Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Queensberry-Matchroom 5 vs. 5 Weight Class Picks Revealed For June 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that Beterbiev will weirdly represent Queensberry and Wilder will even more weirdly be representing Matchroom.

I get the impression the Saudi’s seen what Frank and Eddie were proposing and felt there wasn’t enough star power. While fights like Ball-Warrington and Smith-Yarde create domestic buzz, they lack appeal internationally​​​​​​.

I think we get:

Beterbiev-Bivol
    Wilder-Zhang
    Dubois-Hrgovic
    Ball-Ford
    Sheeraz-Cash/Ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      I think that Beterbiev will weirdly represent Queensberry and Wilder will even more weirdly be representing Matchroom.

I get the impression the Saudi’s seen what Frank and Eddie were proposing and felt there wasn’t enough star power. While fights like Ball-Warrington and Smith-Yarde create domestic buzz, they lack appeal internationally​​​​​​.

I think we get:

Beterbiev-Bivol
      Wilder-Zhang
      Dubois-Hrgovic
      Ball-Ford
      Sheeraz-Cash/Ammo.
      Don't know about you but if you watched the announcment video with Frank, Eddie and Turki it seemed that final "Heavyweight" reveal was very staged and both of them clearly know it's going to be Wilder-Zhang.

Eddie - "Can I recruit someone else in the next week?" Turki - "Yes you can"

Maybe I'm being a skeptic but that seemed very Z-List actor esque.

Big fan of the Ball-Ford fight. In fact all those fights are pretty good.
      Last edited by IronDanHamza; 03-24-2024, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Don't know about you but if you watched the announcment video with Frank, Eddie and Turki it seemed that final "Heavyweight" reveal was very staged and both of them clearly know it's going to be Wilder-Zhang.

Eddie - "Can I recruit someone else in the next week?" Turki - "Yes you can"

Maybe I'm being a skeptic but that seemed very Z-List actor esque.
        Nah I haven’t seen it yet. I find all these Saudi promo’s cringey as f*** tbh.

It’s a bit like WWE meets boxing.
        gooderz84 gooderz84 likes this.

Comment

Nah I haven’t seen it yet. I find all these Saudi promo’s cringey as f*** tbh.

It’s a bit like WWE meets boxing.
          Give it a watch when you can Seems very clear to me. Obviously all of these fights are pre signed, despite the narrative being everyone finds out on the day at the presser.

I thought the Fury-Usyk promo was cool but the Street Fighter one I thought was terrible I'm a sucker though for the whole visuals and build up. I'll get invested in a terrible fight because of the manufactured trash talk
          Eff Pandas Eff Pandas likes this.

Comment

Give it a watch when you can Seems very clear to me. Obviously all of these fights are pre signed, despite the narrative being everyone finds out on the day at the presser.

I thought the Fury-Usyk promo was cool but the Street Fighter one I thought was terrible I'm a sucker though for the whole visuals and build up. I'll get invested in a terrible fight because of the manufactured trash talk
            Yeah I’ll give it a watch, I suspect the Saudi’s said we want fighter A against fighter B, and Warren and Hearn just did as they were told essentially.

I do occasionally tbf, I remember being crazily hyped for Broner-Malignaggi despite knowing it would be a stinker of a fight stylistically. It has to feel genuine though, whereas with these Saudi shows everyone just seems so happy just to be there cause of the money involved.

Comment

Yeah I’ll give it a watch, I suspect the Saudi’s said we want fighter A against fighter B, and Warren and Hearn just did as they were told essentially.

I do occasionally tbf, I remember being crazily hyped for Broner-Malignaggi despite knowing it would be a stinker of a fight stylistically. It has to feel genuine though, whereas with these Saudi shows everyone just seems so happy just to be there cause of the money involved.
              I really like Nick Ball-Ray Ford.

I like all those proposed fights to be fair.
              Eff Pandas Eff Pandas likes this.

Comment

I really like Nick Ball-Ray Ford.

I like all those proposed fights to be fair.
                It’s another very strong card. I’m not a fan of big fights going to Saudi but it’s better than the big fights not happening at all.

If guys like Ball, Sheeraz etc can get opportunities they wouldn’t have got in the UK, I fully support that too.

Comment

Heavy Weight boxing or a well planned Heist
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkQQS5ejO-c&t=4s

Comment

Dubois vs Hirgovic
                    Zhang vs Wilder
                    Richardson vs ??? (not Yarde)
                    Ammo vs Sheeraz
                    Ball vs Raymond Ford[

QUOTE=Boxing2695;n32210049]Whyte vs Joyce
                    Dubois vs Hgorvic
                    Smith vs Yarde
                    Ammo vs Sheeraz
                    Ball vs Warrington[/QUOTE]

Comment

I think we get:

Beterbiev-Bivol
                      Wilder-Zhang
                      Dubois-Hrgovic
                      Ball-Ford
                      Sheeraz-Cash/Ammo.
                      I think you’re right on the money about Turk putting his foot down and not allowing Hearn and Warren to put filler-style fights on the 5 v 5 segment.

I’d be fine with your predicted card, too.

Comment

Working...
                      X