Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford: 'I Want to Leave a Legacy That's Never Been Left Before'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    Be underdog and best who you’re not supposed to. That's great. The best at 160, and 168 would be favoured to best you so you might need to go there
    Terence Crawford has been underdog before. He’ll never be underdog again tho. Even in a 50/50.
    It was the same with Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

Especially considering he has never fought a great fighter, its gathering belts as opposed to beating great fighters, I don't care much for the belts to me its about who has them.
      There always has to be one stupid comment on every f***ing post smh
      ptek ptek ajamudc ajamudc like this.

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post

3 time undisputed in 3 different weight classes in the 4 belt era
        In the easiest ever era to get belts. Awesome!

Comment

I'm saying his timeline is similar to Betebiev based on similar backgrounds, stopping power and wrestling back (which allows them to leverage bodyweight against bigger guys). If they get him undisputed by May 2025 (depends on Fundora not being conned by Haymon, take the Saudi money and fight Crawford for 3 belts in Dec 2024) and he can't get Canelo, from what I'm reading into what Bomac is saying I think they will call his WBO shot on Jenibek and go for at least unified in 160. Guy has come from 135. Most of those dude can't make it to the next weight class.
          Last edited by hhh1200; 04-25-2024, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle01 View Post

In the easiest ever era to get belts. Awesome!
            If it’s so easy how come more fighters aren’t undisputed?

If Crawford does it again at 154 that will add to his legacy. And he is getting paid well by Turki so it’s a win-win for him.
            ptek ptek likes this.

Comment

Then fight Boots, show the promoters some respect and help sells your fights. While you’re at it, take a couple of spoonfuls of personality, it might help your Saudi paymasters wanting to bring you back. Although you can fight, you’ve never reached the status of. SRL or Hamed because you are a promoters nightmare when it comes to promoting your fights. Then again, you may just fit in fighting in boring ass Saudi, where there is absolutely no atmosphere, which is tailor made for your boring ass.
              Oracle01 Oracle01 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post
                I'm saying his timeline is similar to Betebiev based on similar backgrounds, stopping power and wrestling back (which allows them to leverage bodyweight against bigger guys). If they get him undisputed by May 2025 (depends on Fundora not being conned by Haymon, take the Saudi money and fight Crawford for 3 belts in Dec 2024) and he can't get Canelo, from what I'm reading into what Bomac is saying I think they will call his WBO shot on Jenibek and go for at least unified in 160. Guy has come from 135. Most of those dude can't make it to the next weight class.
                In the time it'll take TC to become Undisputed at 154, there could be Undisputed at 160 too.

Comment

Originally posted by Terence Crawford View Post
                  I want to leave a legacy that's never been left before.
                  Sure, sure champ. A legacy of fighting once a year. Less fights, less risks. More fights, more risks. That's why fighters need not be ashamed of being inactive. I'm very sure Keith 'Once Upon A Time' Thurman would still get his HOF plaque eventually someday. You'll see.

Comment

Is that why he barely fights once a year? He will quickly forgotten outside the hardcore boxing fans when he’s done.

Comment

Originally posted by Hustle View Post

Undisputed in 3 weight classes. Never been done
                      Sure it has been done.

Comment

Working...
                      X