Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Many to Blame for Ryan Garcia Coming in Overweight - Mainly the Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the NY State athletic commission doing through this?

Just to recap:
    • Haney's dad (who is his trainer) said he is sending his son to kill Garcia in this fight
    • Unlicensed gambling to the tune of $1.5m appears to have become part of the contract for the fight
    • Ryan Garcia is more than 3lbs over the weight limit
    • Ryan Garcia is clearly in a manic state
    Just show that in this dirty sport money *****s all other considerations.
    billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

100000 % a fighters fault
      He is the boss
      Can't no one in his camp make a fighter do anything.
      Roadblock Roadblock likes this.

Comment

It's barely a sport
        Doesn't have a universal scoring system, it's pretty much subjective
        Hides the scores from everyone
        Doesn't have an overtime in case of a draw
        Doesn't have a singular universal governing body to control it
        The athlete and networks are in control.

Comment

At the end of the day Haney took the $1.5m agreement to move forward with the fight.
          And btw I changed my screen name
          Last edited by Slip jab; 04-20-2024, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Watch the dummies still buy the PPV.

Comment

Assuming he drank the beer, whats that 12 oz? Then he never took off the pants and shoes. Socks. Probably a phone in his pocket. Was he at weight and sabotaged himself out of a mil five?
              Part of the act or not this just seems stupid.
              Last edited by Wacked_Out; 04-20-2024, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post

i will give u green k if u get this one right

tank beats all according to his fans so doesnt even need to fight them
                for the record, i think Haney probably wins. Just saying it wouldn't surprise me if Garcia folded him. I dont think Haney is elite, but he's good.

As for Tank, I believe his he is probably the best around those weights but I've always been critical because there doesn't seem to be a huge willingness to fight the best fights, whether that's his fault or his team. But for me he is the most skilled and most dangerous. He should be one of the true faces of boxing but he isn't because of how his career is handled. PBC try to say he's a star but nobody outside of the USA market really know him.
                Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Wacked_Out View Post
                  Assuming he drank the beer, whats that 12 oz? Then he never took off the pants and shoes. Socks. Probably a phone in his pocket. Was he at weight and sabotaged himself out of a mil five?
                  Part of the act or not this just seems stupid.
                  They did the weigh in hours before, that's how they already knew he was 3lbs over.

What we watched is just a ceremonial weigh in for the media. So it didn't matter what he did on the scales. He was probably well over 3lbs by the time they did the ceremonial weigh in because they already started rehydrating

Anyway he said it wasn't beer, he was trolling and it was sparkling water and apple juice in the bottle
                  Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post
                    why is oscar wearing a devin haney tee
                    He's messaging Ryan Garcia that he's about to be persona non grata at Golden Boy, most likely.
                    I know I would.
                    Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by takenotes View Post
                      I could deal with his antics if he came in at 140. But honestly, I do not even know why this fight is still going on. If Garcia wins, they will say he missed weight. If Haney wins, they will say Garcia did not train. I would just put Barboza in there and make it for the title.
                      The third option is to just stop trying to makes sense of it, put an asterisk next to it to signify "defective challenger makes proper analysis impossible", and move on...

Comment

Working...
                      X