1 in title fights)
          • Was never the lineal champion
          Given that Spence is 34 years old and with 4 belts available and PBC being PBC, I guess he's still got a realistic chance of getting a belt in 154 to raise his chance before he retires, but true as of right now his accomplishments aren't screaming anything HoF worthy.

Edit: To answer my own question, I guess maybe Carl Froch? Only won in super middleweight, was unified at best, and was 10-2 in title fights and was never lineal. That being said currently he's still got a bit better resume than Spence.
          Last edited by Elheath; 04-28-2024, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

Especially considering he has never fought a great fighter, its gathering belts as opposed to beating great fighters, I don't care much for the belts to me its about who has them.
            Comedy

Comment

Originally posted by Hustle View Post

Its a fact it hasnt been done.

Who has won 4 belts in 3 different divisons?
              Nobody in the 4 belt era.

Comment

What legacy? Your resume is one of the worst in the sport. Your best wins were against guys like Gamboa, Khan & fighters you forced to move up in weight who you dwarfed in size and height. You're fighting an unknown Russian bum at 154 for a fake title. You beat Spence who had a car accident, multiple surgeries, and looked like the corpse of a buried Pharoah discovered 500 years later. You're as entertaining as a bag of rocks. If I was stuck in the middle of the ocean with you and a can of beans, I would eat Crawford and speak to the can of beans...

An awful fighter, an awful entertainer and a champion who I cant wait to see retire and be forgotten. His PPV buys never surpassed 100k and his star has never shown, because he never was a star in the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by ptek View Post

Nobody in the 4 belt era.
                  That's my point

Comment

Originally posted by Hmabshir View Post
                    What legacy? Your resume is one of the worst in the sport. Your best wins were against guys like Gamboa, Khan & fighters you forced to move up in weight who you dwarfed in size and height. You're fighting an unknown Russian bum at 154 for a fake title. You beat Spence who had a car accident, multiple surgeries, and looked like the corpse of a buried Pharoah discovered 500 years later. You're as entertaining as a bag of rocks. If I was stuck in the middle of the ocean with you and a can of beans, I would eat Crawford and speak to the can of beans...

An awful fighter, an awful entertainer and a champion who I cant wait to see retire and be forgotten. His PPV buys never surpassed 100k and his star has never shown, because he never was a star in the beginning.
                    You don't force a fighter to go up in weight moron, the fighter Chooses to and him and his team have decided to, End of story.

You was probably talking about spence was goner ko Crawford and all that crazy chat. Lol

And now your still bum hurt, crying like a little girly. Lol

11 straight stoppages dating back to 2016......................are you not entertained. Lol

Nobody gets the crap your chatting, I shouldn't even be replying to your utter garbage to be fair.

So who cares about ppvs when the Saudi's are bankrolling the whole show regardless ?, the saudis dont give to s.h.i.t.s about ppv's , thats old news and an old narrative ,
                    and Your so lame your pushing that old narrative fool.

Not to mention Crawford and Spence doing 700k ppv's, last time I checked.

He's going for 3 x undisputed, 4 division champion.
                    Legacy and boxing history.

You should try learning that s.h.it. fool.
                    Last edited by ptek; 05-05-2024, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hustle View Post

Nobody asked you what you care about.

The question he asked was what could he do that's never been done. And the answer is undisputed in 3 divisions.
                      That could be interpreted as winning 3 raffle tickets, which is why it holds more weight with fans over what it means in boxing terms, the belts don't make the fighter, the fighter gives the belts value, Bud looks to be great he looks awesome but he hasn't beat anyone near great, I kinda lol when guys mention Postal was his best win before Spence, TC hasn't fought anyone near great so it don't matter how many belts are collected that doesn't wash with hardcore boxing people, legacy is about the fighters beat not winning a trophy.

Comment

Working...
                      X