No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Opponents Set For Returns Of Jose Ramirez And Vergil Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post

This is GBP and PBC working together. Oscar probably got Al to throw him a bone for helping to make the Munguia fight so Al threw him two B level opps. It's only a matter of time, probably 2025, before Oscar is signed exclusively to Amazon and PBC vs GBP is a regular thang thang!!
    Lmao now you haymonites begging to work with Golden boy lmfao losers
    GoldenBackHand GoldenBackHand likes this.

Comment

Terrible, just plain awful

Comment

Can't understand such bad matchmaking. Ortiz is a great talent and it's being wasted.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
          Considering how long Ortiz was out the ring prior to his last fight and how that fight lasted less than a round, Golden Boy should aimed for a more durable opponent. Dulorme among his peers is a bit of a glass cannon.
          I totally agree that it’s weak opposition but in defence of Ortiz , following his last fight which lasted seconds , he hasn’t fought in over two years
          I can give him a pass just cause his last fight wasn’t a fight and before that it was two years out of ring
          I don’t think Dulorme will actually last much more than three rounds cause like you said he definitely is a glass cannon

Comment

Very bad match making for Ortiz. Dulorme is a blown up 140lb fighter who has been pretty washed for years.. it's insane how they can't get any fighter in atleast the top 20-25 at 154 to fight Ortiz so they have drag up older faded fighters from lower weights classes who can't take a punch. I get he was out the ring a while and hasn't had much ring time but come on they should be doing better. Id of said someone like JJ metcalfe who's the IBO champion or something like that a guy who's gonna go a few rounds
            Last edited by Boxing2695; 03-24-2024, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

I totally agree that it’s weak opposition but in defence of Ortiz , following his last fight which lasted seconds , he hasn’t fought in over two years
              I can give him a pass just cause his last fight wasn’t a fight and before that it was two years out of ring
              I don’t think Dulorme will actually last much more than three rounds cause like you said he definitely is a glass cannon
              Has Dulorme ever fought at 154 before? I don't think he has. The matchmakers couldn't at least get Ortiz a legit junior middleweight?

Comment

Originally posted by Tag, You're Hit View Post

Has Dulorme ever fought at 154 before? I don't think he has. The matchmakers couldn't at least get Ortiz a legit junior middleweight?
                Your right
                I was convinced he did fight before at 154
                Oh well ? This just getting worse and worse lol

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

Your right
                  I was convinced he did fight before at 154
                  Oh well ? This just getting worse and worse lol
                  I don't think the Barthelemy choice is that bad given Ramirez's inactivity. And I'd rather guys stay active versus wait because inactivity is a bad idea (I'm talkin' 'bout you, Keith Thurman).

Comment

Originally posted by Tag, You're Hit View Post

I don't think the Barthelemy choice is that bad given Ramirez's inactivity. And I'd rather guys stay active versus wait because inactivity is a bad idea (I'm talkin' 'bout you, Keith Thurman).
                    It is what it is
                    Barthelemy is always a guy who will give Ramirez some rounds

Comment

Ortiz needs to be in with a guy like Castano at this point in his career Ortiz turns 27 tomorrow and we all know how fast those late 20s go by at this rate he'll be 30ish before he gets a meaningful fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X