Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Queensberry-Matchroom 5 vs. 5 Weight Class Picks Revealed For June 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
    Ford vs Ball is a very good fight, as is Sheeraz vs Williams.

i like Dubois vs Hrgovic too, i think Hrgovic has failed to impress in the past couple of years and Dubois finally showed a bit of grit v Miller and he did knock out Usyk with a body shot which he faked as low, so he's dangerous. That's an interesting fight.

Zhang v Wilder is what it is. Wilder is shot to bits but has a big punch and Zhang is a big overhyped lummox with a big punch.

Not bothered about Hutchinson vs Spider Richards, feels like it barely belongs on the card. They picked the weights a while ago and it seems that they probably had hopes their better 175 guys would fight but didn't , so they had to cobble together any 175 fight they could. Its not a bad fight, just a bit out of place

Still an excellent card though all in all. King Turkey delivering very good cards.
    That would've made more sense if the 5v5 was in the UK. It's a shame Yarde and Smith weren't available.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

That would've made more sense if the 5v5 was in the UK. It's a shame Yarde and Smith weren't available.
      I think they were banking on those being available when they chose the weight divisions about a month ago but they weren't.

I can't imagine they chose 175 originally with the idea of bringing Hutchinson and Richards to the table.

I think it's a very very good cards all in all when you look at other undercards in comparison. It'll only take a couple of pull outs to make it suffer though.
      Last edited by deathofaclown; 04-15-2024, 02:09 PM.
      kiaba360 kiaba360 likes this.

Comment

Because we have seen Hrgovic and Zhang and it wasn't a particularly exciting fight

it was a pretty mediocre fight that could have gone either way and Hrgovic got the decisions but nobody was calling for to see that fight again because it wasn't that good, so why do we need it now ?

much prefer to see these new fights
        I didn't say we need to see it, but its preferable imo to the matchups we got. hrgovic dubois will be a stinker and zhang v wilder will be a sloppy mess that no one needs to see. Dubois knocking out Wilder makes more sense, out with the old in with the new.

I would go as far as too say considering the shockickly awful performances by both zhang and wilder in their last fights, that no one would batter an eyelid if both retired.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post

I didn't say we need to see it, but its preferable imo to the matchups we got. hrgovic dubois will be a stinker and zhang v wilder will be a sloppy mess that no one needs to see. Dubois knocking out Wilder makes more sense, out with the old in with the new.

I would go as far as too say considering the shockickly awful performances by both zhang and wilder in their last fights, that no one would batter an eyelid if both retired.
          I'd prefer Dubois/Wilder too, but Dubois/Hrgovic is sensible matchmaking from a rankings standpoint. I really don't like what Zhang/Wilder could potentially turn into, but I understand its value. This might be the last chance for both guys, so let's cross our fingers that they leave it all in the ring. It's also telling that Hearn chose Wilder to be the 'team captain', so he's probably hoping Wilder can get through this and then meet AJ at Wembley in September.
          mlac mlac likes this.

Comment

Hearn chose Wilder to be the 'team captain', so he's probably hoping Wilder can get through this and then meet AJ at Wembley in September.
            Thats a good point

Hearn pretty much said last week that there's a little chance of Fury versus Joshua this year if Fury beats Usyk because he expects them do the rematch because those too much money for them not exercise the clause. Plus the Saudis want Fury vs AJ in Saudi eventually.

AJ v Wilder makes sense for that big Wembley event the Saudis are funding. Its not really a great fight at this point, but they're big names, and if Wilder flattens Zhang then at least they can hype Wilder's danger again.

If Dubois beats Hrgovic, i think AJ v Dubois becomes a big fight too, so that could be an option for September if Wilder doesn't deliver.
            Last edited by deathofaclown; 04-15-2024, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Thats a good point

Hearn pretty much said last week that there's a little chance of Fury versus Joshua this year if Fury beats Usyk because he expects them do the rematch because those too much money for them not exercise the clause. Plus the Saudis want Fury vs AJ in Saudi eventually.

AJ v Wilder makes sense for that big Wembley event the Saudis are funding. Its not really a great fight at this point, but they're big names, and if Wilder flattens Zhang then at least they can hype Wilder's danger again.

If Dubois beats Hrgovic, i think AJ v Dubois becomes a big fight too, so that could be an option for September if Wilder doesn't deliver.
              From Matchroom's perspective, I would think that Wilder/Dubois are more preferable for a Wembley main event than Zhang/Hrgovic. Hrgovic really needs a stand-out performance here.

Comment

I like Spider Richards. he gave Bivol a hell of the fight. Buatsi and Azeez didn`t even dare to try.. Good to see Richards here.

Comment

I can see Dubois quitting again here. Hrgovic is no joke. I expect Hrgovic to look much better than against Zhang and that Australian guy. It is hard to look great against southpaws.

I think Hrgovic will not have a hard time here.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

I can see Dubois quitting again here. Hrgovic is no joke. I expect Hrgovic to look much better than against Zhang and that Australian guy. It is hard to look great against southpaws.

I think Hrgovic will not have a hard time here.
                    I'm looking forward to that one

I think it's fair to say Hrgovic's performances in his career so far haven't really shown he's as good as people say. He's been a bit lacklustre.

we know Dubois is a bit of a quitter but I think its still a good chance for Hrgovic to look good. I think he needs a good performance here if he wants to start getting some real traction and get people interested.

I favour Hrgovic by a mid to late stoppage. I could see Dubois having a few good moments early but get worn down.

Comment

From Matchroom's perspective, I would think that Wilder/Dubois are more preferable for a Wembley main event than Zhang/Hrgovic. Hrgovic really needs a stand-out performance here.
                      What the hell has Dubois done in his career? Got KO-d by Joyce and Usyk?

After Hrgovic destroys him , he should be forgotten. How is tat very average heavyweight "a name" in Uk?

Comment

Working...
                      X