Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford to Retain WBO Welterweight Title Ahead of Junior Middleweight Title Tilt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Combat Talk Radio View Post

You’re missing the point.

Said before, I’ll say again. The fighters DO care about belts. Vast majority of them, it’s their dream to be a world champion.

They can’t realize that when guys are holding belts hostage after moving up and refuse to defend them.

Remember, when Crawford unified 140, he completely vacated 2 weeks later. Here we are almost a YEAR after unification and not only has he not indicated that he will vacate, only one org had the balls to strip him.
    Nah, I am not missing your point. In a vacuum with all things being equal, your point is valid. My point is as a FAN I do not care about the belts because these sanctioning bodies do not set and keep rules. They pick and choose who they enforce things, who they do not, and seem like they play drinking games to decide who is top contenders and who is not. You are saying Crawford is "holding belts hostage", but he isn't if the organizations allow him to. And most of them will because he is an elite fighter that draws eyeballs so he gets that privilege.

As a FAN, I want good fights. Crawford-Tszyu is a good fight. The belts will work themselves out. Would I prefer your world where he has to defend at least one of his bets within a set time period or drop them? Sure I would. Because Crawford-Tszyu is a fun fight without the belts and set rules would help me care about the three letter crews again. But that world does not exist.
    SweetPbfAli SweetPbfAli likes this.

Comment

Nobody cares about Crawford moving up.

The problem is him holding belts hostage while lying about rematches.

Because again, when Canelo did the same thing with Golovkin, NSB trashed him.

It’s the double standard that’s the issue.
      Sounds like Tszyu is going in a different route , gonna be fighting Spence next
      Is that on Bud also ?

Comment

The WBO seems to be loyal and want Crawford to be their champion.

While "that other sanctioning body" wants Spence back.

Give them what they want.

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post

Your point is valid.
          As edited, that’s all that matters. Because “At The End Of The Day “, none of you “fans” shrugged your shoulders when Canelo was holding belts hostage, you attacked him,

That’s the issue. Inconsistency in response.

We believe belts are meant to be defended, otherwise drop them. It’s that simple. Fighters that don’t are part of the problem and the reason the business won’t recover.

Comment

I always wanted a big company to consolidate a 1 champion fro each weight class

but hey I watch boxing anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Goatintheboat View Post
              I guess he needs the belt to jump the queue. But the winner could get injured so delaying the fight could be 9 months away. When's the mandatory? Who's the mandatory?
              Let's say that's the reason - maybe it is.

When Teixiera was WBO champ at 154 Crawford had a chance to move up and fight him; it basically was a guaranteed shot if he wanted it. That would have been an EASY W for him, because Patrick was and is nowhere in the class. That would have been a quality to make while waiting on Spence at 147, go up, make some easy money, get a belt at 154. Instead he fights the ghost of Kell Brook.

He would have still had that title to this day, and it would stopped Jermell from unifying. It would have allowed Crawford to fight Jermell for unification at 154 instead of fighting Shawn Porter for no title. That would have elevated his position x100 because nobody would expect him to smoke Jermell (but he would have). Which would have saved the boxing world from a pointless Canelo fight AND Canelo might have chased him down for a fight. Spence damn sure would have.

Comment

As edited, that’s all that matters. Because “At The End Of The Day “, none of you “fans” shrugged your shoulders when Canelo was holding belts hostage, you attacked him,

We believe belts are meant to be defended, otherwise drop them. It’s that simple. Fighters that don’t are part of the problem and the reason the business won’t recover.
                You need to stop quacking about inconsistency.

Did the WBO order a mandatory? No. Per their rules, he's allowed to fight, especially challenging the champion up a division. Like that's literally expressly what he's doing.

Is Canelo using his WBO belt to challenge Beterbiev? No. Not even a little bit the same situation.

And do you really think Bud fighting Giovanni Santillan is better than him fighting the 154 lb unified champ? Bud defended his belt 6 times since he won his belt in 2018, not counting the Spence fight. Spence only defended his belts 5 times. IBF mandatory only once in 4 years, which is why Ennis was still mandatory after the Bud fight, because Spence was holding his belts hostage. But you weren't whining about him. You don't get to talk about inconsistency. You're possibly the most inconsistent poster on here.

Comment

Dude, stop. I said in my original post I did not care Canelo kept the titles when he fought at 175. I said it in response to your post. I am anything BUT "inconsistent" even if you disagree with what I think. Than you lump me in with everyone else on this site ignoring what I said and break your own arm patting yourself on the back from high up on Mount Judgement after hacking out four words from my response. I even AGREED with your point, and you STILL misquoted and misrepresented me.

You are the absolute definition of "toxic fan". Not even willing to appreciate those of us who may not agree with you totally, but are willing to listen to your point and at least acknowledge your logic.

Suck the fun out of this site why don't ya. Geez.......

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post

Dude, stop. I said in my original post I did not care Canelo kept the titles when he fought at 175. I said it in response to your post. I am anything BUT "inconsistent" even if you disagree with what I think. Than you lump me in with everyone else on this site ignoring what I said and break your own arm patting yourself on the back from high up on Mount Judgement after hacking out four words from my response. I even AGREED with your point, and you STILL misquoted and misrepresented me.

You are the absolute definition of "toxic fan". Not even willing to appreciate those of us who may not agree with you totally, but are willing to listen to your point and at least acknowledge your logic.

Suck the fun out of this site why don't ya. Geez.......
                    The problem is, you didn't do that.

You said "in a vacuum". It's not in a vacuum.

FACT: Crawford has not defended ANY of the 147 titles he won from Spence.
                    FACT: Crawford COULD have fought Boots for the IBF and chose not to.
                    FACT: IBF stripped Crawford because he DUCKED Boots Ennis.
                    FACT: Canelo was never going to fight the man despite what NSB wants.

None of those are in dispute. So, and especially given #1, that's holding the belts hostage.

All I said was, VACATE. THE. MOTHER. FATHERING. TITLES!

I don't care who he fights. I don't. I care that he's holding them hostage to where nobody else is getting a chance. He refuses to fight any 147 pounder and is instead calling out guys that either won't fight him or took L's. Meanwhile, there are tons of guys at 147 he could be fighting that would happily fight him.

There is no rebuttal for what I just said. Even if you don't care about the belts, the guy is inactive and at this point will be inactive for a year, by CHOICE. Why are you okay with that?

There shouldn't any qualifying "but" to your response. The only right response is, "you're right, Crawford IS inactive, no it's NOT acceptable, yes he IS holding the belts hostage, yes that IS F'd up".

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

You need to stop quacking about inconsistency.

Did the WBO order a mandatory? No. Per their rules, he's allowed to fight, especially challenging the champion up a division. Like that's literally expressly what he's doing.

Is Canelo using his WBO belt to challenge Beterbiev? No. Not even a little bit the same situation.

And do you really think Bud fighting Giovanni Santillan is better than him fighting the 154 lb unified champ? Bud defended his belt 6 times since he won his belt in 2018, not counting the Spence fight. Spence only defended his belts 5 times. IBF mandatory only once in 4 years, which is why Ennis was still mandatory after the Bud fight, because Spence was holding his belts hostage. But you weren't whining about him. You don't get to talk about inconsistency. You're possibly the most inconsistent poster on here.
                      Nah, he consistently disparages Crawford.
                      greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X