No announcement yet.

Spence and James

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spence and James

Just read that the news is a split from trainer Derrick James for Errol Spence
    Not sure what to make of this although we all seen the Bud fight where there was no plan B or C
    I would like to see Spence hook up with Garcia

no plan b? what is plan b suppose to be? give spence a handgun so he can shoot TC?

TC was clearly the better fighter, a plan b,c,d, will not change anything... when fans say shiiet like "they didnt even have a plan b" is just funny to me... like derrick wasnt giving spence instructions between rounds...

TC was just the better fighter so whatever adjustment that spence tried to do, it wasnt enough for TC.

Comment

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post
      no plan b? what is plan b suppose to be? give spence a handgun so he can shoot TC?

TC was clearly the better fighter, a plan b,c,d, will not change anything... when fans say shiiet like "they didnt even have a plan b" is just funny to me... like derrick wasnt giving spence instructions between rounds...

TC was just the better fighter so whatever adjustment that spence tried to do, it wasnt enough for TC.
      He might of been better off with a gun
      Just sayin’
      IceTrayDaGang IceTrayDaGang likes this.

Comment

Honestly speaking , I didn’t see any adjustments from Spence in this fight
        Bud was stronger in all aspects of the game but still didn’t notice Errol trying to do anything different from one round to the other

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
          Just read that the news is a split from trainer Derrick James for Errol Spence
          Not sure what to make of this although we all seen the Bud fight where there was no plan B or C
          I would like to see Spence hook up with Garcia
          TBH I'm not sure there COULD have been a plan B or C, because the issue didn't look like a strategic issue. He was just plain outclassed, at least on the night, by a faster and more skilled man. Even if it were a timing issue as Spence claimed, there's not much to be done plan-wise. What were they going to do, put Spence outboxing on the back foot to give him more time to try to get the timing down? Pretty much impossible to change longstanding fight style mid fight, especially for a fighter like Spence, especially when he's taking the kind of damage he was so quickly.

Only thing that I can really think of is for him to work on angles and positional defense. Maybe Andy Lee has some magic for him like he's been working with Parker? But it's always questionable splitting from a really long time trainer who knows you best. Unless they're really actually lacking something fundamental themselves, they're still probably going to be more efficient at addressing the lack in the fighter.
          IceTrayDaGang IceTrayDaGang likes this.

Comment

How about James work with his guy to develop the ability to parry, slip or block a jab? More head movement? Something. Anything.

MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

TBH I'm not sure there COULD have been a plan B or C, because the issue didn't look like a strategic issue. He was just plain outclassed, at least on the night, by a faster and more skilled man. Even if it were a timing issue as Spence claimed, there's not much to be done plan-wise. What were they going to do, put Spence outboxing on the back foot to give him more time to try to get the timing down? Pretty much impossible to change longstanding fight style mid fight, especially for a fighter like Spence, especially when he's taking the kind of damage he was so quickly.

Only thing that I can really think of is for him to work on angles and positional defense. Maybe Andy Lee has some magic for him like he's been working with Parker? But it's always questionable splitting from a really long time trainer who knows you best. Unless they're really actually lacking something fundamental themselves, they're still probably going to be more efficient at addressing the lack in the fighter.
              Your definitely right about it being hard to change style during fight
              But the fact that Spence was getting tagged badly by the right and the fact that he couldn’t counter or time his opponent says much about his preparation and that’s on his trainer
              To my recollection , they thought that Spence would be the bigger fighter in all senses possible
              Instead it was Bud who was hitting harder and bullying Errol from the get go
              Spence also didn’t have a clue how to hold or smother Bud’s work , just stood there and took the bulk of it

Comment

Who didn't see this coming? You don't get beat like that and not change something that you can blame the loss on

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Coleman View Post

How about James work with his guy to develop the ability to parry, slip or block a jab? More head movement? Something. Anything.
                  are you telling me that a trainer like james doesnt teach this type of stuff? or is the fighter just not listening or cant execute the game plan?

it's a lot easier to sit here and be like "spence should have done this"... HE COULDNT!!!! if it's that easy then every fighter out there would be winning all their fights by having a "plan b"... sometimes, a plan z cant save you.
                  Last edited by IceTrayDaGang; 03-26-2024, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

Your definitely right about it being hard to change style during fight
                    But the fact that Spence was getting tagged badly by the right and the fact that he couldn’t counter or time his opponent says much about his preparation and that’s on his trainer
                    To my recollection , they thought that Spence would be the bigger fighter in all senses possible
                    Instead it was Bud who was hitting harder and bullying Errol from the get go
                    Spence also didn’t have a clue how to hold or smother Bud’s work , just stood there and took the bulk of it
                    i disagree... TC is the better fighter. it's like ya asking for a miracle to happen. it's like if i play basketball 1on1 with someone who is clearly better than me, it's not gonna help me if i have a plan c or d, the other guy is just better.

Comment

Working...
                    X