Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Remains Hopeful Of Landing Anthony Joshua Showdown After 'Knocking Zhang's Head Off'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
    Zhang by a huge KO. Wilder has lost his passion, as he said.
    I hope not, but I suspect that's exactly what will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post
      Wilder needs to get on the gear like everyone else in saudi
      his brother got busted for peds so im sure he already does them like most guys

Comment

Originally posted by takenotes View Post
        Is Parker hurt or something? Maybe SA does not like Parker too much? Just wondering why he would not rematch him and fight Wilder instead. I would assume the winner of this must go through Parker in order to get a shot at AJ or a title. Gonna be a shame if guys do not get their shots because SA is dictating who fights who.
        Im wondering if Parker is on standby for Usyk if Fury pulls a no-show ?

Comment

Originally posted by takenotes View Post
          Is Parker hurt or something? Maybe SA does not like Parker too much? Just wondering why he would not rematch him and fight Wilder instead. I would assume the winner of this must go through Parker in order to get a shot at AJ or a title. Gonna be a shame if guys do not get their shots because SA is dictating who fights who.
          Parker is better than Wilder and Zhang combined, but he brings no knock outs.
          takenotes takenotes likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by diarraisagod View Post
            The fight could happen. If Wilder beats Zhang and Fury and Usyk end up fighting twice. Why not, I guess.

It wouldn't even be that strange now that Hearn and Wilder are working together.

Would AJ prefer the winner of Hrgovic/Dubois or Wilder if he beats Zhang? The latter all day I'd have thought.
            I agree totally. More money in a Wilder fight. I do think Zhang wins, but there is an outside chance Zhang just matches up better with Joyce and fails against anyone else. If Wilder wins- and he only wins- is by fun KO. Than AJ gets paid and extra "0" on his paycheck over a fight with either a damaged DuBois or a relatively unknown Hrgovic.

I mean I would watch Joshua-Wilder way before Joshua-DuBois/Hrgovic.

Comment

I like Wilder to win. Zhang isn't mobile like Spilka or crafty like Ortiz. He is going to stand right in front of Wilder and as each round goes by he gets sloppy b/c of his endurance issues. Wilder won't engage. In fact he will move around like he didn't vs. Ortiz looking for an opening. This is a one-punch fight and that is Wilder's forte, not Zhang's.

I believe the KO will look something like Ortiz 2

Last edited by hhh1200; 04-18-2024, 02:01 AM.

Comment

I kind of hope Wilder knows how protected he was and is laughing at people thinking he's serious about his ability while counting the money he got out of people in the sport.

If he's not, then that's it's all a bit sad. Except for the money.

Comment

At this point I'm not even that interested in an AJ/Wilder fight. I'd watch it for sure but it has lost much of it's gloss.

Comment

zhang takes wilder's head off instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
                      I kind of hope Wilder knows how protected he was and is laughing at people thinking he's serious about his ability while counting the money he got out of people in the sport.

If he's not, then that's it's all a bit sad. Except for the money.
                      I wish Wilder knew too. But sorry to say, he really is as delusional as he appears. Like, proper full on fantasist who is dangerously detached from reality level of delusion.

He ducked everyone and Shirly and Al helped him to be the vulture to latch onto AJ's fame and bring interest their way while stringing everyone along.

Comment

Working...
                      X