Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trainer Ben Davison Wants Oleksandr Usyk, Not Tyson Fury, For Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Trainer Ben Davison Wants Oleksandr Usyk, Not Tyson Fury, For Joshua

Ben Davison would prefer Anthony Joshua enter a third fight with Oleksandr Usyk over a first with Tyson Fury. Under Davison's tutelage, following impressive stoppage victories over Otto Wallin and Francis Ngannou - opponents Fury struggled with - Joshua has returned to contention to fight for a world heavyweight title having agreed to box the winner of this year's two undisputed title fights between Usyk and Fury.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Usyk has Joshua's number
    MusoMeanderings MusoMeanderings likes this.

Comment

Would like to see the third fight.

And I'd pick Usyk btw, there's no way you could not make him the favourite.

But I maintain that Usyk fought AJ, both times when he was at a slump in his career.

Boxing is style based yes, but form, activity, confidence, tactics all play a massive part on the night.

I doubt the fight happens anyway due to schedules and potential for results to go all kinds of ways, but id watch a third fight with interest and wouldn't be 100% certain of the outcome.

I think if AJ and Usyk fought 10 times AJ wins one or two of them just based off his punchers chance. If he can improve his tactics and performance from the 2nd fight then it's more like three or four times out of 10
      Spartacus26 Spartacus26 likes this.

Comment

Usyk has already schooled Princess Joshy twice!!

Why bother with a third time ?

There's nothing to suggest Usyk wouldnt hand Joshua's ass back to him on a platter again.

How about giving Parker a rematch first ?

But all the AJ nuthuggers say hes already beaten him once...lol

Usyk has nothing to prove fighting AJ and neither does Fury if he beats Usyk.

Comment

Ridiculous. I will say Joshua was competitive in his fights with the usyk, but beating a typically low-skilled typical heavyweight in a week division and someone who doesn't know how to box professionally hardly qualifies as a reason for another shot at the gold ring. Yes Tyson has looked like pure s h i a t but it is a false equivalency to make this a statement about Joshua.
          Smash Smash Zaroku Zaroku like this.

Comment

Usyk was bought on board as undisputed name from a lower weight division to look good on Joshua's resume and it backfired . Usyk's defining moment will come against Fury. We'll have a much better idea of where they all are in the mix in a few weeks.
            Willow The Wisp Willow The Wisp likes this.

Comment

Who cares as long as the winner gets to fight Joshua unless he loses to Filip Hirgovic

Comment

I can see them making AJ/Wilder. That fight still sells and AJ doesn't have many other options

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
                  Usyk was bought on board as undisputed name from a lower weight division to look good on Joshua's resume and it backfired . Usyk's defining moment will come against Fury. We'll have a much better idea of where they all are in the mix in a few weeks.

This is nonsense - AJ fought Usyk because he was AJ’s mandatory challenger and there’s almost no way Hearn would have put Usyk in front of AJ otherwise. Usyk was seen as high-risk low-reward back then, who Fury himself had dismissed as a ‘foreign nobody’. I’m really not sure what you’re going on about with that one, but I fully agree with your last sentence.

Comment

Yep,

After avoiding him for two years and being threatened with legal action.
                    ​​​
                    Boxing 112 Boxing 112 Fact Fact like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X