Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Has Saturday's PBC Card Primed Boxing for a New Broadcast Era?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    Did they lower the price?
    74.99 to 69.99

Comment

I’m excited about it. I hope pbc has the feel it did back in 2015 when it was fresh on the scene. And I hope Amazon has some creative input as well. Looking forward to seeing the broad cast team as well. And finally looking forward to seeing what should all be 4 action packed fights. Hope it works, boxing in the usa needs this
      DClefthook DClefthook likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post

Yes I do agree that 200 million subs globally will not all of a sudden becoming PPV buying boxing fans but I hope to gawd that the Amazon engineers are trying to figure out some mew tech to prevent people from stealing streams on THEIR FIRESTICK DAMMIT!!!
        It's only on Amazon in the USA anyways, so even if I wanted to buy it here in Canada it's on some website I've never even fking heard of. Good luck getting support if anything happens (And considering it's the first event, 95% chance something is going to happen. DAZN has been going for 5 years and their broadcasts are still chit)

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
          I’m excited about it. I hope pbc has the feel it did back in 2015 when it was fresh on the scene. And I hope Amazon has some creative input as well. Looking forward to seeing the broad cast team as well. And finally looking forward to seeing what should all be 4 action packed fights. Hope it works, boxing in the usa needs this
          if Amazon had creative input, I'd assume they would have had someone smart advise PBC to do the first event at a loss, and broadcast it for free. Nobody who doesn't watch boxing is going to see this for $70 and thing "sure, why not?" It's not even a popular division. Casuals don't know what the **** a super welterweight is.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Mouzone View Post
            Since I already have prime , I was like OK when I heard the news of PBC going to Amazon ...........Then they throw their 1st card on PPV , this is going into the streambin .They ,missed the mark with this throwing on it on prime video was the move...
            Completely with you. Then when I heard it was a PPV, I at least thought their Prime members would only have to pay half price or something. So, yeah.... I am confused by this business model they are setting up.

Comment

Amazon & Netflix getting into boxing is big news, but this first PBC card feels like a let down with PBC's roster.

Comment

Have they announced who the commentary team consists of?

Comment

I honestly don't mind this as ppv...for 25 CAD lol Other than that the stick can have it.

I think the fights are ok, but to sell for that amount you need some recognition with casuals. Lmao Thurman didn't bring that either.

In a mega event like they used to be, casuals didn't even care if the main event was a rollover ko because they knew both guys, or at least one guy really well. Nobody outside of boxing and family know who these guys are. And I kind of like both guys lol...as a boxing fan.

Comment

I like this card. In fact much better since the switch to Fundora.

Given that Amazon isn't putting any money towards the card and is just a vehicle for selling PPV's, this is definitely not a step forward for boxing. PBC is going to need a partner network willing to grow together with them. And if PBC can find a willing partner, then they need to make competitive fights and not just take their money with non-competitive garbage.
                    MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post

Yes I do agree that 200 million subs globally will not all of a sudden becoming PPV buying boxing fans but I hope to gawd that the Amazon engineers are trying to figure out some mew tech to prevent people from stealing streams on THEIR FIRESTICK DAMMIT!!!
                      The problem is it's not just the Firestick. Once something is being streamed, it can be restreamed. Anyone with a cellphone or computer who knows where to look can watch any PPV of any sport for free. Cracking down on it isn't going to result in more buys. Those people will just stop watching. Is that what boxing needs? A smaller pool of viewers? It just seems like boxing has painted itself into a corner. A fight like Tszyu vs late sub Fundora is interesting, but I think PBC is going to find out it's not $70 interesting.
                      buge buge likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X