Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dalton Smith vs Jose Zepeda - DAZN - Fight By Fight Thread

BTB starts at 12:15PM CT on YouTube
    main card at 2PM CT on DAZn

15-0 Dalton Smith vs 37-4 Jose Zepeda (WBC silver super lightweight title)

6-1-1 Sandy Ryan vs 14-1-2 Terri Harper for the WBO welterweight title

12-0 Ishmael Davis vs 20-2-1 Troy Williamson (154 British title eliminator)

14-0 Campbell Hatton vs 13-1-2 James Flint (central area 140 title)

5-0-1 Nico Leivars vs 7-2 Piotr Mirga (122 English title eliminator)

BTB: 12:15PM CT

22-5 Liam Cameron vs 16-8-3 Huessein Itaba

2-0 Emmanuel Buttiegieg vs 2-2 Bartlomiej Stryczek

7-0 Connan Murray vs 3-6-1 Edgar Kemsky
    March 23, 2024 -- Dalton Smith vs. Jose Zepeda Before the Bell live from Sheffield, United Kingdom.Subscribe to our YouTube channel http://bit.ly/DAZNBox...
    kiaba360 kiaba360 likes this.

I'm excited for the main event. There's no doubt that Zepeda will bring it, but I'm more interested in seeing how Smith handles his first world-level test. I think I may have seen him on one of the smaller MR cards during the pandemic, but his first eye-catching performance was vs. O'Maison. First thing that came to mind was Arturo Gatti: the blue/white ring gear, "Thunder" nickname, the neck tattoo, sudden display of power, willingness to throw with his opponent. Gatti isn't a bad fighter to have gained inspiration from. Smith can make a statement tonight if he dominates Zepeda. If he comes in too thirsty to impress the audience and starts getting drawn into exchanges, Zepeda will probably hurt him with something. That's when we'll learn how much like Gatti he truly is, for better or worse.
    Last edited by kiaba360; 03-23-2024, 10:52 AM.
    mlac mlac likes this.

Comment

How good is Zapeda ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post
        How good is Zapeda ?
        World class, but a bit faded. Great test for Smith to prove he belongs

Comment

BTB in about 20 minutes

Comment

I got Zepeda blasting Smith out of there in under 6. The Brit bleeds, overextends himself and has overrated power. His last 2 fights against other bums went the distance.

styles make fights and Smith is tailor
            made for Zepeda. Zepeda by vicious counter KO catching Smiths horrible defense slipping.

Comment

First fight about to start…

Comment

Buttigieg dropped him in the 3rd

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                  I'm excited for the main event. There's no doubt that Zepeda will bring it, but I'm more interested in seeing how Smith handles his first world-level test. I think I may have seen him on one of the smaller MR cards during the pandemic, but his first eye-catching performance was vs. O'Maison. First thing that came to mind was Arturo Gatti: the blue/white ring gear, "Thunder" nickname, the neck tattoo, sudden display of power, willingness to throw with his opponent. Gatti isn't a bad fighter to have gained inspiration from. Smith can make a statement tonight if he dominates Zepeda. If he comes in too thirsty to impress the audience and starts getting drawn into exchanges, Zepeda will probably hurt him with something. That's when we'll learn how much like Gatti he truly is, for better or worse.
                  Great Post. Smith is all action, this fight will be a war. I've been a fan of Zepeda but I think he might even get stopped here, too much wear and tear imo

Comment

Originally posted by boogbx View Post
                    I got Zepeda blasting Smith out of there in under 6. The Brit bleeds, overextends himself and has overrated power. His last 2 fights against other bums went the distance.

styles make fights and Smith is tailor
                    made for Zepeda. Zepeda by vicious counter KO catching Smiths horrible defense slipping.
                    prime zepeda? yer would agree but this is zepeda at the tail end of his career...

Comment

Working...
                    X