Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Watched Lomachenko vs Haney 5 Times

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the scorecards were pretty crap on the fight, but thats boxing, some guys get good cards and some get bad cards

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

5 times. Geez.

Did your TV short out after all those tears?
      The bad decision leaves a sour taste, but that was one heck of a good fight for lovers of the sweet science, and well worth watching multiple times, even if I think they got the result wrong, for both guys. Haney earned a lot of respect from me for the excellent fight he gave Loma, although he then lost a bunch of it by categorically refusing to rematch Loma. If he'd agreed to immediately rematch Loma, even at a catchweight so he didn't have to risk the titles and didn't have to risk losing them on the scale, and then was able to win more convincingly, he'd have gotten WAY less hate.
      MikeyMike100 MikeyMike100 likes this.

Comment

If you've watched and scored a fight the same way 4 times already it could be considered a waste of time to give another try but you just had to make sure.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

weird framing as you could easily say haney gave away too many early rounds. i didnt see him diong anything good in the early rounds, saw him get outlanded with clean punches in fact. i think we are just finding reasons to justify the decision now. oh the early rounds werent completely dominant therefore loma gave them away? he didnt. he gave away most of the early rounds against lopez since he did nothing. that wasnt the case here. he boxed consistently throughout the first 11 rounds. if you gave him the earlier rounds like i did then of course he won a lot of the later ones too since he did better, if you didnt then you just werent paying attention and were giving haney pity rounds for not being dominated. we can call it the jacobs ggg dynamic. not really a credible way to score fights though. the judges were just bad. no suprise. if you judge by punches and boxing loma won. haney and his corner knew they lost just like ward knew he lost to kovalev. they couldnt even hide it because it was obvious. they were resigned to their fate but boxing politics bailed them out
          Man I'm not reading all that

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
            If you've watched and scored a fight the same way 4 times already it could be considered a waste of time to give another try but you just had to make sure.
            Decision aside, would you rewatch that fight? I thought it was a great fight, personally. Not like anyone is rewatching Shakur vs DLS, or Teo v Ortiz, for instance...

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
              Arum, I still don't know what exactly his play was, just like I'll never understand the Bradley robbery of Pac.
              Good point. I didn't get the Pac-Bradley thing either. I mean, I guess it gave Bradley a boost but then he just lost to Pac twice and never did a whole lot. He got that commentator position doe.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

Decision aside, would you rewatch that fight? I thought it was a great fight, personally. Not like anyone is rewatching Shakur vs DLS, or Teo v Ortiz, for instance...
                Just personal taste, I didn't think it was a great fight. Was better than the others you named for sure. But imo it was competitive because Haney's key gifts are his jab and movement and Loma took that away for much of the fight, but Loma himself didn't really show his best stuff until late on. It was a decent fight and they both showed skill, but both were more entertaining vs other opponents. How close/debated the fight was did make me interested in a rematch though but wasn't to be.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

5 times. Geez.

Did your TV short out after all those tears?
                  Haha thats funny. Im a big Lomachenko fan but I wasnt even fazed when he lost to Haney cause im so used to bad judging in boxing

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyMike100 View Post

Haha thats funny. Im a big Lomachenko fan but I wasnt even fazed when he lost to Haney cause im so used to bad judging in boxing
                    I don’t think Loma won. To compare that loss to Manny/Bradley or Sweet Pea/ Chavez or Sweet Pea/Ramirez is imo utterly ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by ImDominicanLipz View Post

Racist people never fail at sounding stupid

Loma lost against a Meixcan
                      Loma lost against a Honduran
                      Loma lost against an African American

The harsh reality is that Loma was a great amateur but lost to every elite fighter he fought in the pros. Deal with it

Gary Russell was really good

Comment

Working...
                      X