Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Has Saturday's PBC Card Primed Boxing for a New Broadcast Era?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teetotaler69 View Post
    Have they announced who the commentary team consists of?
    SHO's old team.
    Teetotaler69 Teetotaler69 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler69 View Post
      Have they announced who the commentary team consists of?
      Yea, Joe Markowski and Daniel kinnahan
      Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Amazon & Netflix getting into boxing is big news, but this first PBC card feels like a let down with PBC's roster.
        No promotional stable can exclusively do in-house match-ups forever. I'm not sure if PBC can do much better than this.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

No promotional stable can exclusively do in-house match-ups forever. I'm not sure if PBC can do much better than this.
          2023 cards prove otherwise
          DClefthook DClefthook likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

2023 cards prove otherwise
            In-house match-ups are finite. I actually think the Tszyu/Fundora card is good.

Comment

I think there are plenty of in house PPV fights but they aren't making them as often as they could be for the roster. I mean the fact they never planned for Canelo vs Benavidez says a ton to me about PBCs awful matchmaking. Like if you aren't gonna make that fight a part of a 3 fight deal why even sign Canelo to a 3 fight deal. But beyond that anything with Errol (if he wants to fight), Tank & David thats reasonable is a PPV. Plant vs Mall is a PPV. Mell vs Tim is a PPV. Bud is still a free agent or maybe has a matching clause with PBC idk surely would be down for a sexy PPV fight if it makes sense.

Better off to sit on money & sign a ton of 2024 Olympic guys & free agents as they come than sign Canelo to fight 3 guys from lower weights. Shakur is a free agent in July still. They need to sign him & Devin (whos a free agent too) & they can do Tank vs Shakur vs Devin at their leisure. Teo sounds like hes trying to leave TR soon too. These are the emerging names, the future.

Comment

I think there are plenty of in house PPV fights but they aren't making them as often as they could be for the roster. I mean the fact they never planned for Canelo vs Benavidez says a ton to me about PBCs awful matchmaking. Like if you aren't gonna make that fight a part of a 3 fight deal why even sign Canelo to a 3 fight deal. But beyond that anything with Errol (if he wants to fight), Tank & David thats reasonable is a PPV. Plant vs Mall is a PPV. Mell vs Tim is a PPV. Bud is still a free agent or maybe has a matching clause with PBC idk surely would be down for a sexy PPV fight if it makes sense.

Better off to sit on money & sign a ton of 2024 Olympic guys & free agents as they come than sign Canelo to fight 3 guys from lower weights. Shakur is a free agent in July still. They need to sign him & Devin (whos a free agent too) & they can do Tank vs Shakur vs Devin at their leisure. Teo sounds like hes trying to leave TR soon too. These are the emerging names, the future.
                Now you're talking my talk pal! Teo is currently an unrestricted free agent. Devin and Shakur will be too after their next fights. If Tank, Shakur, Devin and maybe Ryan if he gets out of that contract were to go to PBC and we actually get them to fight each other over the next 18 months I'm quite sure Amazon would invest heavily into that. I just wish the ESPN deal ends with TR this year and Arum joins Al on Amazon. Then Oscar realizes that the only profitable PPV fights for him are against PBC fighters and he joins Amazon soon after!!!

Comment

Plant/Mall is marketable due to the slap, but I don't think it's a headliner. Mell/Tszyu for Undisputed could've been a headliner, but not now. Crawford's asking price went up after Spence, so is anyone actually willing to accept the risk? Davis may be the only PBC guy that can attract fighters to sign, but why would Haney/Teofimo do that if Davis won't move up? Haney, like Crawford, may be too expensive anyway.

I agree that they should stop allocating their budget towards Canelo, but I assume it's turning them a profit because how else could they justify it?

Comment

Every time these BS PPV news comes up, a piece of my heart gets warm and fuzzy that Amazon Prime Japan actually has "free" world title match boxing. As I often gloat, for a measly $4 USD a month (or $40 annually) gets me access to full Amazon Prime including Video, and everyone can watch "Prime Video Presents Live Boxing" series with no extra charge.

The last card that was available was February 24th, which had the Takuma Inoue / Junto Nakatani / Kosei Tanaka triple world title plus an 1R KO of Jonas Sultan by Riku Masuda. The next card that will be available is the May Inoue-Nery card, that also has Jason Moloney, Takuma Inoue and Seigo Yuri Akui quadruple world title.

Now THAT is that what you call "appealing to the casuals" in Japan.

Comment

Plant/Mall is marketable due to the slap, but I don't think it's a headliner. Mell/Tszyu for Undisputed could've been a headliner, but not now. Crawford's asking price went up after Spence, so is anyone actually willing to accept the risk? Haney, like Crawford, may be too expensive anyway.

I agree that they should stop allocating their budget towards Canelo, but I assume it's turning them a profit because how else could they justify it?
                      Its lost value, but you can't tell me ppl wouldn't be more hyped for that fight than Tim vs Keef. So again PBC isn't making the best fights & its frustrating as a boxing fan. As a guy who used to criticize TR all the time I love how TR is matching up their name guys all the time lately for a change. PBC should be doing that especially cuz they are doing more PPVs & they don't.

Hell they could sign Teo & Devin & have them fight each other. Tank can sell PPVs vs anyone but they are eventually gonna wanna throw him into a Big PPV & those are the Big PPV guys. So either Tank fights one or two of them or he'll get upset by some random dude no one knows or barely knows eventually. Personally I'd rather go for the bigger money fight than lose to a rando guy in 3yrs or whatever. This is just how boxing works. No one stays on top forever.

I agree Canelo vs anyone probably turns a profit, but the superior move is to match your best bet to beat Canelo, Benavidez imo, & help create your own PPV star who is on your team. They are already building up Benavidez as a PPV guy so the obvious move was to make The Fight not these bs fights with 154, 160 (with mental issues) & 147 guys which comically was the plan.

I don't trust PBCs moves these days. They have too many talented potential stars in limbo for far too long. Everyones less active these days, but it feels like PBC guys aren't even being moved well when they are fighting.

Comment

Working...
                      X