Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia Thinks People Overrate Devin Haney's Boxing Ability

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post

haney is fooling you Wym he’s gotten better? He lost to loma then fought kambumsauce and prograis lol. How does that show any sort of marked improvement? He’s just fought a step down from Lomachenko so he looks better but he’s not any different than he’s ever been. Ryan will do better than he did vs tank. Might not win but Haney not gonna destroy him I gaurantee that haney just isn’t good enough too do that
    I also think he lost to Loma, but if you don't have the knowledge to see that he's improved a lot since his amateur days, you just like to watch other people fight and you don't actually know anything about the skills involved. It's very obvious. While I think he lost to Loma, he impressed me in that fight, hanging quite well with one of the most skilled fighters of the generation.

If you can't see that, you're just a hater, and I've got zero interest in your opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

I also think he lost to Loma, but if you don't have the knowledge to see that he's improved a lot since his amateur days, you just like to watch other people fight and you don't actually know anything about the skills involved. It's very obvious. While I think he lost to Loma, he impressed me in that fight, hanging quite well with one of the most skilled fighters of the generation.

If you can't see that, you're just a hater, and I've got zero interest in your opinion.
      bro he hasn’t. 1-2 then hold. That’s his go to move. Has been since the amateurs. He’s gotten bigger and stronger yes but there hasn’t been some light year advancement in skill. I gaurantee you he won’t stop this tweaked out version of princess ry and will lose AT LEAST 3 rounds. Haney a good fighter but he’s severely overrated.

Comment

imagine the yappin this guy will do if he actually wins a big fight, it will be epic
        MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

I think Haney has a style that's difficult for most fighters but I do think he's been flattered by some wins.

He lost to Loma in my opinion, but lets say Haney won, I still think Loma is on the slide and naturally much smaller.

Kamboses is only good if you are the aggressor because he's excellent in the exchanges but he's very mediocre against movement when he has to force the action. I was pretty much the only person on here that said Kambosos would give Teo problems because he'll go looking for Kamboses and that's not a good idea. Kamboses can't deal with back foot boxers as we saw with Maxi Hughes.

Prograis looks faded. He looked awful in the fight before the Haney one. People thought it might be a bad performance but upon reflection he looks faded.

Take nothing away from Haney, he did his job and he's certainly good. I don't really know what Garcia has to trouble Haney with except landing a left hook. Other than that, Haney is pretty much better at everything else but let's see.
          SSDineff SSDineff likes this.

Comment

If Ryan Garcia pulls the upset…..Boxing will be in a better state. Haney is a -700 favorite coming in to the fight while Garcia is at +550. If Garcia clips or stuns Haney early it could be a good fight but I see Garcia doing something crazy to get DQ’ed
            SSDineff SSDineff likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by H8boxxing View Post

Haney was weight drained at 135. At 140 he has more pop and Ryan fights with his chin in the air. Haney will be landing all night long. Maybe a KO is optimistic but it’s still a real possibility. I have no faith in Ryan’s jaw and toughness.
              I agree with you that Haney has more power at 140 because he kept Prograis pretty much honest so must be something in there but still wasn't able to hurt him seriously. Maybe because that wasn't his plan to go for stoppage but anyway a wen't into another direction. My point is that if Devin somehow stops Ryan I can see it going to the body ,you know - if it works ,don't change it. I am really interested into this fight and the only reason I think Haney got the W is because he is more disciplined with his game ,which is not Garcia's strong side.

Comment

I've always thought that people overrate Haney's boxing ability too. But I'm also still waiting for somebody to prove it by handing him an L.

Comment

Working...
                X