No announcement yet.

Haney needs to retire - fake champion with no chin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

A reasonable guy after a fight. I thought I was the only one.

Look 2 guys walk in the ring. One guy wins, one guy loses. Thats just how it works. You could be #2 in the world losing to #1 or #2154 losing to #542 in the world. These two were both high level guys & one guy was gonna lose. It don't make Devin, #2 by most ppl at 140 on Friday, #2154 cuz he lost to a top 15 guy, on Friday, in Ryan.

Also it’s i I would’ve seen gonna become more relevant that Devin made weight & Ryan didn't. Maybe the same thing goes down if Ryan made 140, but reasonable ppl & esp Team Haney can question that with how things went down. I think this rematch will be much more hyped than this first fight & hopefully both come in on weight this time.
    I wish I saw the fight so I could give you an honest assessment. I fell asleep and woke up just as the final bell rung.

Comment

First clue that Haney was all hype was the Lomachenko fight.

Loma was mid 30s, and realistically 2 weight divisions smaller and the fight could have gone either way. Loma belonged at 130 and Haney belonged at 140. Plus with his advantages of youth and he still couldnt convincingly beat Loma, he should never have been made undisputed champion there.

He will get his chit pushed in if he ever goes to 147. No power and no chin
      MaksBox MaksBox Hype job Hype job like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Outwest Exp 355 View Post

I wish I saw the fight so I could give you an honest assessment. I fell asleep and woke up just as the final bell rung.

Haney likes to lean in face first to grab and clinch though, I can see him getting caught, tank with his t rex arms can throw with power with short inside shots.
        Hype job Hype job Afi23 Afi23 like this.

Comment

Haney is Adrien Broner without the personality.
          MaksBox MaksBox likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post

Haney likes to lean in face first to grab and clinch though, I can see him getting caught, tank with his t rex arms can throw with power with short inside shots.
            Good analysis. Haney leaned face first the entire fight vs garcia.

A boxer with a good, short uppercut will have a feast vs haney

Comment

A past prime small guy loma embarrassed him as well.

Comment

I would avoid matias like the plague if i was hugger haney, the hugging tonight was embarrassing but he showed some toughness to keep getting up, should have been a tko loss though with a better ref.

Comment

The problem isn't Devins chin. He kept getting up.

It's his lack of power.

He just couldn't hurt Ryan, and Garcia could open up whenever he wanted to without fear of whats coming back.
                  billeau2 billeau2 Hype job Hype job like this.

Comment

Haney is fine and will recover. When not getting knocked down he was winning.
                    Light_Speed Light_Speed likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by M312 View Post
                      The problem isn't Devins chin. He kept getting up.

It's his lack of power.

He just couldn't hurt Ryan, and Garcia could open up whenever he wanted to without fear of whats coming back.
                      what? His problem is exactly his chin.

if he could take punches, then that would be a landslide decision for haney

Comment

Working...
                      X