Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Austin Trout: Ryan Garcia Has All the Ability, But Not the Heart or Mind

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idk that he has ALL the ability altho he's a skilled cat, but I definitely agree he is mentally weak & doesn't have a good ring IQ.

And vs higher caliber dudes thats gonna show & has been shown. His power will always give him a punchers chance but his ring IQ will make delivering that power on those higher talent guys problematic.
    Last edited by Eff Pandas; 03-28-2024, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Devils Advocate View Post
      Ryan got up in the 2nd round after being dropped by a Tank grenade so I won’t ever question his heart but his mental health is a different story. A great fight is all we can hope for.
      ———
      What about the seemingly innocuous body shot that stopped him? Mayorga got up twice from two body shots from Tito. So did Maidana in the first round against Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
        Garcia is trying to get the fight cancelled with the excuse of mental illness. He knows he’s going to get beaten by Haney and probably stopped and that ends his high paying “star” career
        Same was said when he got ko’d by Tank
        The only one losing money here is Rolly who could of made a fortune against Ryan instead was directed towards Cruz who will most likely beat him and leave him valueless

Comment

Someone should take Garcias phone from him on the first day of Camp and not give it back until after the fight. The problem with that though is that he makes a lot of money from Social Media and his followers are why his fights are such big events. It's a real Catch -22.

Comment

Some of the people here have never taken a body shot, and it shows. I've seen a guy who's done 3 combat tours, gotten 4 purple hearts and a silver star, very tough guy who's been shot several times, get dropped bad from a liver shot that wasn't even full power, just placed right. Even with no quit that's been proven in actual combat, he wasn't able to get up for about 30 seconds.

That all being said, Trout is right that Ryan doesn't have the mental grit to maximize his natural talent. If it weren't for his weak mentality, he could probably be elite, but his mental issues really handicap him.
            MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

i dont think ryan is that talented

Comment

Originally posted by Devils Advocate View Post
                Ryan got up in the 2nd round after being dropped by a Tank grenade so I won’t ever question his heart but his mental health is a different story. A great fight is all we can hope for.
                True but he also took a voluntary ten second knee count while being fully unconcussed, aware and alert. In other words he quit. If that is not the ultimate sign of cowardice then I don’t know what is.

Comment

Working...
                X