Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson Accuses Oscar De La Hoya of Bad-Faith Dealings on Possible William Zepeda Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson Accuses Oscar De La Hoya of Bad-Faith Dealings on Possible William Zepeda Fight

Shakur Stevenson Accuses Oscar De La Hoya of Bad-Faith Dealings on Possible William Zepeda Fight
    [Click Here To Read More]

So Zepeda has a fight already scheduled ?
    Am I reading this right

Comment

I can’t see ANY boxer wanting to get in the ring with Shakur. Yes, he may not be perfect but I dont see anyone out pointing him. Haney is the only threat for him and I think Haney is weak but it’s about styles.
      Oregonian Oregonian likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post
        I can’t see ANY boxer wanting to get in the ring with Shakur. Yes, he may not be perfect but I dont see anyone out pointing him. Haney is the only threat for him and I think Haney is weak but it’s about styles.
        That's the thing. He's not the most entertaining to watch, but he makes very few mistakes for anybody to capitalize on and makes guys pay for their mistakes if they get too greedy. He's the rare star that is very high-risk low-reward to get in the ring with. Too good for his own good, but doesn't have the "IT" factor to make himself a serious attraction for guys to take the risk for. Unless he finds a way to appeal to the masses, he's gonna be this generation's Andrade. Struggle to find marquee names his whole career until he slows down.

Comment

I’ll watch but not pay money to view this fight

Comment

Its hard to feel sorry for a bad boy. Shakur cried a river when he lost, got into a brawl with some chicas and smelled bad when he faced adversity. Not endearing traits.

Comment

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post
              That's the thing. He's not the most entertaining to watch, but he makes very few mistakes for anybody to capitalize on and makes guys pay for their mistakes if they get too greedy. He's the rare star that is very high-risk low-reward to get in the ring with. Too good for his own good, but doesn't have the "IT" factor to make himself a serious attraction for guys to take the risk for. Unless he finds a way to appeal to the masses, he's gonna be this generation's Andrade. Struggle to find marquee names his whole career until he slows down.
              And that goes back to how Shakur refusing to fight Haney due to "not enough money" when Haney was undisputed and Shakur was beltless was the single dumbest move he's ever done. No matter how high of a risk he is, if Shakur was the undisputed Champion of lightweight right now he'd have multiple opponents lined up to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by Elheath View Post
                And that goes back to how Shakur refusing to fight Haney due to "not enough money" when Haney was undisputed and Shakur was beltless was the single dumbest move he's ever done. No matter how high of a risk he is, if Shakur was the undisputed Champion of lightweight right now he'd have multiple opponents lined up to fight him.
                I agree. These young dudes nowadays believe bc they're great fighters, they deserve millions when they can barely fill up an arena in their hometown. If he'd have taken the fight and won, he woulda been able to call the shots then that he's trying now. But the market that these promoters have put up of recent years(e.g. overpaying guys who fight once a year against lesser competition) has sent boxing backwards in the matter of seeing the fights we wanna see. It's OK to know your worth, but these guys are highly overestimating themselves bc of the currentmarket. Hard to see things going back at this point.

Comment

Lmfao just retire again you bum
                  RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM RuleOfTheSpear likes this.

Comment

"Using my name to promote" lmfao chickenson is funny
                    RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM RuleOfTheSpear likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X