No announcement yet.

What is next for PBC/Amazon Prime?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is next for PBC/Amazon Prime?

Is it going to be one fight event per month on PPV? Might be understandable inasmuch as people saying they got a large stable, they still need to find dance partners for each of their star fighters.

The pay-per-view numbers on the last card were awful. Those Fighters were not star attractions. The card was a very good event however. Excellent card just not pay-per-view worthy
    El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

It's not only the PPV numbers that need to be taken into account. It's also how many subscriptions got added into their current base.

Comment

I'm assuming after stank-martin they'll have the puppy-stank rematch.

Honestly it's hard to tell. A big stable of inactive and unknown fighters kinda hard to make it a marketable ppv

Comment

Many of their fighters are inactive. But some of them like Plant can't wait to fight Charlo next. Others like Adames recently sent feelers after nine months since his last fight that he wants to fight now so he can secure his next yearly pension. I don't think many of them want to fight on a regular at least 2 fight a year basis. So it will be tough for PBC to gather all their fighters in their next event.
          Last edited by tomhawq; 04-09-2024, 06:50 PM.

Comment

More and more ppv’s

Comment

Originally posted by jqSide View Post
              It's not only the PPV numbers that need to be taken into account. It's also how many subscriptions got added into their current base.
              The subscription metric will only become meaningful if PBC starts producing non-PPV shows on a consistent basis, but they still haven't announced one. Do you need a Prime subscription to purchase a PBC PPV?

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

The subscription metric will only become meaningful if PBC starts producing non-PPV shows on a consistent basis, but they still haven't announced one. Do you need a Prime subscription to purchase a PBC PPV?
                Well, you can't get access to the PPV unless you're a subscriber.

Comment

Originally posted by jqSide View Post
                  Well, you can't get access to the PPV unless you're a subscriber.
                  https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...CHXL8CUW3VWJQP

"Customers are able to purchase or rent a selection of titles and Pay-Per-View events from the Prime Video catalog, without needing an Amazon Prime or Prime Video membership."​

I didn't buy the PPV, so I can neither confirm or deny whether this is true.

EDIT: https://www.amazon.com/Tszyu-vs-Fund...ps%2C82&sr=8-4

"HOW DO I GET ACCESS TO THIS PPV EVENT?
                  You don’t need a Prime membership to watch the fight — anyone with an Amazon account will be able to stream this event with a qualifying purchase. If you’re new to Amazon, then all you need to do is create an Amazon account, which doesn’t cost anything.​"
                  Last edited by kiaba360; 04-10-2024, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    "HOW DO I GET ACCESS TO THIS PPV EVENT?
                    You don’t need a Prime membership to watch the fight — anyone with an Amazon account will be able to stream this event with a qualifying purchase. If you’re new to Amazon, then all you need to do is create an Amazon account, which doesn’t cost anything.​"
                    I see. I myself have no account. I rely on my brother's. It seems simple, but not simple to comprehend the business model. Unlike DAZN and others, which rely heavily on the number of subscribers.

Comment

Working...
                    X