Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trainer Ben Davison Wants Oleksandr Usyk, Not Tyson Fury, For Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many rounds out of the 24 did Joshua convincingly win? he barely won any rounds, there might be some close rounds the judges gave him out of pitty but how many out of 24 could you say were 100% joshuas?

nobody wants to see a 3rd fight. joshua had his chance. go clear out the division until nobody else is left. beating a 38 year old cage fighter doesnt warrant you a 3rd match.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

I gotta say, I thought the Joyce fight was the final nail in Joe’s career but he’s definitely been comeback of the year and deserves a shot more than Hrgovic or Joshua do.

do I think he can beat Usyk? No. But he definitely deserves the shot more than anyone right now.
      Yes he does.

Parker beat Zhang and Wilder. He deserves a huge fight.

Makes me laugh, everybody talks about Joshua deserving a huge fight because he beat Wallin and Ngannou lol..
      Last edited by JakeTheBoxer; 03-24-2024, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

Yes he does.

Makes me laugh, everybody talks about Joshua deserving a huge fight because he beat Wallin and Ngannou lol..
        Parker does deserve a huge fight but like 28 months ago he was sparked out by Joe Joyce and you all were saying his career was over and he should retire.

AJ only lost points decisions to the current P4P # 1 and has beaten everyone else including parker

I don't know why there's this desperate comparrison being made, the belts are about to splinter after may 5 so we will see what plays out.
        greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post

Parker does deserve a huge fight but like 28 months ago he was sparked out by Joe Joyce and you all were saying his career was over and he should retire.

AJ only lost points decisions to the current P4P # 1 and has beaten everyone else including parker

I don't know why there's this desperate comparrison being made, the belts are about to splinter after may 5 so we will see what plays out.
          AJ has been ducking every major contender since losing to Usyk and even before.

Ruiz exposed the myth of an all conquering AJ fit to join the pantheon of past greats.

Wallin was a patsy set up to give AJ some good rounds, take the bag and quit or 'allow' himself to get splattered like Helenius.

Ngannou was a crossover exhibition to please the desert Turkis fetish for watching big black dudes pummel each other.

I dont know who 'you all' are but I've never said Parker should retire, or that his career was over at 31 because he came in heavy and sick and consequently lost to a prime juggernaut.

That loss was the wake up call to shït or get off the pot. To which Parker took a massive dump on Wilder and then Zhang.

A-Side Joshy can forget Fury and Usyk in the meantime cos Parker's got his number and he's gonna keep ringing til AJ grows a pair and answers the call.

...and not even Fast Eddie's shenanigans will save him this time!

Comment

Originally posted by pollywog View Post

LOL, go look what Steward did with Lennox and Vlad after they were knocked out. Several soft touches to rebuild them into ATGs but AJ is supposed to fight #1 contender coming off of 2 defeats.

Wilder, Ortiz, Kownacki undefeated, Pharmacy Miller (3 drugs) were all contenders and offered purses. Who else was there when AJ lost to Usyk? Stop making stuff up.

His path is fine now because this is what you are supposed to do with him. I'm sure he had his eyes on DDD's opponent but the Saudis put money on the table. I guess that is his fault.
            Last edited by hhh1200; 03-24-2024, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post

LOL, go look what Steward did with Lennox and Vlad after they were knocked out. Several soft touches to rebuild them into ATGs but AJ is supposed to fight #1 contender coming off of 2 defeats.

Wilder, Ortiz, Kownacki undefeated, Pharmacy Miller (3 drugs) were all contenders and offered purses. Who else was there when AJ lost to Usyk? Stop making stuff up.

His path is fine now because this is what you are supposed to do with him. I'm sure he had his eyes on DDD's opponent but the Saudis put money on the table. I guess that is his fault.
              Stewards line of training runs through Andy Lee and Joseph Parker !

...and yes it's amazing what they've done, along with George Lockhart - Parker's food guy - to rebuild Parker after the Joyce splattering.

As for AJ. He could have fought Wilder at Day of Reckoning but we got the pasting of his patsy sparring partner instead.

So how about AJ fight a legit top ten guy instead of the numptys he's crushed in the last year before claiming hes on some ATG arc ?

Comment

I get it. I really do!

All you AJ nuthuggers want your guy to have the easiest path to a trash belt by avoiding anyone in the top ten.

And i totally understand that AJ doesn't want the Parker rematch because he knows without the ref and judges in Fast Eddies pocket he'd lose.

Fair enough AJ has ducked Wilder, Parker, Zhang and Hrgovic because he'd buckle under the mental pressure from fear of losing.

It's OK, he is what he is, a fragile diva Princess and you fanboys are what you are and like taking it up the bum.

That's totally fine. You do you!
                Credit to Parker for beating Wilder and Zhang. But let's be honest - apart from Joe getting decked twice by Zhang and the 8th round of his fight with Wilder, when he went for the stoppage but missed the target with most of his big shots, they were both uneventful fights.
                That's the problem with Parker, he isn't an exciting fighter to watch and he doesn't have a charasmatic personality. He is a clever guy with a big heart who does everything fairly well, but nothing exeptionally well.
                That's why nobody but you is calling for AJ to fight him again. He could get the gig, because upcoming fights in the division have reduced AJ's options. If he does, he will be the underdog in most people's eyes. The narrative you are spinning here, that Joe has miraculously transformed himself into the boogie man of the division and Hearn/AJ are running scared of him, is pure baloney.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus26 View Post
                  I see Davies point and it's a valid one. Usyek caught Joshua in between style changes and trainers and also from a mental standpoint, A man trying to find his footing again. And those were not blow out fights where the Ukrainian utterly dominated Joshua. They were competitive and one was a split decision. I've seen many fights over the years where a change in style and the mental approach totally changed the dynamics in rematch.
                  Joshua is on an uptick now thanks to Davies bringing out his natural mix of aggression and helping to fine tune his game. Usyek is not unbeatable. He is certainly vulnerable to the body which seems to be a real issue for him. He's also getting up there in age. Joshua lost because he tried to play Usyeks game which does not work for him. Usyek had moments where he looked vulnerable and plain average against Chisora. He's not a physically strong man like Evander Holyfield was when he moved up to heavyweight. Joshua has a VERY GOOD chance to beat him in a rubber match if he doesn't wait on Usyek but instead takes the initiative and puts heavy pressure on him and manhandles him as well as let his hands go and with bad intentions. You can't let Usyek get into a groove. You have to take the play away from him and force him to fight at a pace he isn't used to fighting especially now at 37. I can see Joshua winning this with. And should he defeat Usyek I have absolutely zero issue with seeing him take on Parker again. Why not? Both men are on a hot streak of sorts and it would be a fan friendly bout where you have 2 men who are out there to show that they still have a lot more gas in the tank and have the willingness to lay it all on the line. I would have to favor Joshua in this one. He knows Parker and he knows what he has to offer. And I see Joshua just being a better overall fighter than Parker after witnessing their 1st go round and seeing the *****s on Parkers game after his questionable win over Zhang.
                  AJ didn't "play Usyk's game" in their fights. He played his own game. But unfortunately for AJ, Usyk is just better at playing that game than AJ is.

AJ has never been a pressure fighter. He is a methodical, front foot, boxer/puncher. As he intimmated himself in his emotional rant after the second fight, he just isn't built to be able to fight at a high enough pace for long enough to wear down an ultra fit smaller guy like Usuk.

Re Holyfield, I've been a boxing fan since my school days. And I'm old enough to remember Evander being written off in the boxing press as not big enough or strong enough to compete with the top HWs when he first moved up.

Holyfield bulked up and transformed his physique with intentesive S&C and, seems, PEDs after moving up.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

Yes he does.

Parker does deserve a mega fight, but against who? The fighter I see people mentioning all the time is still 'Anthony Joshua'.

People simultaneously claim that Joshua is not a top level Heavyweight 'But they still want their favourite fighters to face him';.

That is because, Anthony Joshua whether he is Champion or even as a contender 'People that know boxing, understand that statistically? Joshua is the most experienced and proven active Heavyweight at fighting Elite and World level fighters'.

Note: Anthony Joshua beat Joseph Parker easy in their original fight 'Joshua most likely won 90-95% of the rounds, like he has does most of the time at top level in his career. The fight really at the time, did not warrant a rematch'.

I stated this many months ago, Joshua's main goal 'And intention is to become a World Champion again'.

Nobody is really that intimidated by Parker 'Yes his wins vs Wilder and Zhang are good wins on his record. But when I analyse the action of the fights, for me Parker is not really producing spectacular performances'.

Parker was reluctant to state that his performance vs Wilder was his best ever 'Because it was not. Parker was clearly surprised at how straight forward, and easy it was to beat Wilder with a very basic fundamental game plan'..

Joseph Parker's effort and performance vs Joe Joyce, for me is still one of his best ever performances 'Parker may not have achieved the win. But on that night, I believe he was up against the absolute peak level Joe Joyce, and there is definitive evidence that Parker inflicted serious damage on Joyce during that fight'.

Joseph Parker during is career has been legitimately beaten up and banged out 'And he has been beaten at non-Championship level, and Championship level'.

The facts are, Anthony Joshua in reality has no real bad loses on his record 'Joshua on his worst night was still competitive. He decked Ruiz Junior I, and even after being decked himself? Joshua fought his way back into the fight, before eventually being stopped on his feet in his corner with a smile on his face'.

If people think that is the most catastrophic worse loss that any boxer has ever suffered in the history of boxing 'Those people are ether lying to themselves, or they don't have any real knowledge of boxing'.

I respect Joseph Parker, but he is nowhere near proven as Joshua 'Parker has never proven he can avenge a loss, and skill for skill I don't think his performances have top level Heavyweight's dramatically shook'.

As I have stated many times before, the top-4 Heavyweights of this era have been competing in their own competition 'There have been three heavyweight mountains of his era, and those fighters are? Tyson Fury, Deontay Wilder and Anthony Joshua'.

Joseph Parker has been a solid fighter during this era, but he has not been one of the Heavyweight mountains. Heavyweight fighters all around the world, don't rise up in the morning and think to themselves 'I really aspire to fight Joseph Parker'.

Heavyweight fighters all the world, whether they are Domestic, European or World Championship contenders 'Those Heavyweights fighters when they rise up in the morning, they all still aspire to fight Tyson Fury, Deontay Wilder and Anthony Joshua'.

Because those three fighters have been the Heavyweight mountains of his era 'Those are the mountains, that fighters still want to climb'.

And really, it does not really matter that much if those fighters have lost fights or had under par performances.

Yes Tyson Fury may have had a under-par performance vs Francis Ngannou according to some people. I personally believe that Fury lost the fight, all the statistics of the fight 'Show that Fury lost to Ngannou over 10 rounds'.

But Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Kiltschko who was a Champion of close to 10 years 'It was Fury who first breached the defenses of the Kiltschko era and occupation of the Heavyweight Division. Tyson Fury also beat Deontay Wilder, in the greatest Heavyweight trilogy since Riddick Bowe vs Evander Holyfield.

Yes Deontay Wilder lost his fight vs Joseph Parker over 12 rounds. But he was also the fighter who pushed Tyson Fury to his outta limits and beyond 'Deontay Wilder made 10 defenses of his WBC World Heavyweight Championship. Whether people believe Wilder was a great boxer skill for skill, nobody can deny that as a Champion? Wilder in terms gladiatorial honour fought until there was no more, and on a instinctual level 'Every single man that witnessed his efforts, had to respect his conduct inside of the ring as Champion'.

Yes Anthony Joshua lost to Ruiz Junior, but on his worst night he was still competitive. Joshua avenged his loss to Ruiz Junior immediately.

Anthony Joshua is a Olympic Champion, two time World Heavyweight Champion 'Statistically the most experienced and proven active Heavyweight at fighting Elite and World level Heavyweights'. Anthony Joshua was the fighter in the absence of Tyson Fury, who stepped up to fight off Wladimir Kiltschko out of the Heavyweight Division. It was Joshua who conclusively took the Heavyweight Division into a completely new dynasty, in the greatest Heavyweight title fight of the past 25 years.

April 29th 2017 'Wladimir Kiltschko vs Anthony Joshua was the greatest Heavyweight title fight of the past 25 years. That was the night, when the Heavyweight Division was conclusively taken into a completely new dynasty'.

And all these years later, Anthony Joshua has just stopped the Heavyweight invasion of Francis Ngannou by complete obliteration 'Such was the extreme magnitude of the victory, it has sent shock waves around the entire combat sporting world. The supposed invulnerability of Francis Ngannou was decimated by Anthony Joshua'.

Whether Ngannou continues in boxing or mixed martial arts 'The perception that his opponents have of him has now altered. They have witnessed a supreme combat fighter, with hulk like strength get completely obliterated'.

Toney Bellew stated in the build up to the Ngannou vs Joshua fight that 'If Francis Ngannou walked into a alley with any man in the world, Ngannou will be the first man to leave that alley'. I personally never believed that 100%. But now since Joshua has just completely obliterated Ngannou, there is going to be people in mass questioning that notion'.

And lets get it right? Joshua beat Ngannou at his own game 'Francis Ngannou is not black belt in any form of martial arts. Ngannou most preferred and strongest aspect of his mixed martials game is his boxing. And he has just been obliterated by Anthony Joshua'.

What I am trying to say is? Those three fighters 'Are the Heavyweight mountains of this era'.

Parker, Hrgovic, Zhang or whoever 'None of these other Heavyweights are the mountains of this era. They are climbers fighters, who aspire to conquer the mountains. So if Parker, Hrgovic want those mega fights, then in my opinion they need to confront those fighters in physical reality'.

Anthony Joshua is participating in the competition between the top-4 Heavyweights, to see who will be the last man standing of this era 'Ultimately that is his main concern and battle' etc.

Comment

Ruiz exposed the myth of an all conquering AJ fit to join the pantheon of past greats.

Wallin was a patsy set up to give AJ some good rounds, take the bag and quit or 'allow' himself to get splattered like Helenius.

Ngannou was a crossover exhibition to please the desert Turkis fetish for watching big black dudes pummel each other.

I dont know who 'you all' are but I've never said Parker should retire, or that his career was over at 31 because he came in heavy and sick and consequently lost to a prime juggernaut.

That loss was the wake up call to shït or get off the pot. To which Parker took a massive dump on Wilder and then Zhang.

A-Side Joshy can forget Fury and Usyk in the meantime cos Parker's got his number and he's gonna keep ringing til AJ grows a pair and answers the call.

...and not even Fast Eddie's shenanigans will save him this time!

"Parker took a massive dump on Wilder and then Zhang"
                      What Fight were You watching?
                      Zhang nearly knocked out Parker & took him down twice
                      When did Parker have Zhang hurt? he won a decision on a tired Zhang
                      Zhang deserves a Rematch!
                      Parker won a decision against Wilder
                      An uneventful fight
                      That's it
                      LOL
                      It's all a fantasy made up in your mind
                      #ParkerFanboyAlert!!
                      kafkod kafkod likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X