Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaron 'Boots' Ennis Signs Multifight Promotional Deal With Matchroom

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
    ———-
    Riight! And Ortiz has beaten world champions and has won titles at 147 and 154.
    The hate is unreal here
    Meanwhile booty got his thru email lmfao

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      Who did Spence not fight @ 147? Thurman? See people say "never" too loosely! Spence fought Brook, Peterson, Mikey, Porter, DSG, Ugas, and Crawford, but they'll say, "He didn't fight Thurman!" Jermell Charlo fought Gabe Rosado, Martirosyan, Jackson, Lubin, Trout, Harrison X 2, Rosario, and Castano X 2! Haters will say, "but he never fought Tszyu." SMH!
      inactivity is that I speak of

Comment

• Originally posted by DClefthook View Post

Whether or not Hearn has the outlet to keep him busy is not the question. The complaint from you guys has always been to level of competition Boots has fought not how many times. I can go down to the local YMCA and get 25 fighters that can weigh 147lbs on fight night. What top WW fighters does Hearn have to keep him busy on Dazn?
        no, it's who, PLUS he never had opportunity to fight. you can't fight c level fighters once every 16 months and gain traction in this business

Comment

• Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
          ———-
          Riight! And Ortiz has beaten world champions and has won titles at 147 and 154.
          The hate is unreal here
          Ortiz was beaten 1 former world champion, Maurice Hooker. And he himself has never been a world champion

Ennis has beaten one former world champion, Lipinets. He's the current IBF welterweight champion. He he got title because Crawford didn't fight his mandatory

Neither guy has done **** in boxing at the elite level

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
            Hearn only needs to OFFER 3 fights to Boots. And with Boots pops history of turning down anything remotely challenging, I doubt anyone will get sued here.......
            Well, I just saw Bozy's recent interview confirming they always wanted to fight 3 times a year. I sensed the interviewer wondering about the picture of what a 3 fight a year scenario looks like for Boots.

It's not rocket science to figure out it's not gonna be Spence, Crawford, Barrios, Thurman, Stanionis, Crowley, at least not any time soon. And who else does he got left? Ennis' own fans always worry about him and seemed not confident of his abilities, always worried about being given Conor Benn for one of his 3 fights. Who is left really? They also don't want Avanesyan, Kavliauskas, don't want him to move up yet. They worry about him constantly.
            Last edited by maguirre; 04-13-2024, 10:21 AM.
            OnePunch OnePunch likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by maguirre View Post
              Well, I just saw Bozy's recent interview confirming they always wanted to fight 3 times a year. I sensed the interviewer wondering about the picture of what a 3 fight a year scenario looks like for Boots.

It's not rocket science to figure out it's not gonna be Spence, Crawford, Barrios, Thurman, Stanionis, Crowley, at least not any time soon. And who else does he got left? Ennis' own fans always worry about him and seemed not confident of his abilities, always worried about being given Conor Benn for one of his 3 fights. Who is left really? They also don't want Avanesyan, Kavliauskas, don't want him to move up yet. They worry about him constantly.

Don't know what it is, but there's this group of fans that treat their fighters like little kids to be protected 24/7. Seems they don't want any opponent for Ennis that is not Crawford-Spence level. Maybe losing to a Crawford-level would not be so much of a big deal.

It feels like Ennis case is so different. Teo Lopez, for instance, has his own share of haters. He had issues with his promoter Bob Arum, yet he fulfills his obligations and fight whoever Bob puts in front of him in between big fights. He didn't have to fight Ortiz, Martin, Campa, and other 2nd-3rd tier fighters. Lomachenko is another one who fought guys like Commey, Nakatani, Ortiz in between big fights. Didn't hear any complaint from fans.

Why are fights like Avanesyan, Benn so horrible for Ennis for 3-fight-a-year run? Kavaliauskas is aging and probably not get another chance for a big fight again till he retires. The guy only has 2 loses against top fighters.​​ Why not take advantage of his availability?
              Last edited by jqSide; 04-13-2024, 09:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jqSide View Post

Don't know what it is, but there's this group of fans that treat their fighters like little kids to be protected 24/7. Seems they don't want any opponent for Ennis that is not Crawford-Spence level. Maybe losing to a Crawford-level would not be so much of a big deal.

It feels like Ennis case is so different. Teo Lopez, for instance, has his own share of haters. He had issues with his promoter Bob Arum, yet he fulfills his obligations and fight whoever Bob puts in front of him in between big fights. He didn't have to fight Ortiz, Martin, Campa, and other 2nd-3rd tier fighters. Lomachenko is another one who fought guys like Commey, Nakatani, Ortiz in between big fights. Didn't hear any complaint from fans.

Why are fights like Avanesyan, Benn so horrible for Ennis for 3-fight-a-year run? Kavaliauskas is aging and probably not get another chance for a big fight again till he retires. The guy only has 2 loses against top fighters.​​ Why not take advantage of his availability?
                It's not so bad to fight leftovers who made some dent in some of their fights. It's a way to show you can do it better than previous opponents. When Loma lost to Teo, Arum pitted Vasiliy next against Commey, who is not exactly an opponent who can be walked down easily. Well, let's just say it's a stay-active fight. But then I thought Bob was starting to throw Loma under the bus. Then I learned that Loma was actually pleased and excited to show how he will do it better.

You're right. All fighters don't take 3 big fights in a row in 12 months. It's not even expected. What is bad is not fight at all fearing you might get exposed by a nobody.​

Comment

Working...
                X