Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trainer Ben Davison Wants Oleksandr Usyk, Not Tyson Fury, For Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
    ———-
    Out of the two fighters, Joshua was the most improved fighter in the rematch.”

“Improved performance” might be a better description of the fight. After all, Usyk still beat him. If Usyk hadn’t improved, then the same old Usyk still beat an improved AJ.
    We can dissect the 2nd fight all day long, in the end it will boil down to semantics. We’ve heard the same thing about Ruiz beating up and stopping AJ. The fact that AJ won the rematch does not negate the simple fact that Ruiz destroyed him.

If AJ was to fight Usyk a third time, the odds would still favor Usyk and if AJ with his puncher’s chance wins, the fact will be Usyk beat him. Twice.

Most of the arguments here seem to be apologists for AJ. I like AJ and I think he is very dedicated to the craft and is an all round very likable guy but AJ at his best got beat by Ruiz and Usyk. No excuses.

Joshua beat Ruiz Junior easy in the rematch 'Joshua effectively won all of the rounds. Nobody is making excuses'.

Then Joshua lost two competitive fights with Uysk 'And in the second fight, he was the most improved fighter out of the two'.

You keep mentioning these performances from Joshua career 'But you must understand, that there are positives from all of those performances. We know more about Joshua as a fighter than we do with Fury'.

Everyone knows the level of Joshua, he is the most component pure boxer in the division 'Outside of both Fury and Uysk. Joshua is also statistically the most experienced and proven Heavyweight at fighting Elite to World level Heavyweight fighters'.

We have all witnessed how Joshua reacts to a loss? He has avenged loses, and he has immediately been competitive in all rematches 'Joshua's level as a Heavyweight fighter in this era is not a mystery, he is dangerous fighter'.

Note: If the 3rd Joshua vs Uysk fight is called for next for both fighters 'Then you know it, and everyone knows it ? People in mass will be giving Anthony Joshua a serious chance of beating Oleksandr Uysk'.

Former fighters, boxing commentators, the general public 'There will be many people in those demographics which back Joshua in that fight vs Usyk'..

Lets be honest Oregonian, it is getting to the point now 'In this competition between the top 4 Heavyweights'.

People are starting to realize, that Anthony Joshua is gaining momentum. That is why you are speaking, in the manner that you are.

Joshua's critics, if they are honest with themselves 'They are blatantly apprehensive, of Anthony Joshua'.

From what I can see, people want this competition between the top-4 Heavyweights to be over real quick 'They are trying their best to claim a conclusion, before potentially ether Fury or Uysk has to fight Joshua again'.

Joshua was beaten by Uysk twice over the distance in competitive fights, why are people so apprehensive of a potential the third fight? You know why you are apprehensive 'Because Joshua has a serious chance of winning' etc.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 03-22-2024, 09:51 AM.

Comment

This version of Ruiz would beat AJ.
      This version of Kambosos would beat Haney.
      This version of Donaire would beat Inoue.
      This version of Neeley would beat Tyson.
      This version of LaMotta would beat Robinson.
      This version of The Fridge would beat Bol.

Personally I'd rather see matchups that havent happened before over rematches. I feel like rematches have become this roadblock for belt holders to deter fighters from challenging their spot as a champion. It slows down the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Willowthewisp View Post
        This version of Ruiz would beat AJ.
        This version of Kambosos would beat Haney.
        This version of Donaire would beat Inoue.
        This version of Neeley would beat Tyson.
        This version of LaMotta would beat Robinson.
        This version of The Fridge would beat Bol.

Personally I'd rather see matchups that havent happened before over rematches. I feel like rematches have become this roadblock for belt holders to deter fighters from challenging their spot as a champion. It slows down the sport.
        ————-
        Truer words have never been spoken. It is for the same reasons I’d rather watch Garcia vs Haney over a rematch between Garcia and Tank.
        Even if Garcia gets beat, at least he is the one responsible for making those fights. He’ll probably fight Shakur next.

The question of point becomes why aren’t Tank, Shakur and Haney fighting each other?
        Willowthewisp Willowthewisp likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post

Joshua beat Ruiz Junior easy in the rematch 'Joshua effectively won all of the rounds. Nobody is making excuses'.

Then Joshua lost two competitive fights with Uysk 'And in the second fight, he was the most improved fighter out of the two'.

You keep mentioning these performances from Joshua career 'But you must understand, that there are positives from all of those performances. We know more about Joshua as a fighter than we do with Fury'.

Everyone knows the level of Joshua, he is the component pure boxer in the division 'Outside of both Fury and Uysk. Joshua is also statistically the experienced and proven Heavyweight at fighting Elite to World level Heavyweight fighters'.

We have all witnessed how Joshua reacts to a loss? He has avenged loses, and he has immediate been competitive in all rematches 'Joshua level as a Heavyweight fighter in this era is not mystery, he is dangerous fighter'.

Note: If the 3rd Joshua vs Uysk fight is called for next for both fighters 'Then you know it, and everyone knows it ? People in mass will be giving Anthony Joshua a serious chance of beating Oleksandr Uysk'.

Former fighters, boxing commentators, the general public 'There will be many people in those demographics which back Joshua in that fight vs Usyk'..

Lets be honest Oregonian, it is getting to the point now 'In this competition between the top 4 Heavyweights'.

People are starting to realize, that Anthony Joshua is gaining momentum. That is why you are speaking, in the manner that you are.

Joshua's critics, if they are honest with themselves 'They are blatantly apprehensive, of Anthony Joshua'.

From what I can see, people want this competition between the top-4 Heavyweights to be over real quick 'They trying their best to claim a conclusion, before potentially ether Fury or Uysk has to fight Joshua again'.

Joshua was beaten by Uysk twice over the distance in competitive fights, why are people apprehensive of a potential the third fight? You know why you are apprehensive 'Joshua has a serious chance of winning' etc.
          ————
          I am not disagreeing with most of your arguments. I am just pointing out that as improved as AJ is, the bottom line is, we’ve seen multiple ways he can get beat.

This statement here —> “We know more about Joshua as a fighter than we do with Fury'.”

You are trying to make it seem that AJ is better than Furu because we’ve seen him comeback from losses.

This is the same thing here when people say about Lennox Lewis that “Lennox has beaten every single fighter he has faced”. Thst statement while true, ignore the glaring fact that two of the guys he fought knocked him out.

Calzaghe, Ward and Floyd retired undefeated. Yet you don’t hear writers or so called expert using that statement to define their careers but you hear it when it comes to Lennox and if AJ beats Usyk in a third fight, I assure you the same will be said of him.

Like I said, I do like Joshua and I’m thrilled that he’s rediscovered his form and is winning fights. He should absolutely get a shot at the winner of Fury vs Usyk and yes, he does have a chance against either Fury or Usyk. If anything, I’d say those fights will be 50/50 odds.

i am a boxing fan and I want the top heavyweight guys to fight each other but also have thoughts on who I’d favor to beat who. That’s why I said, a “motivated” Zhang would floor AJ.

Comment

Who's going to buy a 3rd Joshua vs Usyk fight? There is no demand for it.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post

Hearn signed Usyk in his own words, with a view to being a opponent for Joshua .To the point he fought Joshua , Usyk had looked extremely vulnerable against Chaz Witherspoon who was a club fighter having beaten no-one of note and Chisora who pushed him close with only a two round loss on two scorecards .Usyk got the 'shot' at Joshua not on heavyweight merit but through a ridiculous ruling that a undisputed champ at a lower division gets a shot a the title above and as I say the plan backfired and nearly ruined Joshua. But it's good to see him back and in a positive frame of mind and giving boxing the respect with the Ngannou hammering, after a dismal display from Fury., Usyk / Fury will be the yard stick to see where Usyk and indeed Fury fit .
              Hearn signed Usyk so he could promote the undisputed cruiserweight title fight with Bellew.

Usyk's vs Chisora was the last fight of Usyk's Matchroom deal. He wasn't signed with Hearn when he fought AJ.

Word was that Hearn advised AJ to drop the WBO belt instead of fighting Usyk, but AJ wanted to keep the belt and defend it.

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
                ————
                I am not disagreeing with most of your arguments. I am just pointing out that as improved as AJ is, the bottom line is, we’ve seen multiple ways he can get beat.

This statement here —> “We know more about Joshua as a fighter than we do with Fury'.”

You are trying to make it seem that AJ is better than Furu because we’ve seen him comeback from losses.

This is the same thing here when people say about Lennox Lewis that “Lennox has beaten every single fighter he has faced”. Thst statement while true, ignore the glaring fact that two of the guys he fought knocked him out.

Calzaghe, Ward and Floyd retired undefeated. Yet you don’t hear writers or so called expert using that statement to define their careers but you hear it when it comes to Lennox and if AJ beats Usyk in a third fight, I assure you the same will be said of him.

Like I said, I do like Joshua and I’m thrilled that he’s rediscovered his form and is winning fights. He should absolutely get a shot at the winner of Fury vs Usyk and yes, he does have a chance against either Fury or Usyk. If anything, I’d say those fights will be 50/50 odds.

i am a boxing fan and I want the top heavyweight guys to fight each other but also have thoughts on who I’d favor to beat who. That’s why I said, a “motivated” Zhang would floor AJ.
                We know more about Anthony Joshua as a heavyweight then we do Tyson Fury 'That is just a fact'.

It is statistical fact, Joshua has been more thoroughly tested 'Joshua has fought a beaten a higher number of Elite and World level Heavyweights, and Joshua has also overcome more obstacles such as avenging a loss'.

We don't know how Fury will react if he was ever beaten by any fighter, do you? No.

Note: There is the past, present and the future 'And right now in the present, you have basically just admitted it. Anthony Joshua is a serious threat to both Fury and Uysk'.

Lennox Lewis, Evander Holyfield, Riddick Bowe, Mike Tyson 'Those were the top-4 Heavyweight fighters from the late 80's and 90's. Lennox Lewis at the conclusion of that era, was the last man standing'.

And the conclusive fight for that era was Mike Tyson vs Lennox Lewis 'That was the organic conclusion'.

This talk of Joshua's loses, is irrelevant 'Because Joshua is still here, and he is still winning fights'.

I understand that certain folk, have their own agenda 'It is like they are watching a movie, and they want their personal conclusion'.

The battle between the top-4 Heavyweights of this era, will reach its own organic conclusion.

I just believe certain folk in boxing, are trying their best to claim a conclusion 'All because they are apprehensive of certain fights happening'.

There have been three Heavyweight mountains of this era 'Tyson Fury, Deontay Wilder and Anthony Joshua. Joshua has not suffered anywhere near the level of a loss, where people can just so easily pass over him and pretend like he is not there'.

I am not accusing you 100% of this behaviour, but I will say this? Oregonian, don't be surprised if certain narratives increase in Heavyweight boxing 'I stated a long time ago, that Fury's hardcore fans will at some point claim that Tyson Fury does not need to fight Anthony Joshua'.

Tyson Fury is the rated number 1 Heavyweight in the world 'I rate him as number 1, because some how, he is still undefeated. But Tyson Fury is not a dominant number 1 or Heavyweight Champion, Fury has not dominated this Heavyweight era. And it is very clear that the other top Heavyweights specifically Oleksandr Uysk and Anthony Joshua are closing in on him' etc.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 03-22-2024, 10:32 AM.
                greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

I would say try to beat Fury first, and if it happens, it would give him a confidence boost for Usyk.

Comment

Originally posted by greeneye99 View Post

"How about giving Parker a rematch first?"
                    Why?
                    AJ beat Parker easily the first time
                    Why bother a second time?
                    AJ has nothing to prove fighting Parker again
                    ———
                    But Usyk HAS SOMETHING to prove by fighting AJ a third time?
                    _Rexy_ _Rexy_ likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by pollywog View Post
                      Usyk has already schooled Princess Joshy twice!!

Why bother with a third time ?

There's nothing to suggest Usyk wouldnt hand Joshua's ass back to him on a platter again.

How about giving Parker a rematch first ?

But all the AJ nuthuggers say hes already beaten him once...lol

Usyk has nothing to prove fighting AJ and neither does Fury if he beats Usyk.
                      Joyce beat Parker, Zhang beat Joyce, Parker beat Zhang.
                      There is absolutely every reason for any fight fan to want to see Fraudy take on AJ. If you're certain that the big fraud would beat AJ just because / if he beats Usyk then don't watch it. But it is not a given that Joshua loses to either of the winners of the undisputed fight, and particularly if it's Fury.
                      Doesn't matter in any case, Fury won't go within a mile of Joshua. That fight will never ever happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X