Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Benavidez Tells Canelo Alvarez It's Time To Invest In Some 'Nuts'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garfios View Post

I don't think you have been honest, he knows he ain't getting 200m to fight benavidez, he could have fought him three or four years ago and the excuse was, I'm not fighting no mexicans, he didn't mention money. Why you guys still excusing him is beyond everyone that are looking a this development with clear mind. But you didn't respond to the question, do you think is right not fighting his mandatories for over three years? Affecting g the lives of others.
    Ofc the gingerboy wont get 150-200m thats just absurd but he def aiming for the highest bid possible, my guess is he'll try to negotiate a purse between 80-100M that would be career record purse,like I said, canelo is on his way out and will look to cash in on Benavidez, besides that 'I dont fight mexicans' was taken completely out of context as he was asked couple years back if he'll fight zurdo ramirez not a benavidez ,whos not even a Mexican btw.

Comment

Don't forget that the were others before him, that has been fighting at the division mist longer that him, munguia doesn't deserve to fight for the belts ahead of mbilli, Morell jr nor benavidez. Barely beating a career 160lbs guy and a washed out journeyman from the UK doesn't qualify him for that. Again do you think is right to make those guys wait?
      So you saying both DMJ and Mbilli deserve it more than Mungia with a straight face? Based on what? Just because they been fighting at 168 longer? Lol c'mon man those guys haven't fought any top ranked fighter ,not exactly sure how they are more deserving when they dont bring much to the table right now, at least mungia did beat a top contender to earn his shot. How come they dont fight each other and the winner at least get better positioned for a title shot.

Comment

AB Counter you are a nice guy. That has to be why you are making excuses for Saul.

No way you actually believe that Canelo turned down a much larger payday, to fight a guy who is his mandatory and has been for a long time....to fight the guy that everyone wants to see him fight....because he is thinking of the future. Benavidez is in the early stages of his prime right now and pummeling good fighters. Saul is past it and fighting junk fights for paydays.

I get that you are trying to give Canelo the benefit of the doubt. But tell me honestly, are you saying that you actually believe Canelo is planning to fight Benavidez when he is a year older than he is now, when David is still improving and will be even better than he is now?

There is no way you believe that. Canelo is not planning a farewell fight with a guy who will pummel him. Canelo couldn't stop Ryder. Triangle theory isn't always right, but the decline in Canelo is obvious. He isn't waiting for Benavidez to improve as he himself ages.

Ive read your posts. You are a smart guy. You cant believe that.
        Last edited by Theshotyoudontsee; 03-22-2024, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Theshotyoudontsee View Post
          AB Counter you are nice guy. That has to he why you are making excuses for Saul.

No way you actually believe that Canelo turned down a much larger payday, to fight a guy who is his mandatory and has been for a long time....to fight the guy that everyone wants to see him fight....because he is thinking of the future. Benavidez is in the early stages of his prime right now and pummeling good fighters. Saul is past it and fighting junk fights for paydays.

I get that you are trying to give Canelo the benefit of the doubt. But tell me honestly, are you saying that you actually believe Canelo is planning to fight Benavidez when he is a year older than he is now, when David is still improving and will be even better than he is now?

There is no way you believe that. Canelo is not planning a farewell fight with a guy who will pummel him. Canelo couldn't stop Ryder. Triangle theory isn't always right, but the decline in Canelo is obvious. He isn't waiting for Benavidez to improve as he himself ages.

Ive read your posts. You are a smart guy. You cant believe that.
          Canelo couldn't stop Ryder and Benavidez couldn't stop Plant, you're are right, triangle theories def not always right but the answer to your question is ,Yes I still believe there is a possibility they'll fight even with all this controversy simply because thats sells and Canelo would be an idiot to let potential super clash along with record purse just walk away like that, but hey I could be wrong too ,I guess time will tell brother.

Lets say Benny was the one taking on Mungia, would you still call it a junk fight too?

Comment

Originally posted by A.B Counterhooks View Post

Ofc the gingerboy wont get 150-200m thats just absurd but he def aiming for the highest bid possible, my guess is he'll try to negotiate a purse between 80-100M that would be career record purse,like I said, canelo is on his way out and will look to cash in on Benavidez, besides that 'I dont fight mexicans' was taken completely out of context as he was asked couple years back if he'll fight zurdo ramirez not a benavidez ,whos not even a Mexican btw.
            You won't answer. He said it because of benavidez and that was exactly the argument, he is America half mexican/Ecuadorian

Comment

So you saying both DMJ and Mbilli deserve it more than Mungia with a straight face? Based on what? Just because they been fighting at 168 longer? Lol c'mon man those guys haven't fought any top ranked fighter ,not exactly sure how they are more deserving when they dont bring much to the table right now, at least mungia did beat a top contender to earn his shot. How come they dont fight each other and the winner at least get better positioned for a title shot.
              Yes, I don't need to put a straight face because is true. DMJ has been his mandatory for three years, and mbilli has been ranked at the top for the same period of time. Now comes a guy with two fights at the division and you are saying he's more deserving than those two, are you saying this with a straight face? I never cease to wonder how ginger fans have the nerve to keep excusing his crap. Answer the question and stop deflecting. Do you think he's doing the right thing for the sport by blocking the division?

Comment

Yes, I don't need to put a straight face because is true. DMJ has been his mandatory for three years, and mbilli has been ranked at the top for the same period of time. Now comes a guy with two fights at the division and you are saying he's more deserving than those two, are you saying this with a straight face? I never cease to wonder how ginger fans have the nerve to keep excusing his crap. Answer the question and stop deflecting. Do you think he's doing the right thing for the sport by blocking the division?
                Mungia last couple wins are more significant than both morrell and Mbilli last two no doubt , and how is Canelo holding up the division if he is fighting a top ranked opponent? ,no deflection here you just feel its unfair for Morrell only due to fact he's been competing at SMW for a while now, but when we take a closer look to quality of opposition, the cuban falls short of deserving. Bro only has 10 fights as a pro against people clearly below his level. Again, they should fight each other and start eliminating themselves instead of waiting on the ginger next move.

Comment

You won't answer. He said it because of benavidez and that was exactly the argument, he is America half mexican/Ecuadorian
                  Sorry man but that doesnt make much sense, Benavidez is only 1/3 mexican born in the Us not Mexico , pretty sure cinnabon ment Zurdo Ramirez( real mexican born and raised) thats was completely taken out context.

Comment

Mungia last couple wins are more significant than both morrell and Mbilli last two no doubt , and how is Canelo holding up the division if he is fighting a top ranked opponent? ,no deflection here you just feel its unfair for Morrell only due to fact he's been competing at SMW for a while now, but when we take a closer look to quality of opposition, the cuban falls short of deserving. Bro only has 10 fights as a pro against people clearly below his level. Again, they should fight each other and start eliminating themselves instead of waiting on the ginger next move.
                    Significant? He struggled with derevyanchenko and ryder is a fvking washed-up journeyman, are you writing this with a straight face, you have to be joking or trolling, ryder ran away from Morell jr five fights ago your dummy, the fight was set and scheduled for the #1 mandatory to canelo, the guy and his promoter $h1t in their pants after watching him fight caceres. You have to be trolling, you can't be this stupid, and the other guy is a career 160 lbs. Really, That's all you got? It doesn't matter how many fights he has, he is the regular WBA Champ and #1 mandatory for canelo. And he does have balls, he's been after benavidez for the past two years. You take a close look at the one that can hurt ball-less ginger. Find a boxer with 10 fights that has face Morrell Jr opposition, 188-21, three undefeated fighters included. Gtfoh, ginger deserves the fans he has, they all lack the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

People just love a boogeyman story. It makes them feel good I guess.

Next up are Subriel Matias and Dave Morrell.

And yes the narrative for Canelo vs GGG really changed after the first two fights. The most popular prediction for Canelo-GGG 1 was that Canelo wouldn’t get out of the 3rd-6th round. That narrative changed quickly after the fight, when Canelo showed those people he wasn’t as bad as they thought, not even suffering a KD or anything, not even getting in kind of trouble at any point in the fight. At all. Largely unfazed by GGG’s power.
                      Maybe not but he was forced to fight the other mans fight to evade getting properly clipped. He was getting maneuvered around all 4 corners of the ring and his offence was largely subdued because of it. Besides Jacobs had already gone the distance with GGG in the previous fight so its not like Canelo was nailed on to get knocked out.

Comment

Working...
                      X