Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford Will Be Toughest Test Yet of Israil Madrimov's Mettle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Madrimov guy is ******? But his first name is Israil?

In Saudi Arabia the name or word "Israel" is deleted and censored in every printed material imaginable. Don't know if it's still the same nowadays.

Comment

I had to look up Madrimov. I honestly had never heard his name prior to it being rumored he was next for Crawford. (In my defense, it is freaking hard to keep up with every name in every division.) He seems legit. It has the makings of an interesting fight. But it will not sell well if it is a PPV, which I am sure it will be. Crawford is a star, but he cannot seem to sell these things by himself.

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post
        I had to look up Madrimov. I honestly had never heard his name prior to it being rumored he was next for Crawford. (In my defense, it is freaking hard to keep up with every name in every division.) He seems legit. It has the makings of an interesting fight. But it will not sell well if it is a PPV, which I am sure it will be. Crawford is a star, but he cannot seem to sell these things by himself.
        It's kinda crazy that he doesn't sell. He puts in the time and is a consummate professional, and it's not like he's got a boring style. He's fun to watch. TBH I think it says a lot about boxing in the US these days that he's not a bigger star. Could say the same about Ennis, although he's the next generation and has time to build his career.

The biggest US star is apparently either a guy who only really won a title off a legit world champion 1 time in 2017, got a vacant title against unranked Jesus Cuellar in 2019, and hasn't won a legit title since, or a crazy social media guy who's never won a title, or an idiot YouTuber who has made his career out of fighting retired MMA guys and old men. Says a lot about the state of boxing in the USA these days. And Porter wants Inoue to come here when we don't even appreciate our P4P generational talents in one of the main glamour divisions.
        landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post
          What is up with the casuals around here. He's literally the next best 154lb champion with Tszyu and Fundora out on medical, and a switch hitter with good power and skills. He let his career stagnate a bit during the pandemic, but c'mon now. And unlike certain other hyped up email champs, he's got a belt that Bud hasn't already won.
          They really need to watch Madirmov's last fight and the fights with Soro, I wouldn't favor Fundora or Tszyu over Soro.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post

They really need to watch Madirmov's last fight and the fights with Soro, I wouldn't favor Fundora or Tszyu over Soro.
            I've thought he was likely to become a world champion for years now (albeit at least in part because I don't think 154 is really stacked). Think he's been on DAZN for 4 years now. A lot of these people saying they have never heard of him don't actually seem to know what they're looking at when it comes to technical skills. Soro is good, although there's some asterisks to that win because the ref missed the bell and let him continue for quite a while past the bell, and then the rematch had that cut and ended in a TD.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrider View Post
              This Madrimov guy is ******? But his first name is Israil?

In Saudi Arabia the name or word "Israel" is deleted and censored in every printed material imaginable. Don't know if it's still the same nowadays.
              off boxing topic but,

Yes "Israel" the country is not recognised by Saudi.

Your question about Israil the name, it is also a ****** name, as it was the ****** name given to who christians/***s know as Jacob and ******s know as Yaqub (a prophet for all 3 religions)

his later name given to him was Israil

Comment

Good news Crawford is the best

Comment

I've thought he was likely to become a world champion for years now (albeit at least in part because I don't think 154 is really stacked). Think he's been on DAZN for 4 years now. A lot of these people saying they have never heard of him don't actually seem to know what they're looking at when it comes to technical skills. Soro is good, although there's some asterisks to that win because the ref missed the bell and let him continue for quite a while past the bell, and then the rematch had that cut and ended in a TD.
                  True but did you get the impression that Madirmov was the better fighter? I am a fan of Soro, I like my quality hard luck fighters who are under the radar is why.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post

True but did you get the impression that Madirmov was the better fighter? I am a fan of Soro, I like my quality hard luck fighters who are under the radar is why.
                    Yeah, Madrimov is definitely better. Part of why I didn't really have an issue with that decision, because I didn't think Soro had any chance to win anyways. Primary issue was that the ref let him take extra unnecessary damage.

Comment

Yeah, Madrimov is definitely better. Part of why I didn't really have an issue with that decision, because I didn't think Soro had any chance to win anyways. Primary issue was that the ref let him take extra unnecessary damage.
                      Yeah, it was bad officiating which led to the rematch which ended being stopped early on a cut. Those two in the ring together are cursed

Comment

Working...
                      X