Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trainer Ben Davison Wants Oleksandr Usyk, Not Tyson Fury, For Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Team Joshua had years to make a Wilder unification fight and didn't.

AJ ducked Prime Wilder and waited until he was too old or shop worn to warrant a fight and by then neither had any belts to fight for and unify.
    Team AJ then put Parker in as a last barrier to soften Wilder up and see what he had left before AJ would even thinking of growing a pair and taking him on.

Whyte or Joyce haven't done jack shït to warrant a Parker rematch. Parker has done more than enough to warrant an AJ rematch.

I get that it doesnt align with some posters alternative facts but that doesnt detract from the truth and reality of what happened or will happen.

Comment

already seen the usyk fight, if the flabby one can get back to good shape then AJ fury is interesting, fury has got his hands full with x2 fights v usyk though, u can only go 1 fight at a time with the flabby mental one, hes on a low now after his performance v sleepy zzzz narcolepsy ngannou, if hes not tip top v usyk i think he loses

Comment

Best thing to happen would be Usyk winning and retiring after the first fight.

The belts scatter and Fury fights Joshua in a cockslapping pissing contest for the ages where everyone gets to Sweet Caroline their way into drunken bliss at Wembly.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post

Parker does deserve a mega fight, but against who? The fighter I see people mentioning all the time is still 'Anthony Joshua'.

People simultaneously claim that Joshua is not a top level Heavyweight 'But they still want their favourite fighters to face him';.

That is because, Anthony Joshua whether he is Champion or even as a contender 'People that know boxing, understand that statistically? Joshua is the most experienced and proven active Heavyweight at fighting Elite and World level fighters'.

Note: Anthony Joshua beat Joseph Parker easy in their original fight 'Joshua most likely won 90-95% of the rounds, like he has does most of the time at top level in his career. The fight really at the time, did not warrant a rematch'.

I stated this many months ago, Joshua's main goal 'And intention is to become a World Champion again'.

Nobody is really that intimidated by Parker 'Yes his wins vs Wilder and Zhang are good wins on his record. But when I analyse the action of the fights, for me Parker is not really producing spectacular performances'.

Parker was reluctant to state that his performance vs Wilder was his best ever 'Because it was not. Parker was clearly surprised at how straight forward, and easy it was to beat Wilder with a very basic fundamental game plan'..

Joseph Parker's effort and performance vs Joe Joyce, for me is still one of his best ever performances 'Parker may not have achieved the win. But on that night, I believe he was up against the absolute peak level Joe Joyce, and there is definitive evidence that Parker inflicted serious damage on Joyce during that fight'.

Joseph Parker during is career has been legitimately beaten up and banged out 'And he has been beaten at non-Championship level, and Championship level'.

The facts are, Anthony Joshua in reality has no real bad loses on his record 'Joshua on his worst night was still competitive. He decked Ruiz Junior I, and even after being decked himself? Joshua fought his way back into the fight, before eventually being stopped on his feet in his corner with a smile on his face'.

If people think that is the most catastrophic worse loss that any boxer has ever suffered in the history of boxing 'Those people are ether lying to themselves, or they don't have any real knowledge of boxing'.

I respect Joseph Parker, but he is nowhere near proven as Joshua 'Parker has never proven he can avenge a loss, and skill for skill I don't think his performances have top level Heavyweight's dramatically shook'.

As I have stated many times before, the top-4 Heavyweights of this era have been competing in their own competition 'There have been three heavyweight mountains of his era, and those fighters are? Tyson Fury, Deontay Wilder and Anthony Joshua'.

Joseph Parker has been a solid fighter during this era, but he has not been one of the Heavyweight mountains. Heavyweight fighters all around the world, don't rise up in the morning and think to themselves 'I really aspire to fight Joseph Parker'.

Heavyweight fighters all the world, whether they are Domestic, European or World Championship contenders 'Those Heavyweights fighters when they rise up in the morning, they all still aspire to fight Tyson Fury, Deontay Wilder and Anthony Joshua'.

Because those three fighters have been the Heavyweight mountains of his era 'Those are the mountains, that fighters still want to climb'.

And really, it does not really matter that much if those fighters have lost fights or had under par performances.

Yes Tyson Fury may have had a under-par performance vs Francis Ngannou according to some people. I personally believe that Fury lost the fight, all the statistics of the fight 'Show that Fury lost to Ngannou over 10 rounds'.

But Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Kiltschko who was a Champion of close to 10 years 'It was Fury who first breached the defenses of the Kiltschko era and occupation of the Heavyweight Division. Tyson Fury also beat Deontay Wilder, in the greatest Heavyweight trilogy since Riddick Bowe vs Evander Holyfield.

Yes Deontay Wilder lost his fight vs Joseph Parker over 12 rounds. But he was also the fighter who pushed Tyson Fury to his outta limits and beyond 'Deontay Wilder made 10 defenses of his WBC World Heavyweight Championship. Whether people believe Wilder was a great boxer skill for skill, nobody can deny that as a Champion? Wilder in terms gladiatorial honour fought until there was no more, and on a instinctual level 'Every single man that witnessed his efforts, had to respect his conduct inside of the ring as Champion'.

Yes Anthony Joshua lost to Ruiz Junior, but on his worst night he was still competitive. Joshua avenged his loss to Ruiz Junior immediately.

Anthony Joshua is a Olympic Champion, two time World Heavyweight Champion 'Statistically the most experienced and proven active Heavyweight at fighting Elite and World level Heavyweights'. Anthony Joshua was the fighter in the absence of Tyson Fury, who stepped up to fight off Wladimir Kiltschko out of the Heavyweight Division. It was Joshua who conclusively took the Heavyweight Division into a completely new dynasty, in the greatest Heavyweight title fight of the past 25 years.

April 29th 2017 'Wladimir Kiltschko vs Anthony Joshua was the greatest Heavyweight title fight of the past 25 years. That was the night, when the Heavyweight Division was conclusively taken into a completely new dynasty'.

And all these years later, Anthony Joshua has just stopped the Heavyweight invasion of Francis Ngannou by complete obliteration 'Such was the extreme magnitude of the victory, it has sent shock waves around the entire combat sporting world. The supposed invulnerability of Francis Ngannou was decimated by Anthony Joshua'.

Whether Ngannou continues in boxing or mixed martial arts 'The perception that his opponents have of him has now altered. They have witnessed a supreme combat fighter, with hulk like strength get completely obliterated'.

Toney Bellew stated in the build up to the Ngannou vs Joshua fight that 'If Francis Ngannou walked into a alley with any man in the world, Ngannou will be the first man to leave that alley'. I personally never believed that 100%. But now since Joshua has just completely obliterated Ngannou, there is going to be people in mass questioning that notion'.

And lets get it right? Joshua beat Ngannou at his own game 'Francis Ngannou is not black belt in any form of martial arts. Ngannou most preferred and strongest aspect of his mixed martials game is his boxing. And he has just been obliterated by Anthony Joshua'.

What I am trying to say is? Those three fighters 'Are the Heavyweight mountains of this era'.

Parker, Hrgovic, Zhang or whoever 'None of these other Heavyweights are the mountains of this era. They are climbers fighters, who aspire to conquer the mountains. So if Parker, Hrgovic want those mega fights, then in my opinion they need to confront those fighters in physical reality'.

Anthony Joshua is participating in the competition between the top-4 Heavyweights, to see who will be the last man standing of this era 'Ultimately that is his main concern and battle' etc.

I lol'd !!!

Comment

Originally posted by pollywog View Post

AJ has been ducking every major contender since losing to Usyk and even before.

Ruiz exposed the myth of an all conquering AJ fit to join the pantheon of past greats.

Wallin was a patsy set up to give AJ some good rounds, take the bag and quit or 'allow' himself to get splattered like Helenius.

Ngannou was a crossover exhibition to please the desert Turkis fetish for watching big black dudes pummel each other.

I dont know who 'you all' are but I've never said Parker should retire, or that his career was over at 31 because he came in heavy and sick and consequently lost to a prime juggernaut.

That loss was the wake up call to shït or get off the pot. To which Parker took a massive dump on Wilder and then Zhang.

A-Side Joshy can forget Fury and Usyk in the meantime cos Parker's got his number and he's gonna keep ringing til AJ grows a pair and answers the call.

...and not even Fast Eddie's shenanigans will save him this time!

Why was it alright for Parker to spend years fighting the likes of Chisora, Jr Fa, Simon Dean, ***y Upiloa, Jack Massey, Terrel Winters, Alex Leapai and Alexander flores?

Did you just forget about that almost SIX YEAR period where Parker fought ONE name fighter?

It was fine for Parker, because he wasn't a world title holder and was developing his skills, which was a good idea and I support it.

AJ is doing the same now, because he spent that same six year period fighting at the elite level where it's harder to actually learn new things and improve.

You have some good boxing knowledge but keep insisting on playing the clown and it's annoying because this forum needs good posters.
            greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by pollywog View Post
              Team Joshua had years to make a Wilder unification fight and didn't.

AJ ducked Prime Wilder and waited until he was too old or shop worn to warrant a fight and by then neither had any belts to fight for and unify.
              Team AJ then put Parker in as a last barrier to soften Wilder up and see what he had left before AJ would even thinking of growing a pair and taking him on.

Whyte or Joyce haven't done jack shït to warrant a Parker rematch. Parker has done more than enough to warrant an AJ rematch.

I get that it doesnt align with some posters alternative facts but that doesnt detract from the truth and reality of what happened or will happen.
              "Joyce hasn't done jack sh.. to warrant a Parker Rematch"
              I totally agree because Joe Joyce already Knocked out Parker easily in the first bout
              But
              You think Belt less AJ needs to give Parker who he already beat easily in 2018 another shot
              I think Parker needs to avenge that 2022 Joe Joyce KO Lost first
              Lololololol

Comment

We really didn't need the rematch

Comment

Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post

Why was it alright for Parker to spend years fighting the likes of Chisora, Jr Fa, Simon Dean, ***y Upiloa, Jack Massey, Terrel Winters, Alex Leapai and Alexander flores?

Did you just forget about that almost SIX YEAR period where Parker fought ONE name fighter?
                  Yeah it was alright for Parker to stay busy and keep clocking up wins, even against journeymen until a path to another title shot became available.

All the big names were avoiding Parker and jockeying for their own tilt at a strap while Joshua and Wilder were holding the belts to ransom.

Parkers resume against the top fighters is as good as it gets in this era, inclusive of Joshua.

Even Parkers losses are better than AJ's :

*2 dodgily reffed bouts in succession that went the distance vs AJ and Whyte and a splaterring courtesy of a prime juggernaut with Parker being ill.

I have no doubt 2024 Team Parker would avenge all those losses but the AJ one is the only one that needs it because it was for part unification of the trash belts.

Parker has earnt the right to first crack at whatever belts are scattered after Fury/Usyk and a rematch vs Joshua.

Hearn has never let AJ near Parker after their first encounter not because of the standard bullshït excuses but because he knows AJ aint gonna win.

And fisheyes ain't gonna let Parker expose Dubious Dynamite either. So who would you have both AJ and Parker fight next if not each other and why ?

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
                    Maybe this version of AJ could beat Usyk if they fought again.

Of course, one mustn't get too carried away with the devastating ko of Ngannou. Usyk is not Ngannou.

Joshua has done very well in his pro career. He's an Olympic gold medalist, although Teddy Atlas says he was there and AJ got a gift decision.

The silver medalist though, an Italian I think he said, did not go on to a successful pro boxing career.
                    Roberto Cammarelle of Milan was Joshua's gold medal round in the 2012 London Olympic Games Final. He never turned pro, and instead opted to pursue his career law enforcement.

But he was special, as the gold medal winner of the 2008 games and multiple world championships, holding wins over Tony Yoka, Zhilei Zhang, Filip Hrgovic, Vyacheslav Glazkov, Erislandy Savon, Con Sheehan, Cam E. Awesome, Michael Hunter, Erkan Teper, Kubrat Pulev, Viktar Zuyeu, Arslanbek Makhmudov, Robert Alfonzo, David Price, Oscar Rivas, Erik Pfeifer, Mariusz Wach, Yoan Pablo Hernandez, many of them more than once.

Comment

Working...
                    X