Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Atlas Argues That Canelo Must Fight Benavidez To Be Rated Best Super Middleweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Benavidez must fight Morrell to be rated the best SMW.
    Canelo is doing to Benavidez what the latter is doing to Morrell.
    They're all duckers.

Comment

Applied pressure from all angles! Canelo said he needs $150M to fight Benavidez! Said he wasn't fighting Mexicans, but chose Munguia! That's all you need to know!

Comment

Benavidez needs to be Morrell and punch his Canelo ticket

Comment

Canelo Alvarez Vs. David Benavidez: Still A Possibility?
          By Tim Compton - 03/24/2024​

Former Showtime executive Stephen Espinoza believes a fight between Canelo Alvarez and David Benavidez is still possible after the Mexican star faces Jaime Munguia on May 4th.Espinoza, who is working with Premier Boxing Champions now, says they’ll start figuring it out a week after Canelo defends his undisputed super middleweight championship against Munguia on May 4th in their Amazon Prime and DAZN PPV clash in Las Vegas.

The question is where will PBC get the $150-200 million that Canelo wants for him to entertain the idea of fighting Benavidez because that kind of dough is likely outside of PBC’s financial reach.

Saudi promoter Turki Alalshikh reportedly is going in another direction with Benavidez, wanting to match him against the winner of the June 1st fight between IBF/WBC/WBO light heavyweight champion Artur Beterbiev and WBC champ Dmitry Bivol rather than meeting Canelo’s asking price of 150-200 million.

Espinoza Understands Canelo’s Focus

“I wouldn’t say he’s never going to fight David Benavidez. I don’t believe that. I still have faith that he’s very much considering that,” said former Showtime executive Stephen Espinoza to Fight Hub TV’s YouTube channel about Canelo Alvarez.

With Espinoza now working with PBC, it makes sense for him to want Canelo to fight the PBC-managed Benavidez because it’s a match that would be shown on Amazon Prime, and would provide the huge new platform a great fight, creating a good impression on them.

Many boxing fans believe that Showtime dumped boxing due to the lackluster events that PBC put on. One was Benavidez against a washed-looking 35-year-old Demetrius Andrade last December on PPV. That fight wasn’t even mildly entertaining.

“That’s how I would be too,’ said Espinoza when told that Canelo is very dismissive about a fight against Benavidez. “Everybody knows it’s there, and everybody knows how attractive it is. Right now, no one is talking about it or thinking about it.

Benavidez in the Conversation

“He’s [Canelo] got a fight to do on May 4th, but a week or two later, we’ll start figuring it out. So, at that point, I think Benavidez will be very much in the conversation,” said Espinoza.

It’s always nice to hope that Canelo will fight Benavidez, but Espinoza and PBC need to be realistic. Instead of wasting time on this, they need to find viable options for Canelo to encourage him to continue fighting on PBC.

As for Benavidez, matching him against David Morrell Jr. would be a good start because that would be the first quality opponent he’s faced that wasn’t old or much smaller than him. Either that or move Benavidez up to cruiserweight to take on Jai Opetaia.

“We’ll see,” said Espinoza when told that Terence Crawford is too far out from a fight against Canelo due to the weight. “I’ll give him [Crawford] the benefit of the doubt given his track record because he has a track record of 12+ years at the top level of fighting the toughest fights available. So, I don’t think that’ll change now,” said Espinoza.
          ​​
          https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-new...ibility/275983

Even his Royal Highness knows $150-200M is some bull****! ​

Comment

Well Nell was no1 168. But someone always comes along. Benny is that guy.

Comment

Canelo is the only undisputed champion ever where there’s a legitimate dispute. The reason is , he’s walking around with a title that the previous champion never lost in the ring, and that previous champion is still an undefeated top fighter in that division. I understand Benavidez getting stripped was his fault but canelo knew exactly what he was doing as he petitioned for that title merely days after it became vacant. He had no interest in that title or wanting to become undisputed until he knew Benavidez wouldn’t be someone he’d have to face to accomplish it. No disrespect to smith, Saunders and plant, but real boxing fans know that those guys didn’t match up to Benavidez in terms of being a threat to canelo. I honestly can’t think of a bigger case of ducking than what we’re witnessing with canelo right now.

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

I'm trying to figure out what makes Benny so great....
                If you have no direct answer (IE Deflecting away from Benny), you needn't bother.

Benny is nothing yet Pirog's son doesn't want it...

Comment

Originally posted by Pago007 View Post
                  Benavidez needs to be Morrell and punch his Canelo ticket
                  Morell hasn't done nothing to get the Benavidez fight

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

I'm trying to figure out what makes Benny so great....
                    If you have no direct answer (IE Deflecting away from Benny), you needn't bother.
                    They'll never answer that bro simply cause Benny isn't really that great ,lost his belts TWICE for reasons we all know by now, his best win is Plant who he couldn't stop and now instead of sticking around at 168 to fight Morrell or any other top 10 he moves up to fight a beaten amd soften up version of Gvozdyk who comes from beating 3 no hopers since he got completely destroyed and semi retired by Beterbiev, and dont be surprised if he actually loses that one. No more weight bullying.
                    BodyBagz BodyBagz likes this.

Comment

Everytime the name Benavidez is mentioned, Canelo starts sucking a ba-ba, and sticks his thumb way up his ass. He'll say, "I don't wanna fight another Mexican", "who has he fought?", "he brings nothing but 25 extra pounds", "I'll fight him tomorrow for $200 million".
                      The jig is up now. Even the slowww people now understand that Canelo is ducking Benavidez. Some are still hesitant to actually say it though. They say, "It kinda looks like Canelo is ducking..." No mofo, he IS DUCKING, and has BEEN DUCKING for YEARS. Hopping around weight divisions to fight a drunk washed up Kovalev, waiting out GGG for years hoping to age him out, fighting Euro punching bags like the Smith Brothers, Avni Yildirim, John Ryder, Rocky Fielding, slowww Mexican punching bags like og kush Chavez jr and Perro Angulo, small guys moving up for a payday like Amir "King Cuckold" Khan and lion cub Charlo, feather fists like Plant and BJob Saunders, Elder statesmen like Danny Jacobs, "Pink Crocs kiss his homie in the mouth" Cotto, and Grand Daddy Shane. When Canelo personally hand picked all these guys, he did so knowing that he had every advantage, including either age, weight, power, skill, etc. The only mistake he made in his carefully guided career is when he chose Dimitry " The Cherry Pick From Hell" Bivol, who he assumed would gas out late and who he thought would basically run from him. Bivol put fists on faces that night, kicked his red ass real good. Canelo don't want no more. What happened to VIVA MEXICO and MEXICANS DON'T F. CK AROUND?? Where is the revenge for Mexico? Every past Mexican lose and they do it again and again to get the win back and to bring glory to Mexico. Canelo is a PUTO though. And he'll fight these cherry picks as long as he can, as long as he can avoid Benavidez.
                      Last edited by archiemoore1; 03-25-2024, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X