Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Benavidez vs Gvozdyk, Tough fight for Bena.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gvozdyk - Benavidez is 50-50.

I just love the logic: Benavidez beat Plant and Andrade at 1668...so he will destroy ex light heavy champion, lol...

Benavidez hype could be over after Gvozdyk fight. This is a tough one.

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post

thing about authur, i watched a lot of his recent fights and he doesnt get tired, he just keeps coming, he might be old but his stamina is unreal. bivol has good stamina too but hes also been hurt before, if joe smith can wobble him in the later rounds i dont see why author cant and author wont tire like smith did plus hes more accurate.
      Bivol makes you work even when you would prefer to take some rest. Beterbiev will find out this.

Yes, Beterbiev is everything you say, but he has fought easy statue targets so far. Bivol will not just stand there getting hit all nigh.

Bivol moves, changes the rhythm all the time. Ok, Beterbiev will keep coming, but he will get countered all the time, if he becomes too brave.

Bivol`s opponents usually fight in survival mode, trying just to lose on points. Beterbiev`s usuall opponent usually tried to kill him. Isn`t that interesting?

That is why I find this fight so interesting. Beterbiev is the first opponent that will likely try to KO Bivol and Bivol is the first opponent that will likely try to win the decision against Beterbiev.

Bivol usually doesn`t hurt his opponents, but if Beterbiev jumps on him, I can see that scenario also. Styles make the fights.

Remember, Bivol is a counter -puncher. If Beterbiev becomes too brave, we could see him in a rude awakening after the fight. Counter-punchers just love aggressive guys.
      Last edited by JakeTheBoxer; 03-26-2024, 06:12 AM.
      JosephHH Joseph likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle01 View Post

But you don't know why. If you listened to his interview, he gave the reason. During covid he got involved in business interests and that is why he took a break from boxing.
        Yeah, just decided to "take a break" and miss 4 years of his prime because of business interests.

I'm sure he also spent 3 days in the hospital after the fight because he was tired and wanted a rest.
        MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

I'd say the Gvozdyk that faced Beterbiev would be no worse than even money here but what Gvozdyk is this?

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
            I'd say the Gvozdyk that faced Beterbiev would be no worse than even money here but what Gvozdyk is this?
            33 year old Nail before the Beterbiev fight, I'd 100% have money on Nail.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle01 View Post

Whats with this myth he took some epic beating from Beterbiev? He was going fine, until he was stopped with a bunch of rabbit shots, and went down to a knee, then instantly stood up. He is not a major beating at all, just an average tko. He is a fresh 37 year old with only 21 pro fights. No need for excuses. Plant took a much more worse beating vs Benavidez.
              He got beaten into taking a knee

that is worse than 1 punch KOed
              elfag elfag likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Haka View Post
                They have set up Benavidez to fall with Gvozdyk . Gvoz is fundamentally a really good boxer with an extensive amateur background, and has good offensive. Benavidez is technically not as good especially at 175 where he can't rely on his size anymore.

What happens next ? Gvoz and Canelo already know eachother of their time sparring against one another. Then they will try to make the fight with Gvoz where backdoor deals get made beforehand. Both walk away with millions in a stinker.
                - - Bena a natural 250lb kid will have to stay on a reduction diet to make 175. It's a good tactic for him to get Canelo to come up and fight for a LH title that one of the orgs strips from Beter.

Gvoz is talented, but Loony Teddy ruined him, so it remains to be seen if he's competitive.
                Haka Haka likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

Bivol makes you work even when you would prefer to take some rest. Beterbiev will find out this.

Yes, Beterbiev is everything you say, but he has fought easy statue targets so far. Bivol will not just stand there getting hit all nigh.

Bivol moves, changes the rhythm all the time. Ok, Beterbiev will keep coming, but he will get countered all the time, if he becomes too brave.

Bivol`s opponents usually fight in survival mode, trying just to lose on points. Beterbiev`s usuall opponent usually tried to kill him. Isn`t that interesting?

That is why I find this fight so interesting. Beterbiev is the first opponent that will likely try to KO Bivol and Bivol is the first opponent that will likely try to win the decision against Beterbiev.

Bivol usually doesn`t hurt his opponents, but if Beterbiev jumps on him, I can see that scenario also. Styles make the fights.

Remember, Bivol is a counter -puncher. If Beterbiev becomes too brave, we could see him in a rude awakening after the fight. Counter-punchers just love aggressive guys.
                  I’m glad you’ve changed your pick that Bivol would knock Artur out if Beterbiev got to aggressive
                  This coming from a guy who hasn’t knocked someone out since 2018
                  So you just spit chit out and see what sticks ; got it
                  YDKSAB

Comment

Working...
                  X