Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jared Anderson Aiming for Deontay Wilder: 'I'm Going To Beat Him In Great Fashion'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jared Anderson Aiming for Deontay Wilder: 'I'm Going To Beat Him In Great Fashion'

Heavyweight up-and-comer Jared Anderson knows he has made mistakes, but he says he is ready to put them behind him - starting with a win over Ryad Merhy on Saturday and, eventually, a crack at former titleholder Deontay Wilder.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He won't be making any money period if he keeps up the legal campaign

Comment

Eventually? Wilder is turning 39 this year and his last solid win was 2019. Exactly how long is Anderson planning to wait?

Comment

This guy has the slowest progression in the division. He should be much further along at this point and the only real person of note he has fought is Charles Martin, he should be fighting top 10-15 fighters by now.

Comment

No rush unless cops are chasing him

Comment

I honestly don't see him becoming a belt holder, if at all. Wilder might actually beat his slow @ss

Comment

Wilder is fading because of age and inactivity. Focusing on Wilder is irrelevant. Anderson should focus on Parker.

Comment

Originally posted by sammybee View Post
                Wilder is fading because of age and inactivity. Focusing on Wilder is irrelevant. Anderson should focus on Parker.
                Parker beats him outright
                But I get where your going with this

Comment

I know Wilder was terrible in his last fight but if Charles Martin is putting you on queer street I don't like your chances against Wilder.

Anderson beat a way older, shop worn Charles Martin in far worse fashion than AJ did at a similar age.

Comment

Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post
                    I know Wilder was terrible in his last fight but if Charles Martin is putting you on queer street I don't like your chances against Wilder.

Anderson beat a way older, shop worn Charles Martin in far worse fashion than AJ did at a similar age.
                    Yeah, the Martin fight suggested the ceiling for Anderson may not be much higher, which is remarkable considering how little his career has progressed. He needs to fight someone decent soon. Wilder is a name, but he's a name at the end of his career. I guess they figure that is low risk, but it could easily backfire.

All I know is that I've heard a lot about how good Anderson is and I was deeply unimpressed with how he looked against Martin. Maybe it was an off night, but he needs to make a statement against a credible fighter and soon, because he isn't a spring chicken.
                    Atypicalbrit Atypicalbrit likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X