No announcement yet.

Dalton Smith vs Jose Zepeda - DAZN - Fight By Fight Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

He's a prospect who has never shown anything special. I know he's 23 and learning on the job.....but other than toughness, I don't see anything even remotely world-level about him. He has no outstanding physical attributes, and his offensive skill-set doesn't come close to outweighing his defensive liabilities. If he improves his offense, he can possibly get to British title level.
    Completely agree, he might need w.e Connor Benn had to even get to British Level tho lol

If he continues fighting he can be a Butterbean type of attraction. I'll give him the compliment that he's got a fighters heart/mentality but that's it

Comment

Originally posted by low blows View Post

I agree doesn't have the physical dynamism of his father nor the power shoot he isn't even the abilities of his uncle... I suppose he is young enough to get better but his high water mark should be domestic level. I hope he hangs them up as he has no need to be a B side domestic level boxer.
      He can still learn to be a better boxer, that alone will make him a more formidable and entertaining fighter. But as of now, it's hard to watch him because it doesn't seem like he fully grasps the fundamentals. He's still pretty sloppy. No disrespect to uncle Matthew, but maybe Campbell needs to spend time with a higher-level trainer and see if it makes any difference.

Comment

TW increased the pace and won the 1st half of the round, but Davis closed the round well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardi View Post

Campbell style requires power he's got very little, dudes got to completely change his style to even become decent. Unfortunately he's clearly got low fight IQ , best he can hope is to become sharper and improve his gas tank. Or better yet quit boxing lol
          He tries to fight exactly like his dad, without any of the physical tools necessary to do it

Comment

High contact affair between Davis and Williamson.

Last edited by kiaba360; 03-23-2024, 04:46 PM.

Comment

I believe that Davis is stealing these rounds in the last minute.

Comment

Solid win for Davis but he's got to work on that stamina.

Comment

I think TWill was the busier fighter in the second half, but Davis' superior punch selection won him the fight. This is the second time I've seen Davis fight, and I like what I've seen so far. Power and stamina seem to be his most notable weaknesses, but versatility seems to be his biggest strength. He can stick-and-move and show some slickness, can switch stances, can counter-punch out of both stances, seems comfortable in a phone booth, etc.
                  Last edited by kiaba360; 03-23-2024, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Let go Sandy

Comment

I really enjoyed the Davis/Williamson fight, Davis vs Antwi for the British will be a really good fight. I'd like to see a rematch between Williamson and Cartwright
                      edpboxing edpboxing likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X