Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson Accuses Oscar De La Hoya of Bad-Faith Dealings on Possible William Zepeda Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny that all the gate goes to Stevenson from these comments but he’s actually right. Oscar says Zepeda wants to stay active, and Shakur is sitting on the shelf ready to fight any day, and the mentioned June 6th is sooner than Zepeda will fight again anyways.

Comment

SWERVED AGAIN!!!

“Yooo oscardelahoya, I still haven’t heard anything yet about Zepeda fighting me on July 6. How can you say my name over and over and not make the fight happen next? Were you using me to promote your fighter fight or?”

De La Hoya responded with a post insisting that Zepeda was set to make a quick return, and that the promoter would be in touch with Stevenson’s representatives later in the year about a possible matchup with his fighter:

“Zepeda is fighting soon for the second time this year, I’ll talk to your promoter third quarter of this year.”

BOXINGITIS, WHERE ARE YOU??? YOUR BOY TURNED B*TCH ONCE AGAIN!!! LMAO!!!

Comment

If there’s one thing we know, for the last 10 yrs Oscar has been very cautious about protecting whatever boxers he has left. He’s not going to just make a risky match for them unless they’re breaking the bank.

Comment

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post

That's the thing. He's not the most entertaining to watch, but he makes very few mistakes for anybody to capitalize on and makes guys pay for their mistakes if they get too greedy. He's the rare star that is very high-risk low-reward to get in the ring with. Too good for his own good, but doesn't have the "IT" factor to make himself a serious attraction for guys to take the risk for. Unless he finds a way to appeal to the masses, he's gonna be this generation's Andrade. Struggle to find marquee names his whole career until he slows down.
          I agree, except for the Andrade part. Shakur is on another level, skill wise. Guys like Benitez and Ray Leonard were defensive geniuses but also engaged at times. Stevenson seems too nervous and timid. There were many times in the De Los Santos fight where he held back for fear of being countered. If he totally continues with this style, he will not be exciting enough to be a draw. It is what it is!

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post
            I can’t see ANY boxer wanting to get in the ring with Shakur. Yes, he may not be perfect but I dont see anyone out pointing him. Haney is the only threat for him and I think Haney is weak but it’s about styles.
            I agree people call him boring and a few of his fights have been snooze fests but the guy is very hard to beat. It's very hard to win rounds against him and if he opts to just be defensive and and bring the pace of the fight down then hell win comfortable decisions. That's what will happen against zepeda probably hell take away his volume because he'll be countering zepeda when he does let his hands go and Zepeda doesn't really have much else

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing2695 View Post

I agree people call him boring and a few of his fights have been snooze fests but the guy is very hard to beat. It's very hard to win rounds against him and if he opts to just be defensive and and bring the pace of the fight down then hell win comfortable decisions. That's what will happen against zepeda probably hell take away his volume because he'll be countering zepeda when he does let his hands go and Zepeda doesn't really have much else
              Very well put…………….,,,,,,,,,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by Claude Palle View Post

I agree, except for the Andrade part. Shakur is on another level, skill wise. Guys like Benitez and Ray Leonard were defensive geniuses but also engaged at times. Stevenson seems too nervous and timid. There were many times in the De Los Santos fight where he held back for fear of being countered. If he totally continues with this style, he will not be exciting enough to be a draw. It is what it is!
                Agreed. Wouldn't say he's timid, he's just a defensive fighter by nature. Even moreso with big punchers like DLS. Guys average less than double-digit amount of punches a round on him. He's an extremely difficult guy to hit and is highly accurate when he fires back. He's not heavy handed like those guys you named, but hits hard enough to keep guys honest. One punch at a time is not gonna do it against him. Hard to see anybody beat him at 135.
                Claude Palle Claude Palle likes this.

Comment

this fkin trash i swear

it's all social media with shakira

haney made the fight happen

this bum and his excuses!!

Comment

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post

Agreed. Wouldn't say he's timid, he's just a defensive fighter by nature. Even moreso with big punchers like DLS. Guys average less than double-digit amount of punches a round on him. He's an extremely difficult guy to hit and is highly accurate when he fires back. He's not heavy handed like those guys you named, but hits hard enough to keep guys honest. One punch at a time is not gonna do it against him. Hard to see anybody beat him at 135.
                    I was always a big Stevenson guy. I attended a few of his fights but his style is not conducive to excitement. Taking chances can lead to getting hit but if he wants the big money and the big fights, he will have to adapt.

Comment

so shakur got into a hissy fit over something oscar didnt do when he said he could do & then retired, oscar is like what will i make him do next

Comment

Working...
                      X