Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the best resume out of the Four "Princes" right now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haney and teo

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post

That's not how it works.

Lomachenko vs Lopez was for the lineal championship. Lopez won, then Kambosos beat him, then Haney beat him, then he moved up in weight ending that lineage. A 143 pounder beating him at 140 has nothing to do with his former lineal lightweight champion status.
      Which is why lineal is arbitrary and barely better than any other metric. Especially when we're talking about Haney who entered the ring vs Kambosos at least as a welterweight at minimum. He regularly rehydrates 25 lbs. Here you are quibbling about 3 lbs at weigh in when Ryan was the first opponent who was actually the same size as Haney. At the end of the day, they were the same size and Ryan won.

Comment

Originally posted by 99problemz View Post

Teo did it twice tho. That Taylor win sets him apart
        taylor got smacked around by catterall and dropped all his belts to avoid a rematch, catterall should by right have been the lineal champ, twat taylor just sold the title to teo in new york for cash
        Apollo7 Apollo7 likes this.

Comment

Teo did it twice tho. That Taylor win sets him apart
          But did Taylor really beat Caterall?

Edit - Smash beat me to it.
          Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

I don't care about resumes, Lopez is the best of the four. After the kambosa fight I thought his medical excuse was just an excuse but watching the fights where he's healthy you can see his skills sets him apart from the rest.

Tank is also a good fighter with a shiety resume. He'd beat Haney worse than ryan did.

Haney, like i been saying, I don't know how he made it so far. No power, no speed, no reflex, no chin, instinct or IQ. How the hell....
            99problemz 99problemz likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post

That's not how it works.

Lomachenko vs Lopez was for the lineal championship. Lopez won, then Kambosos beat him, then Haney beat him, then he moved up in weight ending that lineage. A 143 pounder beating him at 140 has nothing to do with his former lineal lightweight champion status.
              Still beat the man who beat the man though, so shouldn't that boost his resume?

Comment

Originally posted by Apollo7 View Post

Still beat the man who beat the man though, so shouldn't that boost his resume?
                It's his best win for sure and it doesn't hurt. But context matters. Mike Tyson lost 6 times but only Buster Douglas took the lineal championship off him.
                El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Airtioteclint View Post

Haney, like i been saying, I don't know how he made it so far. No power, no speed, no reflex, no chin, instinct or IQ. How the hell....
                  Devin disagrees with u, this is what he said

"I think I was just born to be in this position. I thank God for it," Haney said. "I'm blessed with super talent, IQ in the ring. I trust my skills when I'm in the ring. Nothing really worries because I know the work I put in and the skillset that I have."

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post

Devin disagrees with u, this is what he said

"I think I was just born to be in this position. I thank God for it," Haney said. "I'm blessed with super talent, IQ in the ring. I trust my skills when I'm in the ring. Nothing really worries because I know the work I put in and the skillset that I have."
                    I used to say things like that too. Coincidentally... it was always during the ride home from the bar.
                    Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

After Saturday which one of the young guns of this era had the most sensational wins even with the lossess.

- Tank Davis (beat Ryan, Barrios, Pitbull, Leo Santa Cruz, etc.)
                      - Teofimo Lopez (beat Loma, Taylor, Commey, Nakatani, etc.)
                      - Ryan Garcia (beat Haney, Luke Campbell, Fortuna, etc.)
                      - Devin Haney (beat Prograis, Loma (allegedly), Jojo Diaz, Linares, etc.)

Bonus: Shakur (beat Valdez, Conceicao, Herring, Nakathila, etc.)
                      From your list of graduates ; Teo hands down
                      But it is up for debate from fans of promotions , of course imo
                      99problemz 99problemz likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X