Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Did Bigger Make Better? Ryan Garcia Overpowers Devin Haney in Shocker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
    Great win for Garcia. Now that puts him as the face of boxing
    they guy hasnt even won a title and hes the face of boxing lol

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
      What was Haney supposed to do, throw the event to the bin?
      Yes. Hes perfectly fine & able to do that. Its a GBP problem at that point. But cuz he got an extra 1.5M he was cool to fight. If he hadn't been cool with 1.5M I assume GBP pays him enough to make it cool or the fight gets canceled.

Ppl act like this is crazy, but if you make weight & your opp doesn't you can always walk. Its just about when you walk. Most any boxer would walk if their opp was 155lbs for a 140lb fight. There is lil difference if a guy is 140 1/4lbs for a 140lb fight. The agreement is for an opp & a weight. Doesn't matter in principle if a guy is 1/4 lb off or 15lbs off.

If the opp or weight changes the money changes or the boxer walks are the choices you got. Devin gets pts for agreeing to fight at a weight disadvantage, but he loses more pts for losing the fight. If he didn't take that into account in his decision to not cancel the fight thats his own sh^t. Not unlike when Ryan agreed to fight at 136 & with a rehydration clause vs Tank.

Comment

• devin got played by ryan & ryan agreed to the 1.5 mil simply because he knew that was his plan all along

dont feel sorry for devin tho, he has no issues being the big big dog in the ring himself, he just got a taste of his own medicine, even if ryan did it in an illegal boxing way or at least unfair against the rules but he got a pass on that with all his crazy talk people felt sorry for him and isnt he great for even attempting to fight, he knew all along he was training well and just didnt bother to make the weight because it didnt suit him to

Comment

• the take from this is that if your opponent doesnt make weight u dont have to go ahead with the fight

cryin said it himself in the run up, belts dont feed his family

Comment

• Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
            So much for Bill Haney saying that they were sending a man to be killed and that they wanted Garcia near death after the fight. "If he dies, he dies", Haney's camp quote.

Anytime Garcia cranked it up he had Haney on the floor. Rematch will be worse for Haney and should not get one because how disrespectful they were and they would not greet Garcia at the end of the fight.
            Yeah, Garcia was playing with his food at times. If he wanted to, he could have gotten Haney out many times. Haney was damaged in more ways than one and I see a stoppage of Haney in the rematch. Garcia needs to work on not breaking off his attack and coasting when he has an opponent hurt and also stop the habit of turning sideways. Haney and his dad needed to be humbled and hopefully they were. But they were a hot mess of arrogance before a couple fights.
            Last edited by richardt; 04-21-2024, 12:21 PM.
            STREET CLEANER STREET CLEANER likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
              My 2 biggest takeaways from this fight.

put some respect on Ryan’s name! Say what you want, but kid has skills.

tank win over Ryan now seems more impressive. Tank literally took away all of Ryan strengths and made him look like a basic fighter.
              What he did was put on a lot of clauses, like always.

Comment

• Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post

tank win over Ryan now seems more impressive. Tank literally took away all of Ryan strengths and made him look like a basic fighter.
                thats the real face of boxing stuff right there

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post

Yeah, Garcia was playing with his food at times. If he wanted to, he could have gotten Haney out many times. Haney was damaged in more ways than one and I see a stoppage of Haney in the rematch. Garcia needs to work on not breaking off his attack and coasting when he has an opponent hurt and also stop the habit of turning sideways. Haney and his dad needed to be humbled and hopefully they were. But they were a hot mess of arrogance before a couple fights.
                  I think Ryan has always had focus/bipolar or whatever issues. I don't foresee that changing. Hell you could argue embracing his adhd just lead him to the best performance of his career. He needs to talk about aliens & pedo sh^t during every camp & fight like he might give away the fight one rd or KO his opp the next.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheWinners View Post

You're a f$$$$** idiot that's why. Go watch UFC or WWE
                    I'll go one further. Go let Ryan bust a nut in both your mouth and asshole! Dumbass!

Comment

• Originally posted by DClefthook View Post

I bet if you ask Ryan the best of the outcome of this fight is shutting LA RAZA's mouth. I told you all on this website several times that is an American kid!
                      He is American but his ethnicity is Mexican

Comment

Working...
                      X