NSB PICK EM 2024: ROUND 1. PICK EM #34 - #35. SATURDAY 27th APRIL

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
    Citizen Koba, PICK EM CREW :

I do not have the correct pick percentage data, which (according to the rules in the masterthread) should be considered first when two players have the same points. I still cannot determine who, between myself and Damn Wicked, is the second and who's third... In absence of the correct pick percentage, I considered the perfect pick data as valid. But I remain waiting for instructions/corrections.
    Many thanks for all the hard work Tat, as ever this thing wouldn't still be afloat without you.

What I've done is post links to all this years Pick Em threads to date on the Masterthread just so it's easier for anyone to go back and check their results and so on. It shouldn't take me too long to go through and pull out all Your and DWs results to estrablish the correct % for each of you. I should really have thought in advance (or just kept up with the full data as we went) about this possibility but this is the only way to do it now.

Comment

And of course massive congrats to YoungManRumble - brother, I hope you're starting to believe in yourself again, I know you didn't have the best year last year, but we all have slumps and on form you've proven yourself repeatedly to be one of the best of the forum.

Well done brother.
      MikeyG MikeyG Tatabanya Tatabanya like this.

Comment

Okay gentleman .. Tatabanya Damn Wicked

So.. I've been back through all the threads for this first Round Jan - April and you both picked on every single one of the 35 fights we picked on this season.

Tat you picked 27/35 or 77.1% correctly
        DW you picked 29/35 or 82.9% correctly

So for the second and third place tie break the winner is Damn Wicked

Congratulations man..

and commiserations to Tat... your turn will will come brother. Third place ain't too shabby anyway...
        Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PICK EM CREW View Post

Many thanks for all the hard work Tat, as ever this thing wouldn't still be afloat without you.

What I've done is post links to all this years Pick Em threads to date on the Masterthread just so it's easier for anyone to go back and check their results and so on. It shouldn't take me too long to go through and pull out all Your and DWs results to estrablish the correct % for each of you. I should really have thought in advance (or just kept up with the full data as we went) about this possibility but this is the only way to do it now.
          You kindly accepted me here years ago, after the very YMR had pointed me towards The League... Therefore this is the very least I can do to keep this beautiful thing going...

Comment

Originally posted by PICK EM CREW View Post
            Okay gentleman .. Tatabanya Damn Wicked

So.. I've been back through all the threads for this first Round Jan - April and you both picked on every single one of the 35 fights we picked on this season.

Tat you picked 27/35 or 77.1% correctly
            DW you picked 29/35 or 82.9% correctly

So for the third place tie break the winner is Damn Wicked

Congratulations man..

and commiserations to Tat... your turn will will come brother. Third place ain't too shabby anyway...
            It's only fair, and that's why I waited until the official confirmation. I did have a sense that our good friend Damn Wicked had been more accurate. Me, I'm equally glad with this unexpected 3rd place!

I'm changing the final standings (page 6) right now... waiting for the next weekend's thread to start Part Two
            Last edited by Tatabanya; 04-30-2024, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post

It's only fair, and that's why I waited until the official confirmation. I did have a sense that our good friend Damn Wicked had been more accurate. Me, I'm equally glad with this unexpected 3rd place!

I'm changing the final standings (page 6) right now... waiting for the next weekend's thread to start Part Two
              I feel a bit guilty for grabbing second spot because you've done such good work here in the Pick'Em and you're always friendly ,funny and upbeat. But my competitive nature is high fiving me right now because I really wanted to win.
              If by some strange twist of fate YoungManRumble passes away very soon, would I be rewarded the First place winner???
              I have a friend that wants to know. He prepared to do some Dirty Deeds, Done Dirt Cheap.
              Tatabanya Tatabanya likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post

I feel a bit guilty for grabbing second spot because you've done such good work here in the Pick'Em and you're always friendly ,funny and upbeat. But my competitive nature is high fiving me right now because I really wanted to win.
                If by some strange twist of fate YoungManRumble passes away very soon, would I be rewarded the First place winner???
                I have a friend that wants to know. He prepared to do some Dirty Deeds, Done Dirt Cheap.
                No guilt, man - it's maths. 82.9% is superior to 77.1%, therefore... well done!
                Last edited by Tatabanya; 05-01-2024, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X