Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Estrada And Rodriguez Clash In Epic Showdown In Phoenix On June 29

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
    Bam already has better names in his resume than Crawford, Tank or Inoue.

If he win this, he deserves the #1 P4P spot.

And a place in HoF.

And he has 24 years old
    ​​​​​​
    The guys in his resume worth mentioning are all ones who DUCKED Inoue. And that won't change if he beats Estrada. But if he beats Estrada AND Ioka, that's really huge P4P resume stuff. I think Nakatani is the toughest out for him anywhere around his weight class, which might be why he seems to have been avoiding Nakatani.

But I rate him very highly. He's an amazing talent who deserves P4P recognition.

Comment

Bam's already on the tail end of P4P but once he defeats Estrada he should become a staple top 10, atleast ahead of Tank/Spence who is still a mystery why he's on the list. I actually believe Bam can become the first to go undisputed in terms of skills and talent, however whether he stays there long enough plus whether he gets the chance to (and not get ducked up the wazoo like Inoue did back then) to go undisputed is a different story.

I know Tanaka is planning to stay in 115 for a while to try to get unification fights. I believe he was hoping to fight Fernando Martinez before the chance for him to fight for the WBO belt Nakatani vacated came by, and he probably has a mandatory with Andrew Moloney that he'll have to take care of possibly sometime this year. Afterwards if he doesn't lose, he still might try to get an unification with Martinez this year, and Tanaka's also said many times that he wants to get a revenge rematch with Ioka again, but I'm not sure if Ioka himself is that interested given that he's already defeated him with no doubt.

Ioka is on his tail end of his career and has been sending Estrada a love letter for years but at this point I'd say he's officially dumped by him for good, and given that Estrada will be beltless after June Ioka might as well just fight Scrappy to get that mandatory out of the way this summer and maybe possibly get an New Years Eve party with Bam? Or, if he doesn't want Bam (given his history of dodging dangerous opponents like Inoue and Nakatani) I guess he might entertain a Tanaka rematch, as he's actually a good fit for Ioka's style and should sell well in Japan at the least.

Fernando Martinez is like what Ancajas was during the Inoue & "4 king" era in super flyweight...literally the one champion/contender that is forgotten in that division for the most part.

Comment

Working...
      X