Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford-Israil Madrimov Heading to Los Angeles?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Rooting on that myself.

I'd love to see Boots find his way to Riyadh within the next 12mos vs SOMEONE fans gaf about seeing him fight & I suspect with this Eddie signing the odds are good it'll happen.
    Time will tell, but I just hope it's NOT Boots vs. Conor Benn!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheOneAboveAll View Post
      Curious to hear the explanation of why the Saudi royal family is bankrolling fights staged in the U.S. I thought the whole purpose of this Saudi boxing project was to elevate and sportwash Saudi Arabian culture?
      Even if the Saudis are bankrolling fights that happen in the US, it's still sportswashing because it promotes the "new normal" of the Saudi regime involved in the things we love to follow. I wonder if an Israeli fighter (and yeah, I know boxing is not a big sport there) would even be allowed to compete at a Saudi show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Louie View Post

Even if the Saudis are bankrolling fights that happen in the US, it's still sportswashing because it promotes the "new normal" of the Saudi regime involved in the things we love to follow. I wonder if an Israeli fighter (and yeah, I know boxing is not a big sport there) would even be allowed to compete at a Saudi show.
        I'm just wondering how precisely they intend to promote Saudi culture and tourism by staging fights in US venues. How will fans even be aware that these events are organized and underwritten by Saudi money? Just by having Turki sitting in shades ringside?

Comment

• Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
          ———
          You are right. The amount of ****** in this thread is crazy.
          Boots offers nothing huh? But but but Kavaliauskas, Avanesyan, Brook and Khan offered “a lot”.
          Boots doesn’t sell but Crawford does? Crawford vs Porter had 135k PPV numbers. So much for “offering something”
          Boots could have BEEN one of those ones if he'd continued down the WBO route, or if his dad hadn't turned down 2 offers to fight Bud. And let's be clear. He'd be in that company because he's got no resume. Out of the 20 guys who have been ranked in the top 10 in the last 3 years, he's fought only one (Villa). He's got a long history of turning down smoke at this point.

And you're apparently too ****** to realize that if Bud doesn't sell, then that's all the more reason to find a dance partner who DOES sell tickets, not someone who can't even sell out his own hometown, for a belt that already belongs to Crawford.
          ptek ptek likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brittney1229 View Post

Yeah, I know that. He's a paper champion! How about Erislandry Lara, Jermall Charlo, Janibek Alimkhanuly? He was willing to fight Canelo at 168. And I have forgotten more about boxing than you know!
            Why are you talking about champs at 160, when the conversation was about whether you knew the champ at 154. Can you name the other champs at 154 without looking them up? Or did you "forget" that too?
            ptek ptek likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheOneAboveAll View Post

I'm just wondering how precisely they intend to promote Saudi culture and tourism by staging fights in US venues. How will fans even be aware that these events are organized and underwritten by Saudi money? Just by having Turki sitting in shades ringside?
              I don't think it's going to be an overt, in-your-face hard sell. It is a creeping desensitizing just by having event after event staged in Saudi. Riyadh (and any other venue in Saudi Arabia) will be seen as just another normal place within a fairly short time (if not already). Denying women the right to drive? Funding Islamic extremism all over the world? Morality police? Meh, the production values and the undercard of that boxing event last Saturday were awesome, duuuude......

Comment

• Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

Boots could have BEEN one of those ones if he'd continued down the WBO route, or if his dad hadn't turned down 2 offers to fight Bud. And let's be clear. He'd be in that company because he's got no resume. Out of the 20 guys who have been ranked in the top 10 in the last 3 years, he's fought only one (Villa). He's got a long history of turning down smoke at this point.

And you're apparently too ****** to realize that if Bud doesn't sell, then that's all the more reason to find a dance partner who DOES sell tickets, not someone who can't even sell out his own hometown, for a belt that already belongs to Crawford.
                ———
                Perhaps we should define the word ****** AND we’re going to use your very own convoluted logic.

There are your words “…if Bud doesn't sell, then that's all the more reason to find a dance partner who DOES sell tickets”.

So you acknowledge that Bud does not sell tickets then you tells us that he has more reasons to find a dance partner that sells tickets.

So can you explain how Avanesyan, Kavaliauskas and Brook “sell” tickets? This is all your logic so either explain that logic or admit you are a ****** human being.

Comment

• israil probably cant believe his luck, he wins his vacant title & now he has big dogs chasing him for a fight it seems, time to get paid champ
                  ptek ptek likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
                    ———
                    Perhaps we should define the word ****** AND we’re going to use your very own convoluted logic.

There are your words “…if Bud doesn't sell, then that's all the more reason to find a dance partner who DOES sell tickets”.

So you acknowledge that Bud does not sell tickets then you tells us that he has more reasons to find a dance partner that sells tickets.

So can you explain how Avanesyan, Kavaliauskas and Brook “sell” tickets? This is all your logic so either explain that logic or admit you are a ****** human being.
                    So you're bad at reading comprehension too...

I said "IF Bud doesn't sell..."

Eg, even if we grant your premise that he doesn't sell, it still doesn't support the conclusion that he should fight a guy who also doesn't sell for a belt that he already has and never lost in the ring, who has no resume and would just get added to the hypejob bum list if Crawford wins by haters like you.

If he DOES sell better following his dismantling of Spence, he's doing all the heavy lifting of ticket selling on his own fighting Boots, and if he's got to do that, why not get a legacy defining belt in a 4th division?

If he DOESN'T, then he wants to have a dance partner that will sell, and if he can't get that, he needs a shot at a belt in a 4th division, not to fight for a belt he already has and never lost against a guy with no resume.

Either way, whether Bud does or doesn't sell, it still doesn't make a guy who won't help sell tickets a good option.

And if he got locked out of money fights in the past, and doesn't sell, it would be all the more important to him to get money fights, or add to his legacy. Even if we grant every aspect of your premise, it doesn't support your ****** conclusion.

You're just a Crawford hater.
                    ptek ptek likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      Time will tell, but I just hope it's NOT Boots vs. Conor Benn!!!
                      Lol. You know what. I wouldn't even hate that fight if its the best fight they can make next. I wanna see activity first & foremost. It should be a crime Boots has fought 4x in 4yrs. So I wanna see 2 fights in these last 8.5mos of 2024 & 2-3 fights in 2025 & 2026.

Comment

Working...
                      X