No announcement yet.

I don`t think Canelo is important for Turki

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don`t think Canelo is important for Turki

Turki already has Beterbiev, Bivol and Opetaia on his list, now Benavidez is mentioned as future opponent for Bivol - Beterbiev winner.

I think Canelo has overrated his star power. He is not a heavyweight and he is not a Muslim. he can`t just demand some crazy money from Saudis.

Canelo is the biggest star in the States, but honestly, i don`t think Saudis see him as bigger than Joshua or Fury.

His excellency does not like to be undermined and he is the one throwing money around
    So you either play his play or your nuked from the loot
    Nothing to do with liking anybody , it’s all about power
    This is his excellency flexing his power
    , says fugh off to two fighters who financially make sense but wanna be recognized as the power , which is just not gonna happen

Comment

Yeah I feel like Canelo fans have a very different perception of him to the rest of the world. It's as if they think he's the Mayweather of this era. Canelo has tried to follow the Floyd model but he can't do that anymore.

Floyd always won, and always looked skilful even in his close fights. People who liked excellence became fans of his and bought his PPVs. People who disliked him wanted to see him get beat so bought his PPVs.

But Canelo got schooled by Bivol so fans of excellence aren't going to be that into his fights. People who dislike Canelo and want to see him lose can just rewatch the Bivol fight. They aren't going to open their wallet hope he gets beat by cherry picked Munguia or Berlanga.

PBC were unwilling to do a Canelo-Jermall fight. That says a lot about Canelo's declining influence. A few years ago, all the top promoters would've been happy to pay him big money for a low-risk in-house fight like that. His popularity will continue to decline due if he carries on with safe fights while everyone in boxing is asking why he won't face Benavidez.

Comment

It seems clear Saudis see the HWs as the premier division, like most of us used to but don't really anymore.

I also think they, as crazy rich mfers for awhile, probably got some ability to see mfers who just want their money. And I predict Rey Vargas won't see Saudi again as a boxer for his post-fight interview where he brought up the money he'd need for a rematch with Nick Ball. That's one they made a bad call on altho maybe he just showed one version of himself before & then showed his true self later. And Canelo basically did the same thing Rey did minus directing it at Saudi ppl specifically so yea even if they did wanna see him there I expect they don't anymore or don't want to see him as much as they did.

The cool thing few mention with Turki is he seems like a legit boxing fan so the same stuff that would turn off most of the hardcore fans here are likely to be things that do the same to him.
        Last edited by Eff Pandas; 03-24-2024, 12:16 PM.
        El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

I don't think so either. The last few Alvarez fights have been duds. They want action, excitement, drama.
          eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

Nobody outside of a subset group of Mexicans like him. He's been playing the Floyd game for years in either, PEDs, selection of judges and or timing the fighters he has fought and effectively served it up to his Mexican fans.

Ask yourself a question: how many non Mexican fans does Canelo have?

Of course HE Al Turki doesn't like Canelo, why would he? He only likes proper champions, those are willing to fight. just watch 5.30 to 6.30 in this interview.. https://youtu.be/oYxUCAXaCI8?si=H9d-VqLIfkP_Do5V

Comment

PPV sales are down. Now the saudis dont seem to care if they lose money. But basically the only fight anyone wants to see canelo do is benavidez and anything else is a duck. When the saudis put on fights, they give us the ones nobody could make before. Bivol-Beterviev. Usyk-Fury. I dont think they would want canelo vs some random eurobum. Canelo wont fight benavidez for 30 million, i dont think the saudis will pay him 100 that is stupid. Canelo needs the saudis not the other way around. The US promoters already told canelo to pack sand.

Comment

Turki's dont like Chickens
                Eff Pandas Eff Pandas likes this.

Comment

actually might be something to do with the face of boxing, 2 'faces' have been rejected it seems, canelo & tank

canelo now demands his perspective opponents talk with 'respect' to him & tank was being disrespectful with his comments, maybe more respect is needed here

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    It seems clear Saudis see the HWs as the premier division, like most of us used to but don't really anymore.
                    With the rate they're making heavyweight bouts (even undisputed), you'd be okay to think maybe someone there wants to fast track to a better generation of fighters by dwindling down the current crop to one man, as quickly as possible.

I'm okay with this. Action and movement.

As for Canelo, let him eat humble pie for a while and he'll be begging Benavidez for a fight.
                    Eff Pandas Eff Pandas likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X