No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ben Shalom Sees 'Agenda' In Reports Surrounding Boxxer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ben Shalom Sees 'Agenda' In Reports Surrounding Boxxer

Ben Shalom believes the reports about Boxxer's links to a convicted cricket spot fixer owe to an "agenda", and doesn't consider them worthy of a conversation with broadcasters Sky Sports
    [Click Here To Read More]

Created this on your own Ben. No agenda just facts. You refuse ya fighter too take an opportunity if it’s not on sky sports. You’re behaviour is then spoken about in boxing and in media. They’re telling the truth.

Comment

The people he's involved with , the paper bags full of money being handed round it all looks very bad , even Sky is not happy apparently.

Comment

He's taking about Matchroom right? Or Queensberry?

I don't think either of them are feeling too threatened by Boxxer, but they'll still squash the little guy if they get the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
          He's taking about Matchroom right? Or Queensberry?

I don't think either of them are feeling too threatened by Boxxer, but they'll still squash the little guy if they get the chance.
          Yeah I’m thinking it’s Matchroom but definitely not something Frankie Fish Eyes is above doing.

Shalom is a weird one, he popped up out of no where in a massive coup getting sky. Something feels a bit off about him, but when has there ever been an honest and trustworthy boxing promoter?

Comment

Some of the article here. Using a criminal connection to get into the sport, making a series of dodgy payments, lying about them and getting caught out, lying about how long you've known somebody, getting caught out by photo evidence.

An investigation by The Sunday Times can reveal that payments well into six figures were made to a company linked to Mazhar Majeed by Boxxer, the promoter which in 2021 signed a four-year, £32 million deal with Sky.
            Majeed, who first entered the sport before the formation of Boxxer, is one of the most controversial figures in cricket history. The 48-year-old was sentenced to 32 months in prison in November 2011 for his role in the corruption of a Test match between England and Pakistan at Lord’s that was broadcast live on Sky in August 2010.

In 2014, Majeed then pleaded guilty to HMRC charges of tax fraud relating to his development and rental business and was sentenced to a further two years in prison in November 2015.
            In the News of the World investigation in 2010 that exposed the spot-fixing, Majeed was also recorded saying that he had bought Croydon Athletic Football Club for money laundering purposes. David Le Cluse, the chairman of Croydon Athletic at the time, was found dead in a garage near his home in Surrey in October 2010 weeks after the scandal broke. An inquest ruled that Le Cluse died by suicide. The club was dissolved in 2011.​

Shalom struck up a relationship with Majeed after the agent was introduced to him as Khan’s representative. With Majeed’s help, Shalom was able to quickly establish himself in boxing. Shalom has insisted that he cannot be held responsible for a fighter’s decision to be advised by Majeed. But he has continued to do business with a man convicted for corrupting an international sports event.
            Large sums of cash have been paid by Boxxer to a company linked to the agent. Those payments were made to the Croydon-based Star People Limited, which is controlled by Majeed’s wife, Sheliza Manji.
            Shalom repeatedly denied in conversations this week that there had been any payments to Star People. In a third conversation, however, he admitted that there had been one. An official statement from Boxxer did not address the issue but The Sunday Times understands that there have been at least two.
            Shalom said that Majeed had assisted Boxxer only in delivering the Khan-Brook fight in February 2022. However, information uncovered suggests that a substantial six-figure sum was paid by Boxxer to Star People within the past six months.​

Two months after the Khan-Brook fight, Ringside Sports Limited was registered with Companies House. The company shares the same correspondence address in Croydon as Star People, with three directors named as former heavyweight world champion David Haye, Majeed and Akhil Jairath.
            Sources claimed that Jairath and Shalom were old friends. In conversation Shalom initially tried to distance himself from Jairath and said his involvement was a consequence of being related to Majeed’s wife.
            Confronted by The Sunday Times about a photograph of Shalom and Jairath together, posted on a social media platform in 2016, Shalom confirmed that he and Jairath had known each other since they were students.
            ​​

Comment

I don't give a flying fanacapan about all this political ****! I just wanna see the Dalton Smith/ Adam Azim triple crown contest this summer!

Comment

Originally posted by Butt stuff View Post

Yeah I’m thinking it’s Matchroom but definitely not something Frankie Fish Eyes is above doing.

Shalom is a weird one, he popped up out of no where in a massive coup getting sky. Something feels a bit off about him, but when has there ever been an honest and trustworthy boxing promoter?
                I've often thought about whether I could make my passion in boxing a career interest, but I know I'd have to swim with sharks, and I'm not one.

It's very odd that a 23 year old middle class kid would just decide to be a boxing promoter. And then do it.

My sense is that he must have a lot of connections. Or just be a front for someone who has a more typical boxing profile. ie Criminals.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post

I've often thought about whether I could make my passion in boxing a career interest, but I know I'd have to swim with sharks, and I'm not one.

It's very odd that a 23 year old middle class kid would just decide to be a boxing promoter. And then do it.

My sense is that he must have a lot of connections. Or just be a front for someone who has a more typical boxing profile. ie Criminals.
                  Yeah I agree that he’s likely a front. Who in their right mind at Sky would give some mostly unknown kid a £36m deal. And like you say, you’d need to have insane money like the Saudis to get into boxing like that without real connections.

Comment

Working...
                  X