Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ryan Garcia will never win a world championship.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

You're stupid if you think Haney entered the ring as a junior lightweight (that's 130lb btw). Haney entered the ring for his last fight at 165. Ryan entered the ring for his last fight at 160. It's entirely possible Haney still outweighed Ryan, despite Garcia missing weight.

He could probably win a vacant title and defend it against the usual trash mandatories. Not sure if he'll care to though.
    This has nothing to do with what losing actual water weight and rehydrating does to you, though. I meant jr welterweight not jr lightwright.

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post

ryan doesnt even want belts, he says they wont feed his family, he is one of the 'lucky ones' in the sport who dont need a belt it seems
      Good. His family is full of a bunch of crack ridden bums and if i exposed them further i’ll get banned so i’ll leave it at that.

Comment

ryan fought poorly when he was drained, he fought well when he didnt have to make weight, u know whats next for him

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post
          Depends what you mean by a world championship. He will probably never be recognised by the TBRB as champion of a division. He can probably win at least one of the ten belts available in each weight class though:
          1. WBC.
          2. WBC 'interim'.
          3. WBC 'franchise'.
          4. WBA 'super'.
          5. WBA 'regular'.
          6. WBA 'interim'.
          7. IBF.
          8. IBF 'interim'.
          9. WBOgus.
          10. WBOgus 'interim'.
          Hell always be a paper champion. A true c level fighter who cheated to the get the top.

Comment

143 - 144 pounds

ryan rules this division

Comment

If Garcia is truly the money man from 140-147, he can easily win a WW title once Crawford vacates all the belts in a mismatch designed to get him a belt.

Barrios or Santillian come to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by thebrownbomber_ View Post

This has nothing to do with what losing actual water weight and rehydrating does to you, though. I meant jr welterweight not jr lightwright.
                Haney regularly drops and rehydrates 20+ lbs, and has for years. Probably his entire career. It's not doing anything to him that he isn't familiar with and hasn't chosen to get the benefit of being a weight bully. Ryan is the first guy he's ever fought who was actually his size. He walks around at super middle, and has similar dimensions to Canelo. He was nearly 10 lbs more than Prograis on fight night. I've got zero sympathy for him for getting a taste of his own medicine. The penalty for Ryan was paying 1.5 mill and not being eligible to win a world title. It's not illegal to miss weight, it just makes you ineligible to win the title.

I think weight cutting is sanctioned cheating, and people should be required to fight at their walking weights.

Comment

Bold prediction to say a 25yr old top ten-ish guy (hes prob top 3 at 143.2lbs lol) won't win one of 4 belts in his career. 147 is pretty wide open now, but it'll be a lot more wide open after Boots goes to 154. I could 100% see him touch a belt at 147 in the next few yrs. I don't foresee him being #1 tho.

Comment

Idk how much that even matters other than for financial purposes and attracting big names. If you bring in money I don’t see why a fighter would care about them. Ryan Garcia’s starpower transcends the WBC, WBO, WBA, and IBF. The Ring is the title he should want and that’s it.

All these alphabet titles diminished their own value in terms of legacy. Every weight class has like 10 boxers who can call themselves a “champion” of some sort.

The champion at 140 is Teofimo Lopez and that’s it, that’s the one that counts imo.

Comment

Sanctioning bodies can easily navigate him to a belt if he cares but he doesn't really need one.

A common theme here I noticed is once guys are fighting in their own divisions they made up, they have leverage to tell the sanctioning bodies to take a hike.

Comment

Working...
                      X