Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford to Retain WBO Welterweight Title Ahead of Junior Middleweight Title Tilt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sammy7861992 View Post

We all know Mexicans are counted not as white , only white man in boxing that was half decent was fury and look how much the fat fraud was blown up and over hyped , and all he was is far giant with poor sloppy technique ,he was the most over rated fighter ever , black fighters don't get any credit and colour dominate sports , stop with ur racists chit
    lol thats funny

Boxingmean Boxingmean likes this.

Comment

Once again the whiny babies on the site are crying because Bud is chasing greatness again by showing his willingness to step up to 154 to win titles in yet another weight class.
      He doesn't need a fight to get his feet wet at 154 because he doesn't think Tsyzu or Fundora have anything for him to be afraid of.
      Sure the weight is a factor but Bud's boxing skills are miles ahead of both of them. I'm a big fan of Tsyzu because he's willing to consistently challenge himself and always calls out the top competition in his weight class but I think if he fights Bud it will look something like Saunders vs Lemieux where Saunders had Lemieux hitting air all night. Bud's timing and movement would be a nightmare for Tsyzu who is a flat footed puncher.

Comment

Folks.... can we all please just admit that all the sanctioning organizations make adjustments for their bell cows that normally they would not do for the rank and file boxers? If it is Canelo or Terrence, they will get treated better. If it is some little known 115 pound fighter from a country most people cannot find on a globe, they will be treated different. It is called "Hypocritical" and is why those of us who love this sport care less and less about the titles and more and more about who you fought.

I like this move for Crawford because he needs a true challenge. I could care not one bit if it is for a title. I do not care if it isn't. I like the fact Tszyu will get a big money fight as he has earned it by taking on all comers and calling out whoever is at the top. If it is for a title fine, but he has a chance to fight a pound for pound great and that is what is important to me. I did not care when Canelo moved up to fight Bivol and was not stripped, I do not care if Crawford moves up and is not stripped. Alvarez against Bivol was a great fight to look forward to. Crawford and Tszyu will be as well so long as Tszyu does not look ahead and he takes care of business.

Do people on this site REALLY still care about what worthless belt these leaches in these sanctioning organizations give to what fighter? I mean truly, do you?
        Last edited by landotter; 03-27-2024, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          Doesn't seem like a big deal. Vargas moved up to challenge for a belt and didn't get stripped, was able to move back down and defend it. Navarette has held onto his WBO title while he tries his luck in the division above. Charlo only got stripped when he moved up to face Canelo because he had overdue mandatories.

One of the few exceptions was when Rigo moved up to fight Loma, they stripped him of his SBW title even though he came back to the division for his next fight. But the boxing establishment seemed to really hate Rigo.

Belts becoming available isn't always a good thing. The belts just got freed up at 135 and as a consequence we got Stevenson vs de los Santos in a fight everybody hated, Navarette vs Berinchyk (neither of them are among the best in the division) and Loma vs Kambosos. 147 isn't that strong right now, extra belts won't lead to any great fights, I don't think having a random British guy face a shot American guy for a vacant WBO belt is gonna make the division any better.
          Because Rigo lost. It's in the WBO rules. That's why Tim would have been stripped of his title if he lost to Keith even though the belt wasn't on the line. WBO Champs can do non title fights, but if they lost they're stripped since it devalues the title and it's hard to justify calling them a world champ. I like it TBH
          crimsonfalcon07 crimsonfalcon07 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post
            Once again the whiny babies on the site are crying because Bud is chasing greatness again by showing his willingness to step up to 154 to win titles in yet another weight class.
            He doesn't need a fight to get his feet wet at 154 because he doesn't think Tsyzu or Fundora have anything for him to be afraid of.
            Sure the weight is a factor but Bud's boxing skills are miles ahead of both of them. I'm a big fan of Tsyzu because he's willing to consistently challenge himself and always calls out the top competition in his weight class but I think if he fights Bud it will look something like Saunders vs Lemieux where Saunders had Lemieux hitting air all night. Bud's timing and movement would be a nightmare for Tsyzu who is a flat footed puncher.
            Nobody cares about Crawford moving up.

The problem is him holding belts hostage while lying about rematches.

Because again, when Canelo did the same thing with Golovkin, NSB trashed him.

It’s the double standard that’s the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post
              Folks.... can we all please just admit that all the sanctioning organizations make adjustments for their bell cows that normally they would not do for the rank and file boxers? If it is Canelo or Terrence, they will get treated better. If it is some little known 115 pound fighter from a country most people cannot find on a globe, they will be treated different. It is called "Hypocritical" and is why those of us who love this sport care less and less about the titles and more and more about who you fought.

I like this move for Crawford because he needs a true challenge. I could care not one bit if it is for a title. I do not care if it isn't. I like the fact Tszyu will get a big money fight as he has earned it by taking on all comers and calling out whoever is at the top. If it is for a title fine, but he has a chance to fight a pound for pound great and that is what is important to me. I did not care when Canelo moved up to fight Bivol and was not stripped, I do not care if Crawford moves up and is not stripped. Alvarez against Bivol was a great fight to look forward to. Crawford and Tszyu will be as well so long as Tszyu does not look ahead and he takes care of business.

Do people on this site REALLY still care about what worthless belt these leaches in these sanctioning organizations give to what fighter? I mean truly, do you?
              You’re missing the point.

Said before, I’ll say again. The fighters DO care about belts. Vast majority of them, it’s their dream to be a world champion.

They can’t realize that when guys are holding belts hostage after moving up and refuse to defend them.

Remember, when Crawford unified 140, he completely vacated 2 weeks later. Here we are almost a YEAR after unification and not only has he not indicated that he will vacate, only one org had the balls to strip him.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Talk Radio View Post

You're one to talk about double standards...

Comment

Lol
                  You still sad over Crawford beating your boy Spence
                  Do tell when has Crawford lied about the Spence rematch?
                  Post the link.....
                  MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

Keeping options open if the protected b!tch club ranks out and tells Timmy to swerve Bud for
                    One-eyed Willie

Comment

Lying about rematches ?
                      Seriously , that is what your going with
                      Bud really gets you no sleep
                      And you go around spreading this chit
                      That’s what I call double standards
                      Leicesterage , your eyes are turning brown cause your so full of chit
                      Smfh

Comment

Working...
                      X