Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Calls Benavidez Fight With Rehydration Clause A 'Lose-Lose'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So after Canelo beats Benavidez, who’s the next boogeyman people will say he’s ducking?

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
      So after Canelo beats Benavidez, who’s the next boogeyman people will say he’s ducking?
      you.......

Comment

• this is such an epic duck that even the saudis cant understand a 200 mil demand for the fight by canelo

Comment

• Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post

wasnt GGG supposed to be his toughest fight and that canelo was scared of him? what happened to that fight? ya crybabies just keep moving the goal post.
          He aged him out and lost twice

Comment

• He would have a rehydration clause with Beterbiev and Bivol, too. So what is his point?

Comment

• Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post

wasnt GGG supposed to be his toughest fight and that canelo was scared of him? what happened to that fight? ya crybabies just keep moving the goal post.
              well he dropped his belt and said he would fight him in a few years

now he wants 200 mil for benny

if u make excuses for him u can never say another guy is ducking some other guy again, or if u did in the past its too late for that

Comment

• Benavidez should release a commercial calling out Canelo’s cowardice and exposing all of Alvarez’s lies and special treatment.

Comment

• I bet Canelo fights the Beterbiev-Bivol winner before David Morrell fights anyone good.

Comment

• Originally posted by garfios View Post

Why? If that happens nothing changes. What would be hilarious is if munguia wins vs ginger, that would be poetic justice. Listen man, we just want for canelo to vacate and clear the way for the ones that wants to fight for a belt. That's all.
                    Well mungia is a live body so that could happen tbh ,let me remind you Jaimes is fighting for the belt he is a legit contender its just that he isn't named David Benavidez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topdogggbm View Post

I’ve only read to page 2 on these comments at the time I’m responding to this, so maybe others have…. But I strongly feel like this is THE answer. Benavidez and Munguia are somewhat similar, in that they have lots of KOs but not necessarily viewed as “One punch KO power” fighters. It’s more of an accumulation of punches that end their opponent. But Munguia supposedly a less of a threat, as the whole world sees it. I’m not a Canelo fan, I DO respect his career overall tho. He’s not “afraid” Of any fighters. And he HAS in the past taken on some challenges that were viewed as very very tough at the time they were announced. In my opinion, fighting GGG, Bivol, and Mayweather at the time he fought them, were viewed as massive difficulty challenges. None are Mexican of course. He wasn’t afraid of them, but arguably lost to all 3 some might say. Then we can look at Chavez Jr and Munguia and say “ok he’s proven now that he will fight his countrymen”. However, put the two together, a fellow FEARED COUNTRYMAN, and that’s something he is clearly avoiding in my opinion.

The part I hate most about it, as others have stated a bazillion times….. I wish he’d stop trying to apply ANY type of logic as to why he won’t. Or excuse. Or whatever term we want to use. Cuz none of it is legit. Mentioning size? Well he’s fought bigger. Mentioning countrymen? He’s fought them. Mentioning “It needs to be earned”? Benavidez has earned it. Money? There’s plenty of it for this fight. Whatever direction he goes with excuses, his own career contradicts it in some way or another.

He REALLY needs to shift to a Bill Bellicheck approach. “I’m worried about Munguia, next question please”. And leave it at that. That’s his only legitimate out, that won’t get **** thrown his way.
                      He does not simply fear losing, that is half of it. He fears getting his ass kicked and stopped and he knows there is a significant risk of that happening if he fought Benavidez. There is a world of difference between simply getting out boxed and getting the crap beat out of you. I wish people would stop mentioning GGG because Benavidez is much bigger and younger than GGG ever was, and is a much more dangerous opponent. Don't take my word for it take Canelos. He stepped in the ring 3 times with GGG but won't do it once for Benavidez.

Comment

Working...
                      X