Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ryan Garcia will never win a world championship.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smash View Post
    143 - 144 pounds

ryan rules this division
    yeah he’s the only fighter in it
    Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

Haney regularly drops and rehydrates 20+ lbs, and has for years. Probably his entire career. It's not doing anything to him that he isn't familiar with and hasn't chosen to get the benefit of being a weight bully. Ryan is the first guy he's ever fought who was actually his size. He walks around at super middle, and has similar dimensions to Canelo. He was nearly 10 lbs more than Prograis on fight night. I've got zero sympathy for him for getting a taste of his own medicine. The penalty for Ryan was paying 1.5 mill and not being eligible to win a world title. It's not illegal to miss weight, it just makes you ineligible to win the title.

I think weight cutting is sanctioned cheating, and people should be required to fight at their walking weights.
      Again, You have zero idea on how rehydration and dehydration works. Dehydration doesnt work like that. Losing water weight takes a toll on your chin and body. This is why i am against weigh ins being the day before. It ruins the whole point of weight classes.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Bold prediction to say a 25yr old top ten-ish guy (hes prob top 3 at 143.2lbs lol) won't win one of 4 belts in his career. 147 is pretty wide open now, but it'll be a lot more wide open after Boots goes to 154. I could 100% see him touch a belt at 147 in the next few yrs. I don't foresee him being #1 tho.
        Sure, he will be a paper champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          Sanctioning bodies can easily navigate him to a belt if he cares but he doesn't really need one.

A common theme here I noticed is once guys are fighting in their own divisions they made up, they have leverage to tell the sanctioning bodies to take a hike.
          Don't test WBC Guy. That mfer will have KingRyweight 143lb rankings next month.
          Spray_resistant Spray_resistant likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by thebrownbomber_ View Post

Sure, he will be a paper champion.
            Almost every belt holder is a paper champ then. Only one guy is #1. Thats the real champ at whatever weight.

Wtf is the difference between a top 4 belt guy & a "paper champ" guy from your pov?

Comment

Almost every belt holder is a paper champ then. Only one guy is #1. Thats the real champ at whatever weight.

Wtf is the difference between a top 4 belt guy & a "paper champ" guy from your pov?
              Um, someone who dethroned a champion or won a paper belt but made consistent elite level defenses

Comment

Again, You have zero idea on how rehydration and dehydration works. Dehydration doesnt work like that. Losing water weight takes a toll on your chin and body. This is why i am against weigh ins being the day before. It ruins the whole point of weight classes.
                I'm well aware of how it works. I've cut weight for fights myself before...

I don't like weight cutting in general. Ruins the whole point of weight classes, as you said, especially when weigh in times aren't consistent.

But you completely missed the entire point. You are stuck in your own narrative, and there's no point in continuing because it's impossible to have a discussion with someone who's just talking in circles.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

I'm well aware of how it works. I've cut weight for fights myself before...

I don't like weight cutting in general. Ruins the whole point of weight classes, as you said, especially when weigh in times aren't consistent.

But you completely missed the entire point. You are stuck in your own narrative, and there's no point in continuing because it's impossible to have a discussion with someone who's just talking in circles.
                  The problem is not Ryan or Haney rehydrating. It’s Ryan not losing those three pounds which do have an objective effect on punch resistant and performance. This is precisely why modern boxers are poorly skilled and conditioned in comparison to prime 70s-90s boxers.

Comment

Um, someone who dethroned a champion or won a paper belt but made consistent elite level defenses
                    So you can win a paper belt & turn it into a real belt by who you fight? Also what if you dethroned a paper champ who had made a few quality defenses before you beat him? Is that still a paper belt or is it legit even if you hasn't considered it legit previous to the L?

Randomly this is why I care about #1 over sh^t like this & belt sh^t in general lmfao. Thats why I usually call ppl belt holders or the #1 guy or make some sort of difference in who is just holding a belt & the guy whos holding a belt that is THAT guy.

Comment

So you can win a paper belt & turn it into a real belt by who you fight? Also what if you dethroned a paper champ who had made a few quality defenses before you beat him? Is that still a paper belt or is it legit even if you hasn't considered it legit previous to the L?

Randomly this is why I care about #1 over sh^t like this & belt sh^t in general lmfao. Thats why I usually call ppl belt holders or the #1 guy or make some sort of difference in who is just holding a belt & the guy whos holding a belt that is THAT guy.
                      Yes. The above two are deifnetly considered champions, if they DEFEND AGAINST QUALITY OPPOSITION. For example, Haney winning the belt via e-mail and defending it against guys like old Loma, Old Linares, and Jojo make him a champion from a paper champion, while his resume isn’t very good.

Ryan Garcia might win a vacant belt, but he will never defend it against the best. He will never defeat the top dawgs in his division. He will never clean out a division. And lastly, he will never be pound for pound.

135? 140? He didn’t win a single title in any weight division.

Comment

Working...
                      X