Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson Accuses Oscar De La Hoya of Bad-Faith Dealings on Possible William Zepeda Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robert Garcia basically saying Stevenson made zero effort to fight Muratalla. A few hours after Robert said they'd fight him he signed to fight Frank Martin's last opponent instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Claude Palle View Post

I was always a big Stevenson guy. I attended a few of his fights but his style is not conducive to excitement. Taking chances can lead to getting hit but if he wants the big money and the big fights, he will have to adapt.
      I agree. As a fan of the sport, I appreciate a guy that plays the name of the game: hit and don't get hit. But even while being consistently dominant, if the fights are snoozers, it's tough to really sell a guy for big fights if he can't get the fans buzzing. Just winning isn't always enough. Gotta entertain and be impressive while doing it. Just the way it is.
      Claude Palle Claude Palle likes this.

Comment

Shakur Stevenson is from Newark, but you would think he's from Princeton with all them arrogant and demanding ass ways!

Comment

Calling All Cars! There's an A.P. B. out for one named "Boxingitis!" He was last seen popping **** about how he was so sure that Oscar would call Arum, for a Zepeda fight with Shakur! We're very concerned for his safety! He's a suicide risk! Please notify the authorities, if you have any information regarding his whereabouts!

Comment

shakur is going to have to learn to navigate the treacherous boxing world, first lesson, dont turn down a shot for undisputed again if u want to call the shots yourself as u are not one of these new age no belts a-side guys unfortunately for u that is

Comment

He made excuses for the 25% offer from Haney for undisputed then fought dls in a run and snorefest. I don't wanna hear no more from this kid. His next fight is trash too. Aint holding my breath waiting for him to fight tbh.

Comment

I mean who thinks Bob is paying Zepeda niiiiice to make that fight when its Shakur's last with TR? Why would Oscar make that fight if its possible to make it in house if Oscar or Eddie sign Shakur after July? Theres lil upside to anyone but Shakur here.

Shakur crying about ppl not wanting to do bad business to give him a better W to go into free agency on isn't something promoters, esp his current one, is gonna be looking to help him with.
                crimsonfalcon07 crimsonfalcon07 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                X